Jessica's Cocoabutter, Banana and Fig

This is just :( . Looking at the name you'd think these aren't necessarily three things you'd group together in your mind right away, but they go together alright, and how. The banana in this is smooth and just sweet enough without taking on the cloying quality a lot of types of banana candy tend to have; it's like a luscious caramelized banana that reminds me a lot of that in Mademoiselle Pancake, which I also love. I'm thinking that if the banana note wasn't caramelized on purpose it might be the fig lending it that feel as well; it gives it that utterly delicious sticky, syrupy figgy sweetness that makes the combo of the banana and fig unexpectedly, but utterly decadent. As if that wasn't enough, the thick and slightly coconutty cocoa butter makes this even richer and more exotic. I never thought I'd put the words "tropical" and "comforting" in the same sentence but that's exactly what this is. The sniffie confirmed my hunch this would be amazing and I'm so glad I was able to get a bottle in time!

I even liked the fig in this which was a minor miracle in itself, I think the brown sugar really helped to hold everything together. But that first whiff of the banana and cocoa butter - which has a much more chocolate quality for me - is absolute heaven. I'm thinking of a derivative idea if supplies are in stock...mmmm.

I split a bottle w/ Tyvey, can't wait to get it, cause my sniffee/sample is down to maybe one more wearing. I get fig right away then the banana/cocoa butter shoots thru, thinking of wearing it w/Sug'd Fried Bananas.

• 3 weeks later...

Fascinating: I expected it to be FOOD , but it's not. It's much more perfumey than I expected- this would not be out of place commercially. The combo has a mysterious, almost smoky quality to it that I can't put my finger on. It's so smooth that I really don't think anyone one on the street would ever pick out any of the ingredients. I'm sniffing so hard that I'm giving myself a headache. :)

• 2 years later...

I love the fig on wet. The banana made a quick appearance after a while. However, after dry down, I get a slight sharp and medicinal scent over, perhaps, brown sugar? I'm waiting for the cocoabutter to show up but it seems like it might not be making an appearance at all.

• 6 years later...

Found some sniffees in a box stashed deep inside my bedside table this evening and randomly picked and finished using this PE as my evening scent. On my skin, it was probably primarily fig and cocoabutter which is heavenly. Didn't quite get the bananas though. 4.5 hours later, I'm left with a powdey scent, just as Sugared Honeycomb would do on my skin. Truly amazed that the scent kept well after all these years. 

18 hours ago, JOC said:

Found some sniffees in a box stashed deep inside my bedside table this evening and randomly picked and finished using this PE as my evening scent. On my skin, it was probably primarily fig and cocoabutter which is heavenly. Didn't quite get the bananas though. 4.5 hours later, I'm left with a powdey scent, just as Sugared Honeycomb would do on my skin. Truly amazed that the scent kept well after all these years. 

Ooh I never smelled this one. Sounds lush and heavenly.