Iron Angel

liz

AD-IronAngel_.jpg

Iron Angel

Based on an ancient perfume recipe from India designed to promote love and power, this exotic woods-and-resin blend of fragrant champaka melding with vanilla extract, incense and notes of golden spice is aromatic magick awaiting your command!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, Consecration, Protection, Exorcism
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
SAFFRON ~ Love, beauty, happiness, lust. Purification, healing, clairvoyance.
CHAMPAKA FLOWER ~ Love, strong ingredient for love spells.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing. NOTE: Although well diluted, this potion contains cinnamon essential oil which can be irritating to the skin. Do not use in the vicinity of the eye or other mucous membranes. Discontinue use if sensitivity occurs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wish I could give this little Beauty the review it truly deserves, but I think.....it KICKS A$$ !!
dries down nicely :love:

SO glad I bought a full sz bottle !!

Beautiful and powerful!

On me it starts off very resiny and incense-y.....on the dry-down the cinnamon come through more.

If I were to pair this with a phero(like I do with most my full size bottles) I guess I'd choose Leather.....

It's really very nice.....I might get a bottle.....it's just it doesn't say 'summer' so much as 'winter' to me.....I'll bet it will age wonderfully though.

Hmm I get a really strong cedarwood smell out of this one. Like when you open up one of the chests or little boxes made out of it. I did get some sandalwood. Which is odd because I didn't that there was any in the ingredient list, but maybe that's just the way my nose is interpreting the cedar & vanilla combo

When I first put this on, I neglected to shake it. (D'oh!) The cedar was most predominant.

Then I shook it up, and it turned cloudy, and the scent changed a lot. The cedar is still there, but now as an equal part in a tapestry of awesome and complex scents!

Cedar on first application - and then softened a bit by Frankinscense. Then it softens and a touch of the floral peeks through. Another one of this month's scents that gives off a protective vibe for me. Iron Angel feels a touch playful to me though...perhaps she wears a sundress and leather laced sandals.

• 2 weeks later...

This is really a confidence-building fragrance, and even without pheros! I imagine it'd be FABULOUS with Leather, though. This is one of the rare few cedars that don't amp to eleven and turn into garden cedar chips on me; it acts as a smooth woody bed for the rest of the notes but doesn't overpower. It's like a rich vanillaed exotic incense that has the feel of a tough metal like iron without actually smelling metallic, if that makes any sense. It's sexy and unique and I love it.

This strikes me as a unisex take on an incense-type scent, which I'm thinking is the cedar. I get the cedar more than the champaka, because at first I thought it would remind me of Naughty on the Nile but it evolves into a softer wood and spices blend; but I don't get a particularly feminine vibe from it, although the impression of protection is very stong, as well as an aspect of comfort.

Edited by luna65

• 3 weeks later...

ETA: Um, clearly I wasn't awake enough this morning to remember I actually had reviewed this--but I like the leather jacket analogy and want to keep it!

I can't believe I *never* reviewed this (we all have our faults). It's such a complex scent and difficult to describe but I think the most accurate written description of it would be that it gives the feel of iron without a metallic smell, if that makes any sense at all. There's a creamy aspect, and then there's a "hard" aspect, and when they come together it's like a leather jacket over a lace camisole, tough but still with underlying femininity. I love these types of scents because I feel they represent my character best, and this one really does flesh out that image.

Edited by Invidiana

• 3 months later...

This was a little freebie from the lab. (Love those elves!)

Wow, this scent resonates strength. I'm not talking about throw, but a quiet, palpable power. Cedar doesn't usually like me, but it plays wonderfully withe frankincense and nag champa. The cinnamon is a great touch and keeps the champa from veering to headshop. Very striking and unique (in a very good way).

• 1 month later...

I went thr my samples and sniffees over the weekend as I was preparing my packages to be sent out. I realised that my sniffee was a cloudy mixture with lots of small bubbles while the sample vial was clear. Any idea why?

• 1 month later...

After a couple months of funky skin chemistry, I felt it was safe to try my LP's again. This was the first I pulled out, and wow has it changed! A gorgeous woody incense (incense cedar?) with a clean vibe from the florals. It's soft & pretty, but there's an underlying strength. After all this time, I'm finally figuring out what works on me - and this works!

• 1 year later...

Just received this one today and I really love the depth that this has... At first it was like it was in a forest with cedar trees and I could smell it very strongly but as its dried down and been on me a bit its this lovely scent that just makes me swoon...

I can smell a bit of spice, a bit of forest and a bit of darkness....

I'm so happy I was able to purchase this bottle....yummy

• 1 year later...

Another gift from mara!

I had a feeling i was supposed to shake this one because there was some separation in the vial--it was all foggy and pretty to me :D

After i applied some on it was screaming at me!

It was going CEDER!! CEDER AND FRANKINCENSE!! Then it settled down to a woodsey-with some light incense. Its a tad resiny to my nose but not? It confuses me but i like it! Not enough to wear it every day, more like dab it onto something(handkerchief?) and smell it once in while.

The cinnamon was a little mean to me in this one, it kinda " burned " when i accidentally booped my nose on the application spot before it was fully dry. Wasnt fun, but ill live.

• 6 months later...

This is such an interesting perfume to me. It feels deep and warm and mysterious and slightly foody when I put it on. Over time it lightens quite a bit and becomes slightly smoky sweet. I love that it's based on an ancient perfume recipe. It feels ancient- and it really seems to have a certain magnetic power behind it. I am more aware of my own energy and power when wearing this.

Edited by vladmyra

• 5 months later...

This is such an interesting perfume to me. It feels deep and warm and mysterious and slightly foody when I put it on. Over time it lightens quite a bit and becomes slightly smoky sweet. I love that it's based on an ancient perfume recipe. It feels ancient- and it really seems to have a certain magnetic power behind it. I am more aware of my own energy and power when wearing this.

I really like the sound of that, Vladmyra. In fact, I like the sound of this scent--I've been playing it too safe with oakmoss and sugars. Looking for a distinct change. :cat696:

I know this is kinda old... Bute, does anyone have a phero pairing they might suggest? Or is this perhaps a powerhouse on it's own and better off bare without additional intent?

It's an interesting scent VV. Sometimes on me it comes across as deeper and stronger, and sometimes as a softer lighter scent. Quite magical.

I think LFM for me would go well with this. Or Leather even. Warm elegance with a good amount of depth.

• 5 months later...

This scent is very different, but I like it. I agree that it gives the feeling of iron without smelling metallic, somehow. And I also love that it's based off of an ancient perfume recipe. Anytime I heard the words "ancient" and "perfume" being used together, I am sold!

It has become a soft, feminine, slightly perfumey scent after about half a day of wear. Still very nice.

• 3 months later...

We all have our sorting systems for our LP's. One of my categories is metal/gems. Aquamarine is in there, turquoise, silver, and this beauty. I'd have to say that this smells even more of Iron than the "Silver" smells of silver. I get a sense of the metal being in front of my face, or next to me when I first apply it. Eventually it softens out but there's no mistaking that this perfume has a strong metallic quality. I find it to be on the feminine side of unisex and I LOVE to wear it.

I just researched champaka flower and found that very interesting ( It used to be used to make nag champa incense but is now much too expensive for that and it highly valued by perfumers). My brain refuses to let me analyze this scent. I cannot review when the vanilla appears, or whether I feel I like the amount of cedar. My brain fills it into one complete picture. One more positive thing I can say about it is that it a strong cover for pheros, should you have made the mistake of buying non-LPMP unscented phero blends at some point and now find they can't be covered no matter what you throw at them. Pheros can have a sort of alcohol/metallic/chemical scent and that very much works in your favor with this scent.