Elixir of Worldly Delights

Invidiana

AD-Elixir.jpg?v=7516fd43adaa

Elixir of Worldly Delights

A substance of legend, created to sustain lovers as they embark upon that most mystical of voyages…the discovery of their true selves in the throes of passion. The combined ingredients promote stamina and overwhelming joy in lovemaking, a true feast for the senses. The taste and the aroma are equally luscious, so allow us to tempt you with this delicious mix in its’ scented form…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
JASMINE RICE ~ Protection, fertility, abundance, money. Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
COCONUT CREAM ~ Receptivity, protection, purification.
ROSE WATER ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection & love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
ORANGE FLOWER WATER ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
CARDAMOM ~ Lust, love.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
CURRY ~ Lustfulness, heat, protection, health.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This one is pure exotica. It's really smooth and sexy while at the same time having a hint of freshness about it like an ocean breeze sweeping across a tropical island. If you're afraid of neroli, jasmine or rose, don't be, because they're very subtle and just add a soft and sensual compliment to the delicious coconut cream. I love how the white cardamom and hint of curry add just the right hint of spice but don't amp to eleven on me and let the coconut and soft florals shine through. It's really making me crave going to the beach!

I really like this one as well. I was a little worried about the florals being too strong on me, but they're hardly noticable.

I am really in love with this one!!! I got a sample size and have almost used it up in two days...I think it's going to be a full bottle pruchase next time the money fairy comes to town...lol

This does not give me the evocation I thought it would. It actually makes me think of an Indian restaurant: with the curry and then the coconut cream and jasmine rice which makes me think of kheer (mmm kheer *drools*) and then in the drydown there's a spicy rose impression, like incense burning on the altar of Ganesh in the back of the room...so yeah, this is totally a place I could visit over and over again!

hmmm to be honest I am not totally sold on this one. Though I like most of the notes (very true jasmine-rice scent, cardamom, rosewater), the combination of those notes isn't really doing anything for me... and at least my vial is a Parade of Notes... I bet once this ages a bit, it will become a creamy, heady, imagination-firing fabulosity, but it's not quite doing it for me yet...

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe... This was one of the ones I figured wouldn't be Rosebud's cup of tea... I'm not a big fan of florals and coconut I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with; it's either awesome of smells like rancid sunscreen on me

I hardly get any florals with this one...maybe just a faint hint of it but I have to really concentrate and search for it while sniffing. What I get is a creamy rice pudding type scent with cardamom and a touch of coconut. It reminds me of the coconut rice I usually get with my Chicken Korma :)

This one is really yummy! It's not a"OMG, I must have a full bottle right now" scent, but I would definitively buy a bottle if I get my hands on some extra money :)

I love the sweet, dessert-ness of this, I think it would be great with cops. It's like sweet coconut pudding with a touch of rose and saffron.

Just need to wear it a bit longer to make sure I'm not getting a headache (allergies).

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Surprisingly, this is not too foody. It has more of a perfumey feel to me...that may be the florals. The cardamom is a little sharp on me at first but it doesn't last long and it dries down to a softer scent. This isn't too floral either, it has just a hint on a subtle, creamy background.

• 2 months later...

I wouldn't have tried this one except the Potion Mistress threw a sniffee in with a recent order (thanks Mara). This is very nice. I normally don't do a lot of florals, but I guess the addition of the coconut & spices in this one is the trick on me. I get this very intimate warm sweet skin smell. Something that whispers "Come Closer..."

I will be ordering a full bottle of this one in my next order. I guess Mara knows best!

• 1 month later...

Even though this is quite creamy and sweet, it's not cloying at all.

Actually, for the first 20 minutes, the overall feel is rather savoury to me. I get one of those "ghost note" effects, as the cardamom and curry register like coriander on my skin. [Now don't panic, the coriander is not really there - but I am used to smelling it in combination with cardamom and curry in Indian food, so my brain automatically fills in the blank and adds a dash of coriander to "complete" the blend.]

Things go back to normal after drydown, where I do get the fragant coconut rice pudding other reviewers have described. This iwould be perfect for those who like exotic scents but often find them too bold - this blend has a bit of throw, but it never gets "loud" and mostly stays close to the skin.

• 1 year later...

Eeek! On first application something about this goes horrible on my skin. Smells like cheap toilet cleaner. As it dries down it becomes more bearable, and I get a whiff of something more foody - I guess it is the curry, but to me it smells a bit like vanilla somehow. When I sniff for it I can get a hint of coconut as well. It becomes quite interesting at this stage, but not something I would want to wear as a perfume.

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more love. To me I would imagine lovers of French Musk might like this.

On skin it is very sweet, and an almost fruity note comes out. I don't sense the cardamom. It's warm, sweet rice, but not like Nekomusume really. I get no curry. I really like this a lot. I can see it being a favourite on a winter morning if I want to feel comforted, but it is in no way a stodgy rice-pudding smell.

I can imagine my frosty breath in the air, soft cardigan, sheepskin boots on, walking to school in the morning as the weather turns crisper.

I'm really glad I chose this.

• 8 months later...

I spied this one just cruising the perfumery and these reviews are so varied and fascinating that I just had to try it! Is it foodie? Is it floral? Is it feminine? A comfort scent? The answer is yes to everything, lol. I went with a fb. It's been 3/4s of a year since the last post...has anyone been wearing it lately and if so, is it still fantastic or better....or something else...?

-----------------------------

Update:

Just got my package! In the bottle I'm getting the jasmine and curry...can't wait to see how this plays with my chemistry!

-----------------------------

When I put this on it was surprisingly floral and the rose was very prominent, not loud, not hit you over the head floral but soft and pretty and as time went on the coconut, curry and rice came out. I'm not sure I caught the cardamom but now it's hours later and I've got the delicious milky, creamy sweetness...is it the coconut? Whatever it is, the finish is glorious! This one is very YUM! The rose in it is so true it's like holding the flower in my hands while it's still on the rosebush, alive and blushing in the warmth of the day. I think it's my favorite part of the metamorphosis...although the creamy finish sure is mighty fine too, lol!

Edited by NuTrix

• 7 months later...

This is legit cakey in the beginning, i pick up on some spiciness which makes it seem oddly delicious

Oh! its kinda like a savory cake! theres some creamy coconut mixed in there and its drizzled over something (a meat? rice?)

Alright got the scent list up, its definitely coconut milk, curry and rice i picked up on, the orange flowers is standing out a little bit, dont pick up on any roses so yay

Its creamy in a savory kind of way with the curry staying true and the rice--i never smelled jasmine rice before so i can only really comment that it vaguely smells of regular rice. Its for real foody and its delicious. I cant say much else about it. Its really unique since i havent smelled anything savory from LP before :B

So glad to see you review A2F! I loved this from the start and even got a backup bottle in the sale...I would never have expected it to be such a winner. You didn't get any rose? How fascinating! I totally get the rose in with everything and can completely imagine this being a scrumptious dish to enjoy...if I wee ever brave enough to attempt to make it properly :lol:

Yeah, its cool right? I got kinda lazy for a minute haha

Ah, im not quite sure if i want to get a fb or not. its pretty delicious smelling but will i want to smell like that to other people :lol:

I think im more intrigued by the recipe and the concept behind it, the scent piqued my interest and ill probably make this (For myself because im not going to share my food with no stranger guy >:o )

My skin usually amps the fudge out of rose--suuuper sharp usually (agent xxx kicked my ass so im suspicious that roses hate me) In this tho i dont pick up any, probably because rose water diluted the flower enough to be sheer..maybe

If i ever remember to get stuff to make it, i can let everyone know how delicious it might not be!

Ah, im not quite sure if i want to get a fb or not. its pretty delicious smelling but will i want to smell like that to other people :lol:

True! I have been in a room when someone asked - "What smells like curry? Man - it's making me hungry for lunch!" :lol: Maybe NOT what I was going for...but at least it was a positive response BWAHAHAAAA!

Edited to add: I was also impressed that he picked out the curry from all the notes :lol:

Edited by NuTrix

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Mmm, this smells like the rosewater and rice pudding from the Indian restaurant that always gives me a little dessert cup! The cardamom is so warm and mutes the coconut to the point where it reads more like vanilla on me. So smooth and unique.

My best friend's little sister said I smelled like the best vanilla ever when I got in her car. I was just trying to see if the scent triggered any kind of recognition from my friend who married an Indian man in a beautiful Hindu ceremony. This scent really reminds me of her :)