Tyvey's Coconut Coffee Ice Cream

tyvey

OK first of all, the coffee in the picture is PRECISELY what I was envisioning when I ordered this!!

Wet: for me it started out black coffee. Dead-on, head-over-the-french-press-as-you-pour-in-the-water coffee. Bright but not at all bitter.

While drying down, the coconut quickly came out, equally to the coffee, to give the impression of coconut flavored coffee (oh hai Invi!). Very nice, and uplifting! but I admit I was like "where's my vanilla/cream :'( ".

But wait there's more! After about 20 minutes, a creamy vanilla came out to play! Yippee! And after *that*, it all melded (melted!) together to give a very harmonious, almost spicy impression, like maybe cloves or cardamom (both of which I adore). It didn't actually smell like those things, but had the same mild-spice feel.

So, at least on me, it needed a bit of time to bloom.

The brown sugar never did come out for me (at least on this first trial) but ain't no thang. If I *must* have more sweetness, I'll layer it with OCCO Pink, or Pure Sugar. :happycaffeinateddance:

I received a sniffee and this is absolutely delicious! For me, I need a coffee blend with more sweetness than spice and for that reason alone I love this.

YAY! and I spoke too soon - the sweetness/creaminess is coming out more and more. :D Almost nutty. It is reminding me of... gasp... LA VIE DE BOHEME.....

Edited by tyvey

This sounds perfect! It's a definite "yes" purchase for me :D

I cannot wait to try this one on! I think I may try it tomorrow. It smells like a delicious grind shop wet. One of my all time favorite smells--based on what Tyvey was describing, I am gonna love this one on dry down! Though I hate the taste coffee, the smell is luscious--coffee lovers will like this one I think!

Edited by ladybegood1

This is so rich, so creamy, so indulgent...wet the coffee is the strongest element but as it dries down the delicious coconut emerges and, just like in the description, a thick ice-creamy vanilla. The proportion of everything is just right and it makes me wish I was in Florida enjoying one of these damnit!

Edited by Invidiana

The best coconut ice cream I ever had was in Honolulu...can't remember the name of the place, though, but they made their own and it had really big chunks of fresh coconut in it.

• 2 weeks later...

This is just a creamy delight :lol: ...I get no coconut but since I am having that problem with Pie In The Sky also,it has to be me :wacko:

I love the coffee in this,by far the best I have smelled in a fragrance,soooo smooth!

I am getting equal parts smooth creamy coffee, coconut and brown sugar. Brown sugar seems to be taming a bit the more i wear it but it's kinda killing me.My amping nemesis. Nobody else gets the brown sugar?

Hmmm, anyone with a sniffie that's not gettin' the love, please let me know!! I really want to try this one!!

I think I just got a sniffee with my last order, Lynne. I'll check tonight when I get home, but email me at wickedquim@gmail.com so I can respond to you there and let you know.

This is lovely! I'm one of those people who hates the taste of coffee but loves the smell, so this is perfect. Delicious coffee with creamy, nutty coconut and vanilla in the background. Delicious!

• 9 months later...

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! ITZ SO GOOOOOOODDDDD!!! AHHH..... DELICIOUS!!! Im just sniffing my arm every 2 second!!! The coconut reminds me of the coconut in Pie in the sky! The cream note is slightly sweetend with a hint of coffee!! OMG. THIS IS AMAZING. :10_small16::banana052: :banana052:

• 3 months later...

The coconut in this is scrumptious! Combined with the sweetness and creaminess of the ice cream, it's like smelling chunks of fresh coconut meat and pieces of candied coconut at the same time. Verrry appetizing to say the least!

I don't get much coffee at all, which is not a bad thing since I usually start out enjoying coffee scents, but don't tend to wear them much. This on the other hand... and I am sure it'll layer beautifully with all sorts of stuff, too :icecream:

Edited by Ishtar

• 1 year later...

Well, this is pretty much what the title says! Coconut, coffee, ice cream. Altogether it goes a bit pink and foody to my nose, deliciously sweet with a little bit of gentle spice. This is probably one of the only coffee scents I have tried that I've liked - the coffee is so well balanced by the other notes and the sweetness.

This is one of my special "in the vault" favorites,will be bringing it out as soon as the weather cools here,or sooner :D ...Have you tried Tyvey's Coffee cake? it is amazing,and surprisingly on the sale list,if I did not already have two bottles,would surely get more!

Possibly, although I don't think there's any spice in CCIC. For me, now that it's aged a while, it's really more like a Coconut Mocha except there's no chocolate. But I don't really get an ice cream evocation from it.

Yeah kinda; that's one of my favorite flavors of Coffeemate too. I also like the International Delight Almond Joy flavor.

The coconut in this one goes a little husk-y on me, but it's mostly a creamy scent, very yum!