Native Soil 2010

Kovvy

AD-NativeSoil2010.jpg?v=7516fd43adaa

Native Soil 2010

Always in demand by all Creatures of the Night, this is a Protection Potion with a very sexual context. Just as a Vampire must sleep with a bit of his native soil for protection, this Spell Potion will also keep unwelcome elements out of your circle and away from where you lay your head at night. It contains many ingredients designed to keep nasties away, but this Cinnamon and Sandalwood based scent will allow the ones you invite into your world coming back for more!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
CARPATHIAN FLORALS ~ Protection.
RESINS ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches. Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. NOTE: Although well diluted, this potion contains cinnamon essential oil which can be irritating to the skin. Do not use in the vicinity of the eye or other mucous membranes. Discontinue use if sensitivity occurs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wonderful sandalwood and resins with gentle cinnamon that kind of fades into the background on drydown. A clean scent, and sort of soothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Gorgeous and sensual resin-covered sandalwood with an evil lashing of cinnamon. :666: I do tend to amp spices but the cinnamon is kept in balance by the wood and resins and doesn't take over the rest of the blend. How could a vampire like me resist this one?

Edited by Invidiana

• 3 months later...

This was a freebie on my first order (yay!)

I normally avoid cinnamon because I end up smelling like red hots, but this is blended so beautifully I didn't immediately realize this was one of the ingredients. It adds just the right amount of heat and is definitely bottle worthy!

• 1 month later...

I got a vial mostly for the protection aspect as I was dealing with some stress at work (now alleviated by the source of negativity being fired). On me, it is a combo of clean and dirty...like I had my hands in some dirt and was washing them with a slightly floral soap...no cinnamon, though.

• 3 weeks later...

I get mostly sandle wood :666: It's a very comforting scent :666: My helper said that it smelt like softeners the 1st hour i applied this! :blushing:

I find it similar to Weapon X? Except this is a lot milder :D This didn't stay long on me tho... 3 hours? Will test out more! :yeahthat::):surprised:

• 5 months later...

In the vial, Native Soil is a soft and well-rounded scent, perfumy, clean and refined.

On my skin, it turns quite soapy for the first hour or so - certain types of sandalwood will sometimes do that. After a while, the woodsy notes become more predominant. The sandalwood in this is very calming, and perfect for a protection blend.

A while longer, and the cinnamon eventually shows up. Now I love cinnamon in fragrances, the more robust the better, but the soapiness has returned by now and we're firmly in "clean" territory rather than spicy. Protective and soothing, it's a great fit for the intent.

• 2 months later...

I was excited at first application. Loved the cinnimon and smelled just a hint of earth, not dirt, just earth. Really liked. After an hour though, it really faded and turned just sweet, no spice. I am trying a full application today.

• 2 months later...

This one turns out soapy on me just after application. I can smell only soap, slight sweetness and little later dirt or earth. Though the intent is good . itried it wearing 2 times N both the times i feel more secure with myself. As if there something protecting me from all directions. May be good for us ladies when we want security, and no ones around to make you feel that way. This scent can come in handy. Though i cant take it for the way it smells, i can still think of geting it for protection purpose. To burn the oil in the house.

• 1 month later...

Flowers, a combination of flowers is what I got. No cinnamon, sandalwood, etc. Nice scent but I prefer flora scents which I can pin point what's in the top note, base note etc.

I recently got a bottle of this on the trading post hoping the cinnamon & sandalwood would be most prominent, but I'm having the same experience as JOC. I'm now searching for a separate cinnamon & sandalwood I can lightly layer with it.

• 4 weeks later...

I adore this one, I got it as a sample and it is one of my favourite scents ever sadly I decided I could not buy it as my skin ate it up every time! I am still looking for something that is similar that will stay on my flesh.

Edited by Indigo

• 1 month later...

So I wore this again today (out of a bottle instead of my trial vial) and it was crazy different.

At first, I didn't smell anything, so I put more on. Then I thought it smelled more like sandalwood, though I remember it being a cinnamony scent on me before, and then it morphed into something else, kind of dry and very strong (I probably just put too much on), kind of musky. I remember liking this one a lot, but I didn't today. And my boss, walking by, said, "Something smells like exhaust." I'm pretty sure it was my perfume he smelled, but luckily there was a vent nearby that was acting up, and he said that probably someone had parked and was idling right near the intake. I went into the bathroom shortly after that and wiped off what I could.

I don't know if my body chemistry just happens to be wildly different today or what, but it was not at all what I was expecting.

• 7 months later...

OK, you olfactory experts. As mentioned above, I also get the flowers and soap from the bottle of 'Native Soil' I have that some others are experiencing, and I don't like it at all. I had hoped for the cinnamon + sandalwood of the first version. So what would you suggest to try to turn this into something other than soapy flowers? I did consider adding some 'Haunted Hallows' to it because I do like the florals in it, but I'm really undecided so I'd appreciate ideas. I REALLY want it to be cinnamon + sandalwood, but I'm afraid this is too soapy flowery for that to work out.

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I received this one as a free one and I love the scent. I do get a bit of the clean soap but more of a essence of soap than actual soap.Like mentioned above it is as if i was working outside in the dirt and then washed with soap. I find this scent soothing and I am so happy the intent is protection. I will cherish both this one and Stocking Stuffer.

• 5 years later...

I'm not a huge fan of cinnamon, or any spices in perfumes, really, and that's most of what I'm getting with this one. I do get a bit of soapiness under the cinnamon. But overall, this is not one for me, pretty much due to the cinnamon. 

@Lainey, you're being brave! There's even a cinnamon warning in the description. That is part of the magic of Mara's blends, she can make us love a blend with a note in it that we "know" we don't like. Except she'll never pull me into a blend with German blue camomile. NEVER. 

19 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@Lainey, you're being brave! There's even a cinnamon warning in the description. That is part of the magic of Mara's blends, she can make us love a blend with a note in it that we "know" we don't like. Except she'll never pull me into a blend with German blue camomile. NEVER. 

We shall see. 😄

I think you might have misunderstood my review, though--ultimately I decided that this one was not for me, mostly due to the cinnamon. I'm trying them all because I'm trying to cut back (she says, as she plans another order). 

I'm just messing around with you!:hearts09780:

I got that it wasn't a @Lainey scent.

It was my daughter's birthday yesterday and we had a party the day before and I'm averaging 5 hours max sleep a night, so my words may be funny in my head, but not when I attempt to transfer them to the bright blue screen. I get a little goofy when I'm overtired. Sometimes I'll just laugh and laugh at anything my man says, and he'll just shake his head and say, "you need sleep." :10_small16:

You said it wasn't for you due to the cinnamon, because you're not a huge fan of cinnamon or spices in perfume, and the description calls it  a "Cinnamon and Sandalwood based scent." I was attempting to say that you were being brave by sampling scents out of your known comfort zone. If a sent was described as being "jasmine and blue camomile based," I'd be too cowardly to even sniff it in the vial! And I've also seen it reported all over the forum that Mara made person X love a blend that had the most undesirable (to person X) notes in it. Okay, my bed calls to me now....

:moon452:

:bed4:            :onigiri_moon_sleep:

LOL! Yes, get some sleep! Sleep is good...

My husband does things to make me laugh harder when I'm overtired and laughing at everything, lol. 

I didn't read the description before I tried it. I have just been picking up one of my storage bullet boxes, pulling one out, and trying it. I might have been scared away if I had read about the cinnamon!