Carolyn's Man Nip

tyvey

@ttbabe I received a sample of catlins catnip, and was really suprised by the scent, and wondering ''when is the best time to wear this fragrance''. and i decided to wear it only when I'M ALONE!....The scent is so strong, it makes me feel insecure.....but its a perfume.

Damn this is the good stuff, fo realz!!! Sniffing from the vial I wasn't excited, but omgoodness it is sooooooooo good!!! I can only smell the raspberry and lavender if I really really try because it all blends so beautifully together. I get the perfect amount of pumkin and spice and vanilla with the background of yum just chillin'. I LOVE it!

I love this! I don't even know exactly what I'm smelling, but it's sooo nice, everything melds together beautifully! Is anyone else getting gingerbread from this? Sooo delicious... I think my sample will get used up in no time!

What a great idea to combine these scents... I will have to see how the guys around me react to this too...

Edited by Synergist

Initially, it was pumpkin with a nice floral backdrop which became somewhat gingerbread-y for me as well. Unfortunately, it deflated on me into something rather flat and nondescript. Kind of boring, really. There's much better out there for me.

• 2 months later...

Do Favorite PE's get rebrewed?

Cause this is gorgeous. Don't know if it's man nip *yet* but it's certainly Merienda Nip. In the bottle I smell pumpkin with wafts of vanilla. It didnt turn out like that exactly on my skin. The vanilla isn't incredibly detectable (maybe). Ive never tried pumpkin scents so maybe thats what adds the sweetness to the pumpkin?

Cause I get sweet and spicy creamy pumpkin with this with lavender hiding in the midst. I never thought I could like lavender but purple puff changed my mind...and so does Carolyn's Man Nip!

Later on the lavender and vanilla push to the front and I get an almost sharp lavender thats softened by the vanilla.

I looooove this! *gush*gush*gush*

Please tell me "Favorite PE's" get rebrewed?

:beggingpleasesmiley:

This was part of a monthly collection a couple of years ago, not precisely a PE. Not planning on rebrewing it, but there's still 22 bottles in stock so you have little need to worry... yet!

Even better, they're on SALE! That's how I snapped one up! :D

Mara, I'm curious now, what was the theme of CMN's monthly collection?

I wasnt around for the favorite PE''s month but would't another round be awesome?..hint..hehe ;)

I had samples of c's mannip and made a spray of it..It is really lovely combo! the bf seemed to like it alot too! I wore it swimming one day and the humidity carried the scent he couldnt keep his nose away from my neck.

So - it was a Private Edition then? At least initially?

It was requested as such, but the only time it was actually brewed was for the Favorite PEs month. Same thing with halo's Angelique and (I think) Mark's Girl Nip.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I got a sniffle of this sometime back and kept forgetting to write a review on it. The Lavender is this is a bit sharper then my beloved Fuzzy Wuzzy but the vanilla in this does tame it down just a bit, and I would never have guessed that Raspberry was a note as everything just blended so well together. The pumpkin came out after about an hour. I was thinking of trying this for bedtime sleep but the pumpkin in this kind of squished that idea. I did also smell a bit of pie crust in this blend, not sure where that is coming from, but I like it. I really like this blend and I have put it on my FB list.

The pumpkin came out after about an hour. I was thinking of trying this for bedtime sleep but the pumpkin in this kind of squished that idea.....

Oh,DD... If only you had one letter difference in your post, we could have had a really cute pun... On the other hand: pumpkin, being the gourd-like squash that it is, does indeed have a tendency to get squishy...

Edited by Chaionlife

Oh,DD... If only you had one letter difference in your post, we could have had a really cute pun... On the other hand: pumpkin, being the gourd-like squash that it is, does indeed have a tendency to get squishy...

Chai, you so made me laugh...how funny, this dang iphone corrects spelling in ways I really don't want it to...

I love this! I had purchased this one a year ago, thought it smelled nice in the bottle but got distracted by other LPs. I returned to this one this spring and have almost worked my way through a bottle in a few months.

I get PUMPKIN on this one!!! With a tinge of creamy lavender.

It is a phenomenal sleepy time scent! Very yummy.

I have also found it is true to its name when lightly rolled before bed over my and SO's pillows. :)

• 2 months later...

BUMP!

This one is so easy to over look. I waffled on a second bottle from the sale and I honest to goodness do not know why...but I did order a back up and now I am ecstatic that I did!

I had boosted a phero blend with this and wore it the other day and this scent is so warm and soft and inviting. It's foodie and lovely all at once. The cinnamon doesn't amp on me and the sweetness of the vanilla, honey, pumpkin, buttercream and sugar are so delicious with that bed of perfumed lavender underneath... it's a very comforting scent to me (most things with lavender are) and I find it goes great with blends like Cuddle Bunny & Sexology...my man wants to just nuzzle on up to me with these combos. So maybe it really is man nip? :D

It isn't a strong or overpowering fragrance either. It's like a pillow of goodness against your skin that wafts up every now and again to make you turn and go, "Wow! What smells so gooood? - Oh! It's ME!" :love::lol2:

So maybe it really is man nip? :D

It's called that because it contains two of the fragrances notes most prone to attract men: lavender and pumpkin pie.

I totally get the pumpkin pie being all man nommy, lol.

I was surprised at lavender because my hubby ALWAYs crinkled his nose whenever I would put lavender EO on my lamp before bed (I believe his exact words were usually - "what stinks in here" <_< ) but he LOVES this. Even more of a surprise - he likes Veloure Levande - which to me is an absolutely dreamy fantastic lavender that I've used some of to make into a spritzer for before bed. He loves it on me. Go figure! :huh:

I still think it's LP specific...there's something in the oils here.... :heart106:

Well okay, but there's a big difference between regular lavender EO (which is camphorous) and sweetened lavender fragrance (which is what men like).

Wait. After stating the obvious...it seems so clear, lol. Yes! Makes perfect sense!

I like either, but the EO is more astringent (? not sure if that's the word I'm searching for - sharp?) but I never found it unpleasant :( BUT! I'm completely fine with "sweetened lavender" too...actually, I may never go back to the EO myself now.... :heart:

I had on Man Nip again yesterday and last night hubs was snuggling me and told be I smelled like really yummy cookies :girlHeart-5: I just LOVE responses like that from him.

I never used to be able to get away with perfumes, (because of my adverse reactions AND/OR his - you know, the notorious chemical induced headaches?). I will ALWAYS love these foodie type scents the best, I believe, but LP has me in florals and scents that defy my ability to describe because of their uniqueness. I have found I LURV marshmallow scents....who knew a woman could wear marshmallow - well, and it would be seductive?!? :D I could go through the DOZENS of things that amaze me but I won't hog up the thread with all of that, lol. I've always been girlie and flirty and feminine, but I've got this whole other wonderful area to be UBER sexy, sultry in now that perfume can be a permanent and ENJOYABLE part of my daily life. I had no idea what I was missing! I am a devoted life-er to LP now. Hands down.

And sometimes...I will smell like "really yummy cookies" and that will be, oddly, amazing :heart708:

Edited by NuTrix

Aww. NuTrix thats so great :)

I wish it had done that for me. Does anyone know the type of pumpkin note in this? It does not work on me and I've been working on identifying various Pumpkins to try to pin down the Pumpkin that does work .

Well okay, but there's a big difference between regular lavender EO (which is camphorous) and sweetened lavender fragrance (which is what men like).

Luna can you give specific fragrance examples as to which Lav is which?

Is the sweetened Lav the one in Fuzzy Wuzzy?

ALSO, if you can I put up a thread in the PE ideas. The Time Has Come, I'd love your input

Damn, sorry for the double post.

Edited by StacyK

Aww. NuTrix thats so great :)

I wish it had done that for me. Does anyone know the type of pumpkin note in this? It does not work on me and I've been working on identifying various Pumpkins to try to pin down the Pumpkin that does work .

I know sometimes the pumpkin notes are more like pumpkin spice, which indeed makes me think of pumpkin pie, but usually I amp the cinnamon in the spice mixes at some point in the day. I don't really have that happen with Man Nip even though cinnamon is listed as a note. It's this soft, creamy, hint of pie, sweet, gooey yum.:D

Yes, I amp the spices like crazy in Pumpkin Musk of all things? I just get lot of whirly musk and spices, practically no pumpkin scent. Then with Man Nip it was all a sharp pumpkin note on me. no spice or Lav. It was sort of a sharp fermented, squash'ish pumpkin note that did not work for me. I love the pumpkin in Unreasonable Pump. I'd just like to find that soft, maybe lightly spiced pumpkin. No sharpness but not pink. Lol maybe I'm asking for too much. :)

Edited by StacyK

Luna can you give specific fragrance examples as to which Lav is which?

Is the sweetened Lav the one in Fuzzy Wuzzy?

ALSO, if you can I put up a thread in the PE ideas. The Time Has Come, I'd love your input

Not, like, specifically no. Usually you can tell by the other ingredients whether a lavender blend will be sweetened or camphorous.

I posted in your thread although it was to suggest a couple fragrances you might like in light of your idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh this is good. I get pumpkin right away- but it's not an overly "holiday spice" pumpkin. The lavender keeps it from being too foody. This smells very seductive and smooth. Nothing goes sharp on me. I can see how this would be man nip. Its not quite delicious, not quite soapy, not quite floral... all of these notes work perfectly together.

Edited by hearts

Then with Man Nip it was all a sharp pumpkin note on me. no spice or Lav. It was sort of a sharp fermented, squash'ish pumpkin note that did not work for me.

This is exactly the sort of experience I just had with Man Nip, but then again, I was really excited and did some swipes of it the second I received my latest package, so I'm hoping it's just travel shock.

Or I could be developing a pattern of really amping spices quite heavily. We'll see!

• 4 months later...

I confess, I tracked this down because I was completely won by the description -- Luna, you could sell me anything! I had no idea HOW these things could work together, but I took a leap of faith. And this is currently one of my very favorites -- very hard to describe how the lavender and the foodie goodness work together, but they do. I get a big blast of sweetness right out of the bottle, then the pumpkin pie starts emerging and doing its thing, and THEN the lavender and the raspberry take it to a whole new level. Raspberry has not been the greatest for me, but here it's a delicate dollop of fruity sweetness. I just love this one, and it's become one of my staple bedtime scents -- it sits quietly on the bedside table between Lorien's Skelly Tart and Sweet Dreams and Comfort Potion.

very hard to describe how the lavender and the foodie goodness work together, but they do.

Hahaha! I agree! When you read the notes they all look great and YUMMY! Then when you have it out of the bottle and on it's not like anything I've ever smelled - all I know is, if it's man nip - and hubby DOES indeed like it (which IS saying something) - it's as much wearer nip in this case. I loved this one enough to get a back up. I tend to use it with the lovey-dovey stuff when I'm with hubby :girlHeart-5:

Hahaha! I agree! When you read the notes they all look great and YUMMY! Then when you have it out of the bottle and on it's not like anything I've ever smelled - all I know is, if it's man nip - and hubby DOES indeed like it (which IS saying something) - it's as much wearer nip in this case. I loved this one enough to get a back up. I tend to use it with the lovey-dovey stuff when I'm with hubby :girlHeart-5:

Interesting! I forgot to add in my review: as a single lady who is wearing this to bed, I cannot yet attest as to whether it lives up to its name, but you tempt me to try it out for daytime use!