Pleasure Valley

Invidiana

This starts out very green...but wait! It instantly starts to change, and goes from purely green to a softer, very lush green with a slightly sweet woody and earthy base. The hint of sweetness must be from the vetiver and possibly some from the heather and grapefruit as well. This is not a sharp green at all, and anyone who's afraid of green scents--and I know because there is only a handful I like--ought to give it a shot. It's actually very calming and grounding and takes me away to a fantasy forest; it's also a bit nostalgic because it very much reminds me of standing at the edge of misty woods as a kid wondering where the fairies were hiding.

Edited by Invidiana

This is absolutely a unisex fragrance...it's too bad Quince doesn't like citrus because I would love this one on him.

Very clean and fresh, it starts out exactly as Mara described to us...breaking open the leaf from the grapefruit tree: the citrus and green stem notes blend together perfectly. It took me a while to learn to appreciate the more tart aspect of grapefruit but this is balanced by those other characteristics so it's not like you get nostril-burn or anything. After about ten minutes or so the grapefruit fades and the other notes emerge, the bamboo gives it an almost watery quality, like dewy earth and greenery (but not grassy). If you love outdoors fragrances this is one you should definitely try!

*edit*

Sorry Ail, I totally spaced on Liz' thread, you can spank me now (or later, you might want to merge the thread first) for being a numpty!

Edited by luna65

• 3 weeks later...

this, to me, is the perfect summer fragrance. it's citrusy, but not overwhelmingly so. it's light & fresh, with amazing staying power and quite nice throw. just ordered this in spray, and hope my sample is not all gone before it arrives. loveeeee it!! : )

• 1 month later...

This is my new favourite night time scent, I love nearly anything with heather in it and it certainly comes through and beautifully at that with a lovely citrus tang with the green herbal quality, such a perfect summer fragrance. It smells humid and outdoorsy without any heaviness to it.

• 1 month later...

This does smell very green to my nose & I love the citrus mixed in with it. I can see this being suitable for a boy as well, so I may let my 11 yr.old try it..if I can bare to part with it. Definitely have to go full bottle with this one.

• 4 months later...

Update:

I did give this to 12 yr.old & it is a fantastic clean scent on him. Makes him smell like freshly washed boy should. So to our LP gents, if you want a more 'innocent' scent this is perfect for guys.

GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion, beauty and youth glamour.

FRESH CUT GREEN STEMS ~ Sincerity, fascination, eternal youth, confidence, riches, creates perimeter of protection, luck.

BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.

HEATHER ~ Admiration and beauty; protection, especially over women and virtue. Peace, beginnings, elemental magic, wishes granted.

VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

TARRAGON EO ~ Relieves womanly discomforts, improves mental alertness and clarity, dispells negative influences.

EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

See, I don't really see anything that screams girl in these notes, the florals are a more neutral, green type. This could entirely be the masculine equivalent of 'Kittenish' intent wise.

• 3 weeks later...

This is such a clean and uplifting scent to me. Reminds me of Sweet Revenge. I'm sure men will be able to use this scent. I didn't it when I first received this sample vial but this is growing on me.

• 1 year later...

I really like the green grass and earth part of this perfume. I end up amping a lot of heather and vetiver which are not my thing. The initial wet phase is so good on my skin, but the blend turns way too floral on my skin in the end. I would recommend this to a person that likes fresh, green, and slightly floral blends.

• 4 weeks later...

I really like this scent, love the green fresh smell. I don't get any grapefruit, just green. It smells very refreshing, feels like taking a deep breath while out on a walk. Well, kind of like the picture on the label! Unfortunately, this disappears pretty quickly on me.

• 1 month later...

I thought I would like this one, but sadly it doesn't like me. It just started out very in your face GREEN, which I didn't like the smell of - guess I'm not into green scents? The green did dry down and become softer, but more florally. To me there is a kind of florally I like, and a kind that makes me think of getting allergies and gets up my nose. This was the second kind.

• 3 months later...