Creole Man

Really? My husband loves green. I'm getting a sample of this in my next order. Cool!

Oh yeah, it is green. Did I mention it was green? It is. :)

Honestly, to me it smelled like green bananas in the bottle which is why you should NEVER judge a scent from the bottle. I put some on and it dried down into a green scent that made my friend (female) follow me around because she didn't smell it on me unless I'd move and then it would sort of tickle her nose and she loved it. Pretty funny, actually.

• 3 weeks later...

Quince really likes this one, he said it makes him think of "walking through the jungle," not that he knows anything about that, but that was his impression. It is very green and fresh, and the freshness surprised me, I'm thinking the sea air accord is a lot stronger than I imagined it would be. It's like FROG, actually, but without the incense impression or the wetness.

I prefer Bayou Musk on the woobie (because of the touch of sweetness it has while still being very dark) but since he's determined to smell like a man is supposed to smell, there's his endorsement for this one. ;)

Gosh, I really like this one on me! If I had to choose this or Bayou musk it's sister I would choose this. The scent starts out green, crushed twigs and branches and very briefly, maybe a minute or two on my skin I got the green banana smell that was mentioned earlier. Once it dried down it is very sensual, there are the mossy bits to it still but then I get a more aquatic feel. After that it darkens but in a much lighter way then you think of for the tabacco and whiskey scents traditionally. I find it sexy and earthy...Kind of earth mother in feel for me. I think this is a lovely unisex type scent! Don't let the name stop you from trying it ladies!

Green seems to be a theme here.

So last night I swiped some on DH because he hasn't really tried it. His exact words: "Hmm...really green."

So I guess everyone is in agreement. A first.

Creole Man is nice, but DH gives the nod to FROG, one of his all-time favorites. It's that swampy element - he likes to wear it to bed.

• 1 year later...

So...what does "green" smell like. I mean, I know mossy smells...even been to the Bayous and know that loam-y type of smell...I was looking at this one and didn't know how it would go on me. I guess I could ask someone who knows me (or get the sampler...ah, the reason I work: to have money for the little things that make life worth living).

I guess I'm looking at finding a couple of scents that are "me"...one for work, one for play, and maybe one for just hanging with friends...trying to get through the 300+ scents that Mara tempts us with!

Sounds like something I would like...I think this or "Maniac" (ok...not being made any more, but it does sound interesting) would be a good "night on the town" scent and "Intellectual Man" for sitting down for coffee or just talking and relaxing.

I think it is wonderful the amount of scents so that we can truly make it "our" scent.

it is hard to find just one scent. at this point i got a whole chest full of scents for me and even my brother is getting quite the collection!!!! if you like earthy scents you might want to try Thane as well

• 4 weeks later...

You know...I think I'm getting addicted to the variety aspect of this. I got a couple of scents, and got the "bonus pack" with Creole Man in it so that I could see if I like it. I love it and a friend said it is "delicious" (whatever that means...you never can figure out what women mean sometimes!). She said that it would be good for me when I go out on dates. Now, I need to add an order of this one next time I put in an order. I think that I will soon need a cabinet just for colognes...damn you Mara!!! :say19:

You know...I think I'm getting addicted to the variety aspect of this. I got a couple of scents, and got the "bonus pack" with Creole Man in it so that I could see if I like it. I love it and a friend said it is "delicious" (whatever that means...you never can figure out what women mean sometimes!). She said that it would be good for me when I go out on dates. Now, I need to add an order of this one next time I put in an order. I think that I will soon need a cabinet just for colognes...damn you Mara!!! :say19:

By delicious she means she would lick it off your chest if only it were socially appropriate ;%29.gif

Edited by halo0073

By delicious she means she would lick it off your chest if only it were socially appropriate ;%29.gif

Wow. Halo really has a way with words. Certainly describes *my* feelings about Creole Man when Mr. Matt wears it. B) Of course, social appropriateness doesn't really apply in that particular instance. Heh. :666:

(Edited because I CANNOT SPELL TODAY. Just sayin'.)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

Well, I know what fragrance to wear around a certain woman that I want to captivate. Hmmm...does that mean that I have to leave buttons on my shirt unbuttoned, or I should button my shirt all the way to the top so she has more work to do... conundrums abound!

Well, I know what fragrance to wear around a certain woman that I want to captivate. Hmmm...does that mean that I have to leave buttons on my shirt unbuttoned, or I should button my shirt all the way to the top so she has more work to do... conundrums abound!

halfway. Make her work for it a little but show a little of your man cleavage to entice. LOL

• 8 months later...

I really like Creole Man. It was not at all what I expected from reading the descriptions. Maybe because it has aged a while, but this is not the sharper green of Salute, the "thick" green of North Shore or the "wet" green of Eye of the Storm. It is a "sweet" green. It comes across as slightly sweet to me, both out of the bottle and on my skin. But it is not a heavy or cloying sweet. The green and the sweet balance each other very well. I have one commercial cologne that is very sweet and I have to be in the mood to wear it. I can wear Creole Man any time without thinking about it. Hopefully any time I want extra attention from Mrs. QG.

Creole Man just moved way up my list of favorites. Definitely worth a full bottle.

ETA: As I play with it more, there are two interesting notes that pop out. First, you can smell the sweet of the alcohol - the spiced bay rum and the fermented alcohols. They sit just on top of the deeper sweet of the vanilla. Second, and I am not sure which individual notes or combinations create this impression, but you get just a whiff of salt air. And I really like that faint whiff of salt air - it is part of what makes this cologne so appealing to me.

Edited by quietguy

• 9 months later...

QG's experience resonates the most with my experience. Its a softer green but the most noticeable note is the vanilla dry down note with the soft green scent. It smells amazing, a bit on the lighter side

I also like the smell of the spices, it has a great scent.

• 2 months later...

I've worn this a couple times and the dry down is not necessarily masculine but it is 100% delicious. I think that my skin amps up the vanilla notes from this and I love smelling like this all day .

The vanilla slightly boozy dry down note is amazing, this is hands down one of my favorite things to smell like.