Majmua Sultana

Invidiana

Light? Molls, may I ask how much you are applying and where?

This one will stick to me until I shower it off.

me too! And with this I've found that I can only wear dots on my inner elbows and a dot on cleavage and belly-no rolling. Otherwise it's waaay too strong. This is also true w/ OCCO black But if I wear it sparingly enough-that's when I get the yummy, warm skin smell

Light? Molls, may I ask how much you are applying and where?

This one will stick to me until I shower it off.

Well, I only got a sniffie of it, but I applied it on my arm to test it... I always dab until it's about the size of a quarter (for testing)

You might try shaking it first to evenly distribute all the components. I'm not sure that would apply to a sample but it does sometimes make a difference in the bottles. I also find this strong and absolutely love it! I wore it around Christmas (as mentioned earlier), and since then I've worn it in almost every dance class (I teach bellydance, and I go for something more deep & dark like Christine's "Sin City" or LP Black for performances).

Do any of you think some people's noses just don't register (or very faintly pick up) some scent notes?

Thanks, Darbla... I do need to shake more often, lol. I don't know that it would have helped in this case, as there isn't much in the sniffie vial. But I wonder if you're right about the notes... hmm

Do any of you think some people's noses just don't register (or very faintly pick up) some scent notes?

DEFINITELY!

I am often surprised by what some people smell or can't smell in a blend. Some of us are super sensitive to certain things and some of us have huge blind spots in our smell-o-vision. And some need a lot of stimuli (large slather) to smell anything at all. We all know smoking blunts your nose-buds, but I have also learned that I cannot eat onions or garlic if I have to brew...definitely blunts my sniffer. Perfume will also smell different on the skin of those that eat a lot of garlic and onions, curry, saffron, even sea weed....it comes out of your pores and changes your skin's chemistry for a couple of days.

I didn't know that the scent of seaweed will ooze out of our pores .... I consume quite a fair bit as it's so nutritious and it's full of fibre. We have it in different ways, in sushi, as a snack, with our noodles, as an appetizer, as a face mask. I guess the smell is not as offensive as garlic (which I eat raw with fresh red cut peppers).

It doesn't necessarily smell like seaweed coming out of your pores, honey. I love seaweed too and do not find it offensive at all. But I bet that if you stopped eating it for a few weeks, you would find that your perfume might smell a little different on your skin. People's diets reflect how their skin smells.

I always remember an article I read about drinking a small can of pineapple juice every day for a sweet-tasting love flower!!

Never heard of it for women, but it's supposed to make men "taste" better if you get my drift.

Does eating pineapple count?

Edited by Raq On

I always remember an article I read about drinking a small can of pineapple juice every day for a sweet-tasting love flower!!

But the problem (with me) is that I love seafood ....... got to change my diet .. Lol!

• 3 months later...

I had to dig this thread up b/c Majmua is SUCH a great summer scent. During the winter months it doesn't get as much love as when the weather is warm. This scent smells like warm skin on me in the summer

MAJMUA ~ (a blend of woods, flowers and herbs) Peaceful, soothing, spiritual.

MYSORE SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

BOYSENBERRY ~ Healing, money attraction, protection. Dreams, wishes, luck, good fortune, deflection of negativity.

I have been wearing it this week and love it. It smells spicy but not sweet spicy. More of a warm, savory spice. Not like cooking but like-well, like hot sun on your skin. I don't get any berry or vanilla. Mine is more of the sandalwood and amber. Now I cannot do honey and amber and I suspect this is what amps so bad on me with Majmua Sultana if I wear it during the winter. But it must be the warmer weather that helps diffuse the more subtler spices in this for me. I get mostly sandalwood and a bit of amber still but not so much in the foreground. Love this.

ETA: my sister hates this on me. She can smell me a mile away and alway claims I'm wearing musk. LOL. She says it's so strong she can "taste" it. But she's one of those who is super sensitive to ANY perfume anywhere. She is always complaining about everyone's perfume and hair products.

• 2 years later...

I was thinking about getting a bottle of this boosted with cops. Before I do, does anyone know if this blend covers cops adequately? Also, have you had any issues with bleedthrough after drydown?

Thanks! :)

I have one that I boosted myself. I covers them fully, completely, with NO bleedthrough.

Due to the resurrection of this thread, I wore this to bed last night. The scent seems to have gotten more complex over time. I ADORE the majmua/vanilla combo. The honey and berry stay in the background for me. This was still going strong on me 7 hours later - well actually, now that I'm sniffing my wrist, I can still detect it 20 hours later. Think I'll break out one of my Phermas bottles (maybe Sexpionage or Bang!) and add a little of that. With something so long lasting and sexy, I don't think I can go wrong.

I have one that I boosted myself. I covers them fully, completely, with NO bleedthrough.

Awesome! :PolarChristmas: Thanks, Dolly. I really like this one a lot.

Due to the resurrection of this thread, I wore this to bed last night. The scent seems to have gotten more complex over time. I ADORE the majmua/vanilla combo. The honey and berry stay in the background for me. This was still going strong on me 7 hours later - well actually, now that I'm sniffing my wrist, I can still detect it 20 hours later. Think I'll break out one of my Phermas bottles (maybe Sexpionage or Bang!) and add a little of that. With something so long lasting and sexy, I don't think I can go wrong.

:yeahthat: It's very long-lasting and smooth.

This is at the top of my next order list. I'll add my review once I've got a FB in my hands; don't want to jinx myself ;)

• 4 months later...

I tried this one a few days ago. It seemed to turn kind of "smokey" on me, like it sort of reminded me of Crayons: Burnt Umber and Decadent Diva in that way.

It's nice enough, but not my favourite. I'm pleased I got to try it, though.

• 4 weeks later...

I gotta say to anyone waffling on buying this,that it has aged freakin BEAUTIFULLY! The notes have all melded into this perfect veil of golden delight. The star is the sandalwood. Indeed,the quality is remarkable. Its smooth,creamy and radiant,I love it..much more now than when I bought it a few years back. The honey and vanilla are there too,but lightly,just enough to sweeten the blend a tad, the berry adds jusssssssst a tiny little tinge of tang. There are resins and attars,of course, but really it all comes off as this warm sweet delicious sandalwood on me. So, if you like a creamy soft sandalwood that clings to your skin all day(Raq is right too,this is particularly gorgeous in the warmth of summer),check this one out. A sleeper favorite!

I gotta say to anyone waffling on buying this,that it has aged freakin BEAUTIFULLY! The notes have all melded into this perfect veil of golden delight. The star is the sandalwood. Indeed,the quality is remarkable. Its smooth,creamy and radiant,I love it..much more now than when I bought it a few years back. The honey and vanilla are there too,but lightly,just enough to sweeten the blend a tad, the berry adds jusssssssst a tiny little tinge of tang. There are resins and attars,of course, but really it all comes off as this warm sweet delicious sandalwood on me. So, if you like a creamy soft sandalwood that clings to your skin all day(Raq is right too,this is particularly gorgeous in the warmth of summer),check this one out. A sleeper favorite!

Ok, another one added to the list.

• 5 months later...

Okay, I admit it. I put off reviewing this one because I fell in love with it and there were so few bottles left, I wanted to secure my own stash first. :blushing: Soon thereafter I realized the only cure for my addiction to LPMP :moneyfairy13: was to go cold turkey and focus on enjoying what I'd already purchased.

Now that my perfume stock is getting low (interestingly enough--and completely unplanned--just in time for Pheromas. Hmmm :Mara_makin_Magick: ), I'm back to replenish my favorites and add a few new ones (thanks to some samples which aged beautifully!). Since Majmua Sultana is GGG now, I wanted to make sure I gave it its due while it's still available.

First of all, this baby is heady, and the sillage is incredible. I learned early on not to slather it; it is so rich it can be overwhelming if applied with a heavy hand. One time I overdid it so much that I couldn't wear it again for months! :blink: Now I just dab it on my wrists, the crook of my elbows, my neck and maybe my cleavage. This is the perfect amount for me and it still lasts 12 hours or more.

This is an intoxicating, full-bodied fragrance. On me it is sweet--almost too sweet--honey vanilla and warm, rich sandalwood. I have sampled quite a few sandalwoods, and this is among my all-time favorites. It's a sweet, creamy sandalwood as opposed to the dry, exotic sandalwood of Soul Food, which I also love love LOVE (the sold out version--I haven't sampled the new brew yet) or the woody, masculine quality of sugared sandalwood (which sadly doesn't really register as "sandalwood" on my skin). There's just enough boysenberry to add a little sparkle to the thick, heavy base.

After about an hour the sweetness mellows out, but beyond that I find the scent stays pretty true from beginning to end. Even hours later the boysenberry peeks in and out. This is a fragrance for resins lovers--if you're iffy about resins, this is probably not for you. It is exotic, enveloping and gorgeous. For me it's too heavy for daily use, but whenever I want to feel like a goddess, this is what I reach for, every time.

Edited by Patchjulie

• 4 weeks later...

This blend shares a common thread with 'LP: Incandescance'.

There's a buttery vanilla and a berry in both.

Maj. Sultana is more oriental with a floral icense., more intense, less ''sparkly'' gourmand.

I like them both, although I feel Maj. may be a bit more of an acquired taste.