Call of the Moon

luna65

AD-CallMoon_.jpg

Call of the Moon

There is a chill in the air of a full moon night, even in Spring, but the call of nature cannot be denied. Spring means all things are blooming once more, and the moon is a beacon for those seeking their mates across the vast wild landscape...calling for their chosen to join the age-old fertility dance once more. One is cold, but two can be oh so warm in a loving embrace…come and play beneath the light of the moon, my beloved...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, psychic powers.
CACTUS ~ Protection, chastity, endurance.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CITRUS ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
PINK LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection.
NOTE: While the citrus in this blend is quite well diluted, please be aware that citrus on bare skin under direct sunlight can burn and even bleach the skin. Take care, if you plan to wear citrus perfumes outside during the day, make sure that the areas on which you've applied it are covered by clothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How could I not want to wear this one? :D

Unfortunately it goes rather perfumey on me in the drydown. It starts out so uplifting and bright, I primarily get the sense of the cactus and the pink lotus while the citrus musk underscores those elements. It makes me think of LP Silver without specifically recalling it, just a similar sense of crisp shine. But I think the floral elements are ending up becoming a little too potent on me in the final analysis.

This is so sexy; very appropriate for spring and summer but not a screeching floral in the least, rather a slightly fruity, musky floral with a cool undercurrent of vanilla. I think it's the pink lotus that adds that magical touch; there's just something downright enchanting about this and I'm definitely going to try using it as wolf bait. :666:

I really like this one. It is very silky and clean, with a hint of fruit. Something about it does invoke the coolness of night. I think this might be a full-bottle purchase at some point. :lol:

I am so glad this finally got reviewed ....It sounds just like what I wanted.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My skin did wildly different things with this, to what's described above in this thread. It apparently sucked up everything but the lemon, cuz that's all I got throughout. Just bright HELLO THERE SUNSHINE in-my-face lemon. This not be right for me :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

This is a yum :( It's like a whiff of a crisp night with a lover's arm around your waist. I love the clean citrus and the soft green of the cactus. Not sure what pink lotus smells like to be exact, but a tender floral trails along. The musk and vanilla adds a pocket of warmth and depth. Though it may be my own skin chemistry, the vanilla plays a delicate buttery quality on me.

• 5 months later...

I think I amp the citrus in this one too, it's very lemon-y. I love lemon, though, so I'm fine with that. It's light, clean, and crisp. The floral, musk and vanilla come out a bit more after drydown. I don't know that I'd get a bottle, but I'll definitely keep and use my sample :)

• 2 months later...

I'm surprised this hasn't received more reviews - I really like this one. It's quite citrusy, but in a soft way, and the florals come out to play just the right amount for me. This is a very fresh, clean scent, one for summer I would think.

A bright floral-citrus scent. It has to settle on the skin for a while before it brings out the bouquet of orchid and cactus flower, melting into a musky vanilla-citrus. It's light but long lasting at the same time. I use it sometimes for bed time, and next morning the musky vanilla and citrus notes are still there. I'm glad I got a full bottle.

• 2 months later...

I'm changing my mind about this a little after wearing it today. I think it can also be more of a cooler weather scent, because althought it has the citrus and florals in there, there is a warmth to it. I loved the first few hours where it was all nommable, slightly citrussy warm skin smell, and after that it dried down to a musky, almost amber-like scent. I didn't like this as much, but it was quite subtle and pleasant in its own way. Now less than six hours later all scent seems to be gone. My skin just seems to eat everything lately.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I received this as a sample from Molls and even though she was so kind as to send me a sample of something I had been considering, this is the one that ended up being my favorite. THANK YOU MOLLS!!!

I love Cougar because of the fresh sweet grapefruit scent and this one seems like it will be my "other" citrus go-to as well. It's very much a pink citrus although I waffle back and forth whether it strikes me as grapefruit or lemon. It has a bit of tang but its softened and sweetened. Luna's description of it turning a bit perfumey at dry down is what I get too but I like it. It's unique and organic. Mainstream citrus perfumes tend to go rancid on me, very fake and sharp. This is sweet and bright but with a soft sexy undertone. It might be strange to say but there's a bit of unisex feel to it... I think this would smell kind of sexy on a man if you could get him to wear it!

So, FB it is. Just thought I would bump this thread in case anyone is looking for a new (old) citrus scent to try. This one is truly very lovely. I'm looking forward to getting and wearing this for work. I think it's light and bright enough that it will work well. Once again, a new fave thanks to Mara's sniffies and a very kind forum member!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Weird because I get almost no citrus from this. The dry down is really perfumey. I'm amping the floral and cactus I guess... With a hint of musk. This scent IS enchanting- as someone mentioned above. This would be a great scent for a hot summer night.

I'm surprised this hasn't received more reviews - I really like this one. It's quite citrusy, but in a soft way, and the florals come out to play just the right amount for me. This is a very fresh, clean scent, one for summer I would think.

Syn, this is one I have considered purchasing since I got here, but everyone saying it was too citrusy kept me away, but I liked how you send it was a soft way that the citrus bloomed. I was still a bit scared to take a chance on this but when it came up in the $10 bin, I just decided I needed to take a gamble and order it and give it a try. I love summer florals and I'm looking forward to trying this.

• 2 weeks later...

I wore this to bed the other night because I felt dirty due to a gallon of blood coming out of my vagina. I felt uncouth and like a wretched, bloated pear that was not ripe, just soggy from sitting there on the kitchen table for display. I have to say, this perked me up. I felt clean and pure. I felt refreshed and shiny, it even helped me sleep really well. The citrus was not overwhelming at all, you know how you feel after you shower or bathe when it's been a bad day and you feel clean and new? That's exactly how this made me feel. I love finding new LPS to wear to bed that assist in my mental state. When I first tried this sample, I was a bit scared of the label, but now that I am into wolves and lunar things, to me it's comforting.

Syn, this is one I have considered purchasing since I got here, but everyone saying it was too citrusy kept me away, but I liked how you send it was a soft way that the citrus bloomed. I was still a bit scared to take a chance on this but when it came up in the $10 bin, I just decided I needed to take a gamble and order it and give it a try. I love summer florals and I'm looking forward to trying this.

DD, I have to say that I'm glad you gave this a chance. Call of the Moon is a really pretty citrus and she's right. The citrus does not have a bite at all. Hopefully, once you get it, you can come back and give your thoughts!! If you've tried Knot, although Call of the Moon is not the same fragrance but I get the same comforting feel from it. Which leads to my reply below...

I wore this to bed the other night because I felt dirty due to a gallon of blood coming out of my vagina. I felt uncouth and like a wretched, bloated pear that was not ripe, just soggy from sitting there on the kitchen table for display. I have to say, this perked me up. I felt clean and pure. I felt refreshed and shiny, it even helped me sleep really well. The citrus was not overwhelming at all, you know how you feel after you shower or bathe when it's been a bad day and you feel clean and new? That's exactly how this made me feel. I love finding new LPS to wear to bed that assist in my mental state. When I first tried this sample, I was a bit scared of the label, but now that I am into wolves and lunar things, to me it's comforting.

I'm afraid that wretched soggy dirty pears in a gallon of blood might be what will stick out in my head when I grab this bottle from now on... and yet, you are right!! LOL It does feel clean and new and it is comforting and soft so I'm not surprised it helped with sleep. I will remember this the next month when I feel like a soggy pear.

DD, I have to say that I'm glad you gave this a chance. Call of the Moon is a really pretty citrus and she's right. The citrus does not have a bite at all. Hopefully, once you get it, you can come back and give your thoughts!! If you've tried Knot, although Call of the Moon is not the same fragrance but I get the same comforting feel from it. Which leads to my reply below...

I'm afraid that wretched soggy dirty pears in a gallon of blood might be what will stick out in my head when I grab this bottle from now on... and yet, you are right!! LOL It does feel clean and new and it is comforting and soft so I'm not surprised it helped with sleep. I will remember this the next month when I feel like a soggy pear.

LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I got this in my box of goodies on Friday and with just a small amount of real estate left on my arm to swipe this baby I have to say that I love it. It's bright, sunny and just basically spring in a bottle. I'm going to give it a better test run and review after I have worn it by itself but for now I just want to say "Thanks". To one and all for its the revues that convinced me to purchase this bottle.

So those of you still on the fence, it's $10 and its so worth it. Go grab one now from the bargain bin.

Edited by dolphindolls2

• 1 year later...

In the vial, this is really nice. On me, it was nice enough, but once again it is still Shark Week, and my nose is "off." So I will definitely need to try it again another time! I will give it a better review then.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

(4 years later...my how time flies!)

Okay ...am I the only one who finds this kind of masculine? I definitely get lemon. I like lemon, though, so that's cool. If I just smelled like oranges, lemons, and limes all the time, that would be totally fine by me. I did just put it on, but so far it seems like it might stay pretty true to the scent straight out of the vial. It is not shark week, so that can't be throwing me off this time.

I feel like I want it to be a bit sweeter. Or creamier. Like I want to add A Lick of Cream to it or something. But that might be just my current mood. 

Couple of hours after application: now it's just kind of faint and perfumey. I can't smell it that well but I might just be used to it.

Later this same night: My neck is red, sore, and itchy. Only my neck, but I don't know what else it could be. Maybe I'm allergic to something in it? It's not too bad, at least...pretty mild.

Edited by Lainey