Babe in the Woods

Invidiana

Babe in the Woods

Gentle against the skin like a favorite sheer cotton shirt... cool and light in summer's heat, a cloud of musky woods with smooth touches of powdery vanilla and tonka bean, sprinkled with petals of pansy, freesia and iris, and given a subtle sparkle by citrus, sugar and honey. Innocent...but not quite. Comfortable...but pretty. Soft...but definitely sexy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
WHITE MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
TEAK ~ Riches, protection.
CEDAR ~ Purification, removing hexes, healing, wealth.
PANSY ~ Draws love, ensures your lover will think of you when separated, divination.
FREESIA ~ Innocence, chastity, charm.
IRIS ~ Friendship, faith, wisdom, valor and promise; purification, resurrection.
TONKA ~ Love, money, courage, wishes granted; wards off illness.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
OAK MOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental or nurturing love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is both sexy and comforting at once, sexy in that carefree casual jeans-and-t-shirt way that mystifies men. It's the good type of powdery, the type that's all soft and snuggly like the best-smelling fabric softener possible, and I assure you this is a compliment because besides my trademark dark and/or foody stuff I love those types of scents. I can't categorize it as primarily floral or woody or musky, it just has equal parts of all three that blend together to wrap around you like a soft fuzzy blanket. It's a bit more floral-woodsy wet, and as it dries down the honey/vanilla/tonka/musk sweeten it up and contribute to the sensuality as my skin warms it further. I've tried powdery stuff in the past that ended up being a total fail on me, and I'm very happy to say that this takes me to a happy place and is made of win. :love:

It's more like a grown-up version of Love's Baby Soft. It's really nothing like Cuddle Bunny.

THAT'S what it reminded me of! I knew it reminded me of something but I couldn't place it; however, this one's sexier. :yeahthat:

I was a fan of Love's Baby Soft....as a matter of fact, it is one of the FEW commercial perfumes that I have a bottle of....

This one is almost like that.....very soft, very pretty, very feminine.....the only bad part is that my skin gobbled it up within about 15 minutes.....completely gone.....so sad!

This one is gorgeous! it's fresh, clean, powdery & floral all at the same time. I don't get the similarity to "Love's Baby Soft" until about 40 minutes into it. And now I understand the "Best fabric softener smell ever. In the beginning, it really is! This is a perfect "Lunch with the girls" scent. Definitely a full bottle one!

Started out VERY young-girly on me - reminded me in fact of a Barbie perfume I had when I was little! But grows in complexity and warmth as it dries down. Now that it's totally dry, it's super smooth and I can't pick out any notes. Still very feminine but now feels office-appropriate, elegant and lies very close to the skin.

Ach, I just can't wear scents like these, they don't smell right on my skin. Though I imagine I smell okay to other people but the powdery floral-with-cloth-accord kind of thing just isn't for me.

• 3 weeks later...

This one smells lovely in the bottle. Flora with green notes. However, on application, it smelt like shampoo. Afterwards, it flipped between shampoo and "Fa Soap". Got to blame it on my body chemistry. This is not for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I absolutely loved Invidiana's description of this scent. I think she got it absolutely spot on. My left wrist is currently adorned with this and I love it. It makes me think to those pyjama days, (usually a Sunday) when you and your honey can't really be bothered to get properly dressed and you snuggle on the sofa infront the telly watching a favorite movie and wrap up in a freshly laundered soft quilt or fluffy big towel... lush!

• 4 months later...

THIS IS A BOTTLE FOR ME!!!! :blue_dancing_banana: YAY!!

It's a light floral version of baby powder!!!! ITZ LOVELY!!!! It's so soft, comfy and feminine at the same time! It stays close to your skin as it's not loud. Gentle and pure :blue_dancing_banana:

It's beautiful :( I can't get enough of this!!! :J001:

• 4 months later...

This one is green and outdoorsy on me at first, but in a soft and fresh way - there's none of the soapiness and sharpness that usually ruin green scents for me.

After a few minutes, the floral notes and the musk show up, and turn the blend quite powdery, as others have mentioned. I for one really enjoy powdery scents, so no complaints here! I can smell the iris and, upon complete drydown, the citrus - the other notes are so well blended that I would have a hard time picking them out.

For all its softness, Babe in the Woods is rather rich and layered. It is young and uplifting - "clean" scent aficionados should really enjoy this!

• 11 months later...

I don't think I like this one. It smells very salty to me. Like that power detergent that gets out the toughest stains- Oxy something?

It smells like those little packets that come in shoe boxes that have beads in them to help stabilize odors I think. You know how if you open it and smell it it smells and tastes salty? That's what this reminded me of. It did settle into a very floral type of smell that instantly brought me back to Seventeen magazine, caboodles, and kotex advertisements during Charles in Charge. I remembered Cindy Crawford's work out video and the movie Short Circuit. I also remembered Cindy Crawford's commercial for Charlie and then I felt embarrassed for her all over again. It was a fun trip down memory lane, but I think I like being " 30, flirty and thriving" and prefer my job at Poise magazine as fashion editor of the world versus being boring Jenna Rink BFF to Matty and always wanting to be super cool like the Six Chicks.

Edited by LadyVictoria

Babe in the Woods is one of my all-time favourites. A perfect perfume for springtime: a mix of lovely flowers with sexy musk. On my skin, it's long lasting, from morning to late afternoon. I have a sugar scrub with Babe in the Woods, also.

• 1 month later...

when I first applied this, it was a light, fresh floral. It quickly dried down to a soft, powdery scent. Pretty much gone after an hour or so. At least I can't smell anything. My skin just kind of smells "clean". Nice, but I'd prefer my perfume to have more of a presence...

I tested this again when I was on vacation last summer. I fell in love with its soft powdery flora scent and i had to hoard. Used this for work today and my cleaning lady said that I smell very good as I unlock my office door.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is such a fresh, clean slightly greenish-light floral and powdery fragrance super sexy and work apropos.

Beautiful alone or maybe with a light handed touch of SS4W

Edited by StacyK

• 1 month later...

I've been loving my sample and have been using B2 with it. They are great together. The scent is more woodsy/floral at first and then dries down to a powdery finish. It still retains the woodsy/floral for me on the dry down, but the powdery softness has a more prominent showing. I agree w/ StacyK, this is very appropriate for work, which is where I have been wearing this lovely along with the B2.

• 3 weeks later...

At first, this did smell like a nice fabric softener. After it dried, it became "greener" like a hint of fresh cut grass thrown into the florals. Very pretty and powdery... and snuggly. Every time I huff it, I feel more and more relaxed. It's like a security blanket in a bottle! I imagine taking a very soft and cuddly blanket (fresh out of the dryer) to a beautiful meadow with freshly bloomed spring flowers and snuggling up with my SO (in that cute-gooey phase in the relationship).

Edited by PhoenixOnFyre

• 10 months later...

When I first got my sample it was still winter, and this wore beautifully casual. Light and soft, and the white musk and oak moss together one me blends perfectly. It's very subtle and not an overpowering scent. I was worried the oak moss may be too earthy but it stayed "green" and light. I was hoping for more of my favorite Tonka to come out, but my chemistry is strange. I've discovered though when I wore this again with humidity in the air, that it can go a bit musty on me. I reapplied and that helped, but the change of seasons was a surprise!

• 6 months later...

This smells so sweet and innocent to me. Very powdery. Like scented baby powder. My husband wasn't impressed. I like it, but I don't feel like it really stands out at all.

I am not feeling innocent today so I decided to slut it up a bit with some Aja this evening. :D

• 7 months later...

I love Babe in the Woods! As soon as I saw Mara describe it as a grown up Loves Baby Soft I knew I had to have it! That is what I wanted my Sweet Baby PE to be,grown up Baby Soft,and I like SB a lot, especially for its tenacity which isn't often seen in such a light scent, but I must admit a shocker: I like this one more! It's really just truer to form. Sweet Baby would be perfect with the addition of oakmoss and either tonka like this has, or a vanilla. Something to sweeten it up a tad. I asked for no sugar in SB, and I think it was my folly. Still love it, but this one hits the nose in a smoother, softer way. I don't get any green, it's pale pale pink and Robins egg blue. Dreamy, casual,comfy and nostalgic. If you dig this, also check out New, Sneaky Clean & Give Peas a chance. They are all different, but each retains that casual, almost childlike innocence that smells so fresh and approachable. There's also a coolness to this one, it's great on a warm day, or anytime your body or mind feels over heated or over wrought. And this one lasts pretty decently too, not as good as New or Sweet Baby, but not half bad. Far better than actual Loves Baby Soft, which I enjoy layering with this.

Today I'm wearing this with a few spritzes of Chantilly, it's a nice combo! Woody, sweet and soft! Makes me want to cozy up with some tea and my sleeping baby with a good movie, and if I conk out, all the better!

Eta: I was saying Sweet Baby needs oakmoss, but IS baby powder oakmoss? I'm just curious if they are two separate notes. I know SB has 'baby powder' in it, but isn't that essentially oakmoss? Just curious. I guess I just wish I would have put a sugar or vanilla in SB, but hey, that's what the layerables are for! Maybe I'll have to put some Halo on my Sweet Baby!

Edited by cheeseburger79

I've never tried SB but I totally agree with you that it smells fresh and approachable and great for a warm day. It took me some time to learn to like this scent. In fact, on my skin it seems so close to Sneaky Clean.

• 2 years later...

What was I even talking about three years ago? Clearly I was either more discerning or crankier. This is delightful to me today. So soft and sweet and comforting.

I don't get Love's Baby Soft out of it, though. I...I kind of miss Love's Baby Soft. Do they still make that stuff? So many of my fave scents from when I was a little schmoo are either gone or gone all wrong (I'm looking at you, White Musk from The Body Shop). Even my L'air du Temps doesn't smell as "clean" as it once did. And milk chocolate doesn't taste the same...nothing is the same. *sobs* I need a time machine to go back and stock up on everything. One time I had a Crunch bar that I got at the airport in Frankfurt and it tasted the way milk chocolate used to taste when I was a kid. Had I known, I would have bought more.

What was I talking about? Oh yeah, this is really nice. It might make me a tad sentimental for the good old days, when perfume was perfume and milk chocolate was milk chocolate. Not that this smells anything like chocolate. But apparently it inexplicably makes me think of chocolate. And perfumes (which makes more sense). And the better quality of both of those items in the late 80s and early 90s.