G'day from Australia

tezza23

G'Day I'm Terry, or as most Aussies would say it, Tezza. I came to LPMP through an interest in pheromones, which got me more interested in smell. Or the way that I smell, in regards to grooming. I want to improve my personal presentation and of course scent is part of one's presentation. I'm coming here for the perfumes rather than the pheromones, so it's a bit backwards to the way that women seem to approach it! I have read all kinds of good things about your perfumes here (Snoopyace's reviews in particular) and look forward to trying them. The only problem is, there are so many that sound great and I can't buy them all!!

On another topic: the illustration for your "Dad" potion symbolises my experience of being a dad perfectly. I used to get my little girl to sleep just like the bloke in the photo when she was two or three years old.

"'Ozzie ozzie ozzie, oi, oi, oi!!" Welcome aboard, Tezza! Sorry 'bout the Cup game yesterday... :)

So, what kind of scents do you enjoy in general? What have you been looking over here?

So, what kind of scents do you enjoy in general? What have you been looking over here?

In the past I've been going with the Cool Water for Men type scents. Clean, fresh, masculine and predictable. One of the things I'd like to do is try things that it would normally not occur to me to wear. Florals, tobacco type scents... since women seem to know what smells good better than men do, I've been reading the women's reviews of the men's products.

I have recently gotten Michael Storer's Winter Star and Monk. Monk's my favourite of the two, it has a very mysterious sort of vibe to it... somehow it has the smell of burning incense in it, that smokey smell. I'd like to try some that have an aura of mystery and power to them. The Arthurian-Legend-type scents intrigue me, Pendragon, Merlin, Excalibur etc. Also Evil In Carnation.

Welcome to our forum,Tezza.I cannot help with your scent choices,but you might consider getting the mens sampler pack for starters.

Your attitude of trying things that would not normally occur to you is a good one :) I would add,from my own experience,to try something at least a few times before final judgement.

Welcome Tezza! :) I'm a sucker for smelling Cool Water type scents on men too, or just sniffing the stuff out of the bottle and dreaming it was on a sexy dude lol. Of course I can't help but recommend Bodice Ripper to every man I come across on here because it's just *so* mysteriously hot!

hi Tezza23 ! :)

we have another Terry from Austrailia too !

Welcome! I hope you have an all out blast learning and playing with scent ! I know I have been!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome...

Tempted by the sale, I have full-size bottles of Thane and Down & Dirty for Men on the way. There seem to be only six bottles of D&D4M left in the store, so if anyone wants them, get them sooner rather than later...

A list of the ones I'll have to get samples of (for my own reference): UN, Boddice Ripper, Mark's Tonka Tobacum, Mark's Pepperwood, Delicious Wood, Evil In Carnation.

HI Tezza - what a cool nickname! There's plenty here in good smellies, I am a "perfumista" and Love Potions is my latest addiction. I have the same problem, I want to buy so many more than I can afford. I love men's scents on me, too!

Sara

Edited by perfumesniffer

HI Tezza - what a cool nickname! There's plenty here in good smellies, I am a "perfumista" and Love Potions is my latest addiction. I have the same problem, I want to buy so many more than I can afford. I love men's scents on me, too!

Sara

Thanks Sara. "Tezza" is a bit of an Australianism. R's become Z's and an A is added on the end. So Barry becomes Bazza, Sharon becomes Shazza.

"Tezza" is a bit of an Australianism. R's become Z's and an A is added on the end. So Barry becomes Bazza, Sharon becomes Shazza.

Now see, I thought it was a Pom-ism, that urge towards diminutives. ;)

Edited by luna65

Sara

Perfumista...love it ;)

Welcome to our forum Tezza!!!!

Edited by FAWN

Thanks Sara. "Tezza" is a bit of an Australianism. R's become Z's and an A is added on the end. So Barry becomes Bazza, Sharon becomes Shazza.

And Liz (my actual name) would still be Lizzzzzzzzzzz.....sigh. I always get the short end of the stick. :abfx:

And Liz (my actual name) would still be Lizzzzzzzzzzz.....sigh. I always get the short end of the stick. :)

Or, we could call you LIXX.

I like that one.

I often type LIX by accident anyway when I am typing your name and have to correct meself.

:lol:

Just got my first order. Thane and Down & Dirty For Men. I have posted my impressions of Thane and D&D4M in the relevant threads. Liking them both so far.

Received free samples of Kovvy's Limeindacoconut, May's Dessert Dream, and Invidiana's Coconut Donut. These other three seem to be three different takes on coconut scent, as far as I can tell. I eat coconut in chocolate, and cook with the oil for health reasons, however I don't think I'd wear it myself. I'll give them a sniff and review them and perhaps give them to someone deserving if I can find a good home for them.

D'oh! :lol: Sorry, it looks like you a got a girl's sampy pack rather than a boy's sampy pack. I promise to do better next time! Oops. (I shall have to whip the house elves. :lol: )

And fyi - these oils can be used in an oil warmer or in the bath tub if you enjoy the scent but don't want to wear them in public. :wink2:

Well, the three girl's samples went to my six-year-old daughter who thought they smelled nice. She's not a girly-girl, so she wasn't hugely impressed but still liked them. :) Next order I'll get a girl's sample or two for my niece, who is the girliest girl I've ever met. Loves to dress like a fairy and all that. Direct quote: "Don't my toenails look pretty!" I think any foody, sweet-smelling perfume will be a very popular gift :)