Holle

scourger

A Tribute to Mother Christmas ~ Sugared fig with sweet musk, benzoin, labdanum, and more.

Magickal Properties include love, passion, wisdom, fertility, prosperity, luck, protection, divination, astral projection, purification.

This one starts off with a hint of cake, with the figs keeping it moist. As it blooms and dries on the skin, it becomes this fascinating blend. I'm afraid I don't know most of the notes that are in this one, and therefore can't pick them out.

It's like a house scent. Not a scent you would spray or otherwise scent your house with, but that scent which is unique to each house, and is a combination of all the people who live there, the meals that are cooked there, and that something else, which defines the character of the house apart from its family. That scent which seeps into your clothes and hair, and lingers with you long after you are done visiting. In the house of Holle, yellow cake is cooked, herbs are crushed, and animals are cared for. It's a very cosy house, where you will always be offered tea, and where any beast on four legs or two can go when they have broken bones and wounds to be healed.

After several hours, this becomes a soft, sweet muskiness, which stays close to the skin and is impossibly lovely.

This one is reminiscent of Portunis, but softer, sweeter, and more feminine.

As for magickal properties: Despite having a killer headache, I felt safe, and reasonably happy while wearing it. (Don't seem like they could go together, but they did.) I had lovely conversations with both mothers (birth and in-law) and felt the warm touch of Holle causing those conversations and making them flow in useful directions.

I will not be testing the fertility aspect of the potion any time soon. ;-)

This one starts off with a hint of cake, with the figs keeping it moist. As it blooms and dries on the skin, it becomes this fascinating blend. I'm afraid I don't know most of the notes that are in this one, and therefore can't pick them out.

It's like a house scent. Not a scent you would spray or otherwise scent your house with, but that scent which is unique to each house, and is a combination of all the people who live there, the meals that are cooked there, and that something else, which defines the character of the house apart from its family. That scent which seeps into your clothes and hair, and lingers with you long after you are done visiting. In the house of Holle, yellow cake is cooked, herbs are crushed, and animals are cared for. It's a very cosy house, where you will always be offered tea, and where any beast on four legs or two can go when they have broken bones and wounds to be healed.

After several hours, this becomes a soft, sweet muskiness, which stays close to the skin and is impossibly lovely.

As for magickal properties: Despite having a killer headache, I felt safe, and reasonably happy while wearing it. (Don't seem like they could go together, but they did.) I had lovely conversations with both mothers (birth and in-law) and felt the warm touch of Holle causing those conversations and making them flow in useful directions.

Thanks for the review on this one, scourger! I kept adding this to my "to try" list, and then I'd cross it off, then I'd add it again, etc etc......kept going back and forth. However, based on your review, it sounds like one that I definiely want to keep on the list!

I won't be testing the fertility aspect either.... :blink: ......I have had my tubes tied and my love has had a vasectomy......at this point, the playground is open for recreation only!!

Edited by Dolly

When I started using this I was able to remember my dreams again, where before I was having trouble remembering them. Has anyone else had this happen? I think it's cool if it's the perfume doing it.

Also, I love the smell. It does have a bit of a spicy bakery scent to me.

Wow, what a fantastic review. I kept thinking "Did I do that?!?!"

What wonderful visions I had while reading that-Thank you!

• 4 months later...

Holle

In vial: delicious honeyed fig, the fig scent of my dreams!

On skin: syrupy fig, delicious, sticky, sweet, golden-brown and gorgeous. The musk adds a smooth, almost smoky, slightly powdery scent to it. the resinous notes enhance the sticky and golden sweetness here. There’s something almost spicy, and there’s definitely something festive to this scent, can’t say what but it’s not the traditional festive scent with cinnamon, pomanders, pine trees etc, just something evocative of comforting warmth in the depth of winter. The scent initially smells of figs but seems to move into smelling like sugar plums (that’s probably why this smells festive to me) and also apricot jam, all manner of sweet fruit preserves in here, boosted by the sweet benzoin and the smooth skin-scent of musk, and something almost honeyed, probably the labdanum. The scent then settles into a brown mushy fig (which I love, like dried fig pulp covered in syrup or honey) with a sweet light musk at the back. Really nice and comforting, a cosy, earthy, rich scent. at the end, I smell a rich vanilla underneath, which complements the fruit and resins nicely, and smells really cosy and indulgent. And then it turns into amber! that’s probably the benzoin…it smells like a rich sweet amber in here. I really love this unique take on a festive theme, and it’s the kind of fig scent I love-not green sharp figs, but sweet mushy brown ones. Yum. Definitely keeping my sample, may get a bottle.

This was a surprise sample (ahhhhh, THANKS! I love those!) and I adore it. I knew from the moment I sniffed the vial, this one was a keeper. I can't tell a single note, but my overall impression is one of warmth and coziness - I don't think "fruity" as much as "grainy." Could be because I have horses, but it smells of the wonderful smell of warm sweet feed, or the mash as it cooks in wintertime. Sweet creamy starchiness.

Much like Hathor, another of my cozy favorites, I wear Holle when I am looking for a cozy blanket of comfort.

I am pretty sure Holle is my fave LP scent, at least for winter! It stays on me, and the scent stays true. It is sweet, and comforting and yummy, and I got it with Super Sexy add in, so it's extra special! If you haven't tried this it is delish! I get complements on it EVERY time! It is smooth and sweet and has some complex notes that are surprising. If you've been curious but haven't tried it, it's definitely a must!

• 4 months later...

This one never called my attention, till I found out about the 'figgy' goodness. Full sz btl time.

ps: just ordered it !!

Edited by liz

• 3 months later...

oh try it again, on me sometimes the 'fig' seems to be more pronounced than other times , I think it's a body chemistry thing

This is such a nice scent that smells similar to coca-cola on me. Not completely but I think the fig and musk mix in a way that it's giving me some aroma that's similar to soda. And yet, I kind of like it. I don't dislike it. I'm just reminded of soda when I smell it, which is kind of funny. Maybe if I blend it will vanilla or layer it with another scent the soda part will go and leave the pretty Holle part behind with a layer of whatever I choose.

• 1 month later...

This is quickly becoming one of my favourites.... It's cozy, comforting and really romantic I think. I love the subtle fruity scent of figs with the creamy benzoin and labdanum :rolleyes:

It's lovely to layer with UNE of PheroGirl too....it makes it just a li'll bit naughty but still staying in the feminine/romantic scents

So yeah....it's a softer touch than what I usually go for, but I do really like it! I have a feeling this would be a hit with my TG too...

• 5 weeks later...

To review it, I had to revisit my first serious LPMP love affair. This is great stuff, and I didn't know I could loooove fig till I smelled this on me. It has a sweet, old-timey vanilla backdrop, like the smell of Norman Rockwell's grandma's kitchen. I'll be securing more of this for sure.

• 11 months later...

Mmmmm...this has oodles of sweet sticky candied fig, made even more sticky and indulgent by the resins. I love benzoin and it certainly doesn't disappoint here! The musk adds a warmth that wraps it all together. I could lose myself in this!

Edited by Invidiana