Garden of Mystery

Pony

AD-GardenMystery.jpg

Garden of Mystery

The first seductress upon the earth, the first woman who could not be tamed…Lilith is a powerful figure in the mythologies of the world. We hope to embody her seductive aura as she first appeared in the Garden with an equally complex and captivating fragrance: the temptations of muscadine grape, pomegranate and lime, walnut and hazelnut, with hints of ginger and marshmallow root layered with rich balsamic amber. To invite others into the mystery one should be enigmatic…and you will be as longed for as Lilith, haunting the memories of all those she conquered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
MUSCADINE GRAPE ~ Fertility, increases mental prowess, money attracting.
POMEGRANATE ~ Divination, luck, wishes granted, wealth, fertility.
LIME ~ Healing, love, protection.
HAZELNUT ~ Intuition, wisdom, protection, fertility.
WALNUT ~ Leaves promote fertility, carry nuts to delay pregnancy. Wishes granted, strengthens the heart, enhancement of mental powers. Dark earthly powers.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
BALSAMIC AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches. NOTE: While the citrus in this blend is quite well diluted, please be aware that citrus on bare skin under direct sunlight can burn and even bleach the skin. Take care, if you plan to wear citrus perfumes outside during the day, make sure that the areas on which you've applied it are covered by clothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I admit it - I was afraid to try Garden of Mystery. It's the muscadine...last time I tried a perfume with muscadine I smelled like the worst sort of rotten funk. Have you ever smelled the grapes in a fermentation vat at a winery? Yeah, that.

But luckily, it reacted differently on me here. This smells vaguely like a high-end soda pop to me...like Blue Sky's take on Lilith's garden. But also somehow sexy.

Is there such a thing as a sexy natural soda? Anyway...

I keep sniffing my arm. Garden of Mystery is different, sexy, and hard to pin down. And I do get the occasional whiff of fermenting grapes, but not in a "OMG go wash yourself off, woman" type of way.

This is really lush; I get lots of those muscadine grapes, which aren't sour or bitter like the smell of actual wine sometimes is but rather juicy and sweet with the pomegranate and lime adding some tartness and the amber giving it further depth. Looking at the note list again now I see what that one mysterious thing I was trying to pin down was--walnut. I love walnut, and I've never worn anything with fruit and walnut in it before, but it's a surprisingly delicious combo. It kind of reminds me of high-end grape candy, but in the best way possible. :)

This is really lush; I get lots of those muscadine grapes, which aren't sour or bitter like the smell of actual wine sometimes is but rather juicy and sweet with the pomegranate and lime adding some tartness and the amber giving it further depth. Looking at the note list again now I see what that one mysterious thing I was trying to pin down was--walnut. I love walnut, and I've never worn anything with fruit and walnut in it before, but it's a surprisingly delicious combo. It kind of reminds me of high-end grape candy, but in the best way possible. :)

Yeah, this is very nice.....I get the essence of grape candy too, but not in a cheap or cheesy way......not something I would NORMALLY wear, but not bad actually.....

I've long-stated I am a fan of the LPMP wine accords, the grape blends are really wonderful. When Mara first described this to me I was really wondering how the grape and the lime would work out, and I find the lime and the pomegranate lend a bit of a sharp edge of the grape, but more like grape skin, I guess. This is incredibly interesting and intriguing and does present a sense of the primordial garden in that it is ripe but not refined.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hmm I got a sniffie of this and it was really interesting at first

chocolately and fruity with something that was hard to pin down (I didn't know or remember the notes at the time), it's different and I think I like it UNTIL... BATHROOM CLEANER! not just bathroom cleaner but like the stuff they use to clean public toilets with, or urinals blech >_< ... oh well...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

WALNUT ~ Leaves promote fertility, carry nuts to delay pregnancy. Wishes granted, strengthens the heart, enhancement of mental powers. Dark earthly powers.

GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.

BALSAMIC AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.

I had been ignoring this one because I didn't like it in the sample vial. But I got brave and tried massaging a bit of this into my scalp it is wonderful. I'm surrounded in a sweet, fruity cloud of fragrance now. I get a little bit of greeny herbalness from it, but since there is really no greenery in it that is probably the result of the lime with the other ingredients. I get a bit of a sense of sweet wine from the muscadines which makes it more grown-up than kiddie Kool-Aid.

Edited by Darbla

BALSAMIC AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.

I had been ignoring this one because I didn't like it in the sample vial. But I got brave and tried massaging a bit of this into my scalp it is wonderful. I'm surrounded in a sweet, fruity cloud of fragrance now. I get a little bit of greeny herbalness from it, but since there is really no greenery in it that is probably the result of the lime with the other ingredients. I get a bit of a sense of sweet wine from the muscadines which makes it more grown-up than kiddie Kool-Aid.

I must dig this out of it's hiding place. REading your description of ingredients I don't see how I would pick up "dirt" maybe confusing it with Native Soil...

The more I have worn this this past week, the more I like it. It is a sugary sweet wine, a lot like a combination of 'Pink' and 'Vamp Cabernet' I've used regularly. You can not judge this if you only sniff it in the sample; the result after melding with your skin is entirely different. I think I'm going to dump the rest of this sample in my hair mist so I can enjoy walking around in a yummy cloud of this.

• 10 months later...

Wow, I totally didn't get these notes when I smelled it. I thought it was somewhat chocolatey and sweet. The grape smell comes out so rich and chewy. I guess it must have been the various nuts I can smell in it, which surprisingly I actually quite like the smell of in this, though I'll still have to avoid wearing it for allergy reasons. It is lovely though.

• 3 weeks later...

Believe it or not I just this week finished off that hair mist I mentioned above having made almost a year ago. :o But I had put a germicide in it then and I've kept it in the fridge (which is the biggest reason I kept forgetting to use it!)

I have returned to sing this one's praises as an early Autumn scent, since we are coming up on that time. The grapey wine of this would be perfect as a segue from Summer to Fall. I know I've used it up during hot-as-blue-blazes Summer, but that was just because I wanted to use up the ingredients in the mister to make a new one, and it was too wonderful to just dump this down the drain (shudder...). I will probably make up a different Autumn scent when that time comes, but mostly just to have something different after using this for awhile (and because I don't have any more of this in the tiny trial sizes, and that was the perfect amount for my 3 oz mister).

So don't ignore this one in late August/September when you start rooting around in your stash for an Autumnish scent.

• 1 year later...

I've long-stated I am a fan of the LPMP wine accords, the grape blends are really wonderful. When Mara first described this to me I was really wondering how the grape and the lime would work out, and I find the lime and the pomegranate lend a bit of a sharp edge of the grape, but more like grape skin, I guess. This is incredibly interesting and intriguing and does present a sense of the primordial garden in that it is ripe but not refined.

^^Yes. I decided to take another try with this last night. It's grape'ish but the other notes blend the grape down and I get a deep wine, slightly foodie a bit tart, rich scent. I really like Balsamic Amber. It's like I've gone wine tasting in the garden of Eden.

• 4 months later...

eewww this smells like gingerbread cookies dipped in red wine D:

Its very prominent in the wine area, I think the mallowroot has a hand in making the gingerbread scent...oh, wait theres ginger in this so ofcourse thats where itd be coming from haha! Sadly i just washed my hands of my last patch testing so im gonna have to deal with this nasty little stank on my hand :C

For some reason i seem to only focus on the one note i absolutely HATE (the wine, i got some bad experiences with wine) I cant even with this, i wanted to like it because the mallow root was usually to die for but after experiencing this its not that worth it

Im sorry, i thought i wouldnt live to see the day of me disliking something 100% from LP :(

(Edit to add, just cuz this isnt for me doesnt mean it will be absolutely horrible on the other person. If you dig wine scents with a tart berry undertone then give this a spin since it is kinda exotic with the gingerbread going for it in the background)

Edited by Anonymous2F

• 1 month later...

I was surprised to read how many of you got stand-out grape from this as I can't smell it consistently wet or dry, it sort of fades in an out (and considering the way fruits have gone on me that's a good thing).

The stand-out scent on me, both wet and dry, is chocolate & nuts. It smells like some unusual dessert (could also have something to do with marshmallow?) with nuts at the front and a touch of lime toward the back. The zingy lime fades as the perfume dries but boy do those nuts remain. In the place of the lime I think I get a touch of the amber once it has been on for a few hours but nothing too prominent. Nothing of the ginger that I could smell.

It's very complex but I don't know that it's for me. We'll see what the second application holds!

• 8 months later...

I was surprised to read how many of you got stand-out grape from this as I can't smell it consistently wet or dry, it sort of fades in an out (and considering the way fruits have gone on me that's a good thing).

The stand-out scent on me, both wet and dry, is chocolate & nuts.

I got a sniffie of this in my last order. I get chocolate and nuts too. But the nuts seem stronger to me. I don't really get grapes. I had to read the discription fr this to see that there are grapes in this.

It has nice lasting power on me. For some reason i find it very comforting and i usually put on a drop or two right before bed time.

• 4 months later...

So...I tried this one today. I am not sure what to make of it. I thought that since there was "garden" in the name, that it was supposed to be a floral scent, but I found it to be slightly foodie and tart, which confused me. Now I see it has fruit and nuts rather than flowers! So that makes sense.

I find this one a little too tart and foodie for my tastes, in the vial. On my skin, it pretty much disappears right away. My skin just devours it. So it would seem that this is not the scent for me. It also turns mildly plasticky right before it disappears. I'm not entirely sure yet, but I don't think nuts as a note tend to work for me.

Oh well, onward and upward! They can't all work out, right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ooooo, in the vial I knew this was going to be wonderful.

Wet get the Muscadine grape and walnut/faint hazelnut instantly ~ refreshment and warmth all at once. It is red wine consumed on a cool, crisp evening..slightly chilly breeze, but toasty warm and glowing inside. I think the nuts and amber combine with the marshmallow and somehow give off a whiff of chocolate. I get little to no ginger, but it must be adding to the warming effect. The pomegranate and lime seem to blend with the grape to create a single bright note. After an hour, the amber begins to step shyly forward, but does not overpower the now warmed grape.

I just had a scent memory flash of Saturday mornings, sitting at the kitchen table with my neighbor's Italian grandma during her summer visits. She was forever baking biscotti and pouring red wine into glasses, telling us we must dunk biscotti in our wine to give us strength for the day. That and a cappuccino made for a great Saturday perk me up..at the ripe old age of 14! After all, who were we to disrespect our elders? Grandma is 98 years young and still makes the best cannoli I've ever had the pleasure to gluttonously devour. Cheers, Grandma!