Purple Pitch

Invidiana

AD-PurplePitch.jpg?v=7516fd43adaa

Purple Pitch

The duskiest musks and resins crowned with deep purple florals and a wee drop of pear, dragged through spices gathered from the southern-most tip of the Underworld …get out your violaceous finery and paint the town Purple!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck & fortune, lust.
ORRIS ~ Attracts and helps inspire love. Protection, divination.
PEAR ~ Love, lust, passion, longevity and luck.
INDIAN BLACK AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
INDIAN BLACK MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CIVET ~ Musk derived from civet cats, now illegal except in synthetic form. Considered a strong aphrodisiac, has an intense, animal, 'sexual' aroma.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.
CUMIN ~ Good fortune, prosperity, lust, protection, fidelity, exorcism.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now this is everything I was hoping for and more. If you think violet is just another nancy floral, think again, because if no other violet blend in the world has ever convinced you this plant can be sexy THIS WILL. The violet gievs a purple feeling to the wonderful pitchdark almost caramelized resins, dark sexy musks and what I'm taking to be black patchouli and a pinch of cumin that gives it a wicked streak. I don't really get any pear because my skin amps resins, not that I mind either way. There isn't any orris overload either, so fear not. It's awesome, and if you love deep dark sexy ebil scents you NEED this one!

I have a question. Do you think this is one a guy could get away with wearing? I have Black Candy and that has violet in it (along with anice) and I get a lot of compliments on that one. A LOT of compliments. To the point I've thought of buying 2 more bottles on top of the two I already own. :lol:

Anyway, think a guy could wear this?

Edited by Snoopyace

LOL! Well, according to John John here...I just had him sniff it and he says, resoundingly, yes, and then promptly slathered himself with it. Loves it!

It smells reeeally PURPLE in the bottle, but quickly moves to a resiny smooth feel on the skin.

LOL! Well, according to John John here...I just had him sniff it and he says, resoundingly, yes, and then promptly slathered himself with it. Loves it!

It smells reeeally PURPLE in the bottle, but quickly moves to a resiny smooth feel on the skin.

I guess I'll be your guinea pig then. Thanks! :lol: It sounded like something I might like based on the description.

Yeah, it smells REEEEAAAAALLLLLLY purple in the bottle and when wet on my skin.....it smells like those little "violets" candies that my sister used to love......it mellows out to a smooth sweet violet on my skin......not as dark as some of the others that I love, but still very nice!

Is this one darker & more substantial then say "An Act Of Violets" or "Black Candy"? I love the Violets, but I'm looking for something not as "little girl sweet".

This is definitely darker than An Act of Violets, more along the lines of Black Candy, I suppose (although the anise is so prominent in that one), but this really reminds me of the base Dolly's beloved Dark Seductions, which I've tried in the variants but not the original. On me the spice, musks and resins are actually stronger than the florals but I can definitely sense them in the background.

Thanks Luna!

Black Candy is very ethereal on me. I like it, but it's a bit "floaty" on me. I'm looking for something a little more solid, which, I'm hoping the resins do. I want to layer it with Occo Purple.

I guess I'll have to get a sample....

I got my Purple Pitch and I have to say when I first smelled it in the bottle my reaction was, 'There is no way I'm putting that on me! Too GIRLY!' Then I reminded myself that any LP scent smells entirely differently in the bottle from on the skin (except maybe Creole Man).

So I bravely rolled some on. PURPLE. After about 10 minutes it dried down and I could smell the resins coming through. I actually really like this. I do think a guy could wear this (the right kind of more adventurous guy. The kind of guy who likes Black Candy or Evil In Carnation. A guy like me). It isn't nearly as dark or resinous as I was hoping for (I feel the same way about NOX 2009) but it does smell really nice.

I can say that it won't replace Black Candy for me but I really amp the Anise in that and women seem to dig it (not to mention that I really like the scent). I will definitely be wearing this one, however. :lol:

I may have to talk to Mara and ask if she can make something dark and resinous along the lines of Sorcerer in a PE but without the pheros. Or maybe a darker version of NOX. I love that one but it isn't as dark or resinous as I'd really hoped.

You might be surprised by a certain thing to come. ;)

*edit*

Did you try Fade To Black?

Edited by luna65

You might be surprised by a certain thing to come. ;)

*edit*

Did you try Fade To Black?

Now you have really piqued my curiosity!

I LOVE Fade To Black. :) That is on my short list of scents to get in a big bottle.

Ah well. Purple Pitch, I hardly knew ye. My Purple Pitch found a new home today. A certain lady friend caught a sniff of it and commandeered it. Guess I'll have to get myself another bottle! :)

LOL You and your give aways! Funny!

I am so disappointed! Within 10 minutes, this one turned to "Laundry Detergent" on me :abfx: I soooooo wanted the Ebil Goodness that others got. All I got was "Tide" :cry:

I don't understand! In the vial this smells quite similar to OCCO Purple to my nose... on my skin it does remind me a lot of it too...for like a minute or two before it fades. Virtually ALL the violet just disappears & I'm left with a strange mellow spice note...a very faint one :) Oooy...what happend eh?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I got to smell (formerly) my Purple Pitch on a woman friend and whoa... Just mmmmm... I may have to buy another bottle of this for myself again. It smells nice on me but whoa... Amazing what a difference body chemistry makes on a scent. Of course she said the same thing about Mark's Girl Nip. :(

• 3 months later...

OK, when I first put this on, I was like WHOA! But once it dried and settled down, on my skin this is a most fascinating fragrance. It seriously isn't just a strong scent, but also seems to have a very strong and complex "personality" all its own... a very cocky confident in itself personality. After about an hour, it smelled *very* exotic. I don't know if Black Violets have a scent, but that is sort of what this one brings to mind for me. Great lasting power too! As I said, just fascinating. It's as if the colors Purple and Black had a baby together :(

• 2 months later...
Very animal. Slutteh.

Now THAT is a review!

[My daughter has been attracted to "purple" scents and she asked if she could keep the Purple Pitch sample when I received it a long time ago. She applied this scent at bedtime a couple of nights and I saw her facial expression change the moment upon application. I asked her what was wrong and she said "Something's changed. I don't like it anymore."

I asked her what was wrong and she said "Something's changed. I don't like it anymore."

Awwww...!! I can imagine your daughter's expression! That's so sad! :)

[My daughter has been attracted to "purple" scents and she asked if she could keep the Purple Pitch sample when I received it a long time ago. She applied this scent at bedtime a couple of nights and I saw her facial expression change the moment upon application. I asked her what was wrong and she said "Something's changed. I don't like it anymore."

Uh yeah, I got a samp. & it turns to straight sex on my skin! The sweet entirely burned off after like 5 min. & turned straight skank. I'm sure this led to the final fall out with mah boss (j/k).

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't think I would like this from looking at the notes, but on me it is sweet and amber-y and the civet is nicely mixed with everything else. I kept sniffing my wrist throughout the day thinking "dang, I smell good".

Edited by perfumesniffer

This is the only perfume so far that constantly morphs in my skin. At first is very floral,then turns resinous, then somehow sweeter and then all I get is the patchouli. There are moments where I sniff myself and don't like it and others where I want my skin to be dipped in Purple Pitch. So complex smell!!

• 5 months later...

Yup, this one is a morpher, that's for sure!

I was quite excited about the strong violet note - violet is one of my favourite florals - but it was short lived... although I think I can still smell it on the periphery, but just in the sillage, not when I sniff my arm.

What I do smell when I sniff my arm, though, is an alluring and warm skin musk, made even more interesting by a hint of spice and deep resins. It's pretty different from what I'd have expected based on the description, but I like it a lot!

• 3 months later...

I'd only tried this once before (that I recall) & it was (as I noted above) VERY slutty. I say that without value judgment, as always. I also kept it because the initial clear-hard-candy violet is f** fantastic. Well, Today it started out hard candy purple and then almost immediately turned into just cumin+civet, which don't like me, and yet I CAN'T GET MY NOSE OUT OF THE CROOK OF MY ARM. I'm going to go slather some more.

I liked the smell of Purple Pitch on me and I did get compliments on it during the brief time I owned a bottle before a friend of mine 'borrowed' it. I REALLY like it on her whenever she wears it.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't used this in a long time because it's been in my trades. Lately I've been going through them and decided to pop this one open, straight from the vial I get deep purple fruit. I just had to dab it on. The last times I tested this it turned soapy on me, the notes must not have worked with my chemistry back then and it turned to generic white soap. Now this is amazing, I had to take it off of my trades, I've been wearing it for the last few days. PP has great staying power and to be honest doesn't morph very much on me, it stays deep and resinous with a hint of fruit (just checked the notes and must be the pear) for a good 8 hours, after that the purple fruit fades and I'm left with faint resins, very sexy. This is lovely and I'm so happy I gave this one another try.

Edited by Honeybee

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Now this is everything I was hoping for and more. If you think violet is just another nancy floral, think again, because if no other violet blend in the world has ever convinced you this plant can be sexy THIS WILL. The violet gievs a purple feeling to the wonderful pitchdark almost caramelized resins, dark sexy musks and what I'm taking to be black patchouli and a pinch of cumin that gives it a wicked streak. I don't really get any pear because my skin amps resins, not that I mind either way. There isn't any orris overload either, so fear not. It's awesome, and if you love deep dark sexy ebil scents you NEED this one!

Tanks much, Invi, for feeding the addiction...

Deep sticky violets? I'm all in.

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this one yet, one of my first LP's and a favorite. So much for being organized!

The combination of the violet with a touch of pear, the black musk and patch is amazing. Deep Sticky Violets is correct! The combo of musks and resins in this wears really well on me, and paired with the floral/fruit. No sign of the cumin, which is ok as spices on me can get too spicy. Also the patch in this isn't as strong, or perhaps is well-balanced with the amber/musk.

I am curious about the Orris...description I read was that it's sweet, woodsy, violet. So this must be the extra kick for the violet/earthyness that makes it darker than Act of Violets?