Halo's Angelique

There's no almond in it, so I find that surprising...maybe the cocoa butter is making your brain think almond.

It's really hard for me to articulate why this is so yummy to me, it's just...delicious, like my eyes roll back in my head kind of delicious. But very very sweet, it may strike some as too sweet at first, so let it dry down and judge it then. But it is thick and fluffy and smooth, it fits the mood of the concept perfectly. I've been wearing it to bed and sighing over myself.

:ange:

I can't wait to smell it. And honestly I wanted almond originally so I wouldn't be at all surprised if Mara snuck some in or added something that was evocative of almond. Hope mine will be here today!!! I am so glad you like it Luna!

Halo, why don't you have your package yet??? Oh, ok, I just checked and it says "out for delivery", so hopefully you will have it today.

Ummm, yes I did sneak a little bit of almond milk into this, as Halo originally envisioned. I thought it would meld nicely with the cocoa butter once I started brewing.

omgggggggg Wet, this is the faintly almondy , non-rosey cousin of Rosebud's Cupcake. A lot of creamy mellow marzipanyness. Eyes-rolling-back sweet. FOOD, FOOD, FOOD. Would be *tremendous* body butter.

ETA as it mellows it is giving me a KSM kind of vibe, quieter and less sweet.

Edited by tyvey

Ummm, yes I did sneak a little bit of almond milk into this, as Halo originally envisioned. I thought it would meld nicely with the cocoa butter once I started brewing.

Oh fine, you tell me this now! :ange:

Wow, this is like musky, creamy vanilla angel food cake with a drizzle of honey. I also get a very faint cocoa smell which I couldn't place until I looked at the note list and so cocoa butter, which must be where it's coming from. It's SO delicious!

• 3 weeks later...

I got a shock when I opened the vial. It smelled like some heavy duty scent. I closed the vial, returned it to its spot and thought about tossing it into my trade box.

It was probably the label which made me decide to try it. At drydown, it became a soft vanilla with a faint cocoa scent. Very pretty and sparkly IMO.

Will have to test KSM & LP Silver together one fine day.

Can't believe I forgot to review my baby. I LOVE it. Originally I had envisioned a bit more honey, but I also envisioned this as a layering scent so I like to add a wee little dab of Sugared Honeycomb to a bunch of Angelique. Better yet a big roll of LAM vanilla honey and then it's got phero-y goodness and a little more honey. The white chocolate is DIVINE in this. I love it. Did I mention I love it? It's got that little touch of almond and something almost smells like a bit of wood in it which I am sure is the almond. Love it. To those that are afraid of it, it's one of the few LPs that I like more the more I slather. So give it a GOOD big try. Thanks you Mara, I LOVE IT!!!

I am really enjoying this too!! ...I am glad the honey note is not stronger or it would not work on me...mmmm,mmmm,this just keeps getting better and better,oooo,I can smell the almond and the musk now :)

Can't believe I forgot to review my baby. I LOVE it. Originally I had envisioned a bit more honey, but I also envisioned this as a layering scent so I like to add a wee little dab of Sugared Honeycomb to a bunch of Angelique. Better yet a big roll of LAM vanilla honey and then it's got phero-y goodness and a little more honey. The white chocolate is DIVINE in this. I love it. Did I mention I love it? It's got that little touch of almond and something almost smells like a bit of wood in it which I am sure is the almond. Love it. To those that are afraid of it, it's one of the few LPs that I like more the more I slather. So give it a GOOD big try. Thanks you Mara, I LOVE IT!!!

aw damn,

I passed this up the other day when I ordered because of the chocolate...but i swear I kept going back to it and reading it and thinking "maybe I should order a sample"....now I am gonna have to order a sample or two for real. I loooooooves me some honey. Yes, ShellyB may indeed be the president of the club, but djac iz definitely an active subscribing well paying member of the HONEY HO club. lol

djac

djac

aw damn,

I passed this up the other day when I ordered because of the chocolate...but i swear I kept going back to it and reading it and thinking "maybe I should order a sample"....now I am gonna have to order a sample or two for real. I loooooooves me some honey. Yes, ShellyB may indeed be the president of the club, but djac iz definitely an active subscribing well paying member of the HONEY HO club. lol

djac

djac

Oh I am a card carrying member too, honey. Oh dear unintended pun. Everybody says they can smell the honey on me but I am heavy into honey so it's light to me. As for the white chocolate it's like a pow in the bottle and when first applied but it dies down pretty fast to me, just leaving a silky little trail as it goes.

Oddly,I get no chocolate at all...for me this ends in a powerful,sweet bright musk...I will say that this is THE longest lasting scent I have worn in a very long time,seriously ...through the night :10_small16:

Oh hey hey hey,a milestone post...I da shiznay!

:10_small16:

Edited by Calii

• 4 months later...

Just got around to trying this..and I am totally addicted. Going to get a bottle amped with either BAM or Sexology for the cozy snuggly.

Reminds me of the original EGG, though I know the notes aren't necessarily the same. A not quite chocolate, not quite marshmallow snuggly cuddly scent. After a while the base musk reveals itself very faintly through the soft pillowy scent...

Me likee vurry vurry

ITA about the Egg comparison, in that if you sample it blind, you would NEVER go 'O hai I has chocolate'. I have this boosted with EoW and you would never know it - not even in the bottle, not even from the first instant applied - I don't even dry down with it. Needless to say it's a favorite. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Revisited this scent a while ago. My daughter dropped the sample vial on my bed a long time ago and I'm left with a wee bit. It's still as soft, fluffy and chocolatey. This is a very cute and cuddling scent to me.

• 8 months later...

I am giving this scent another chance and it has grown on me! It smells yucky on me at first, but then it manages to smell like a pretty flower without smelling floral. Maybe it's like a vanilla flower? It's an addictive kind of scent. I thought I didn't like it, but something makes me keep sniffing it so I've decided I like it. It's kind of like a song you don't like, but gets stuck in your head so much that you eventually find yourself liking it.

• 1 month later...

Like others said I also got an initial almond blast...very unecpected and pretty!

This settles fast into Pure cocoa butter goodness....This one is so buttery its unbelievable!

Buttercream and cocoa butter? OMG....too good to be true...

The Vanilla base is perfect all the time, I got no honey, but can imagine how it might work if I add some...

It feels a bit chocolatey, because of the cocoa butter, but not too much...

I feel this potion is sheer and light, but it has a strong projection....ok, now I 'm getting the honey note, just lovely! Its subtle and I like this 'cause sometimes honey comes off very strong and dominant on my skin, which I enjoy but not everyone around me...

FBW!

• 7 months later...

I get a strong blast of almond also initially. I don't perceive it as foody. The Vanilla is prominent but it doesn't come off gourmand to me. It smells more clean. Not a CLEAN scent exactly, but if you were to freshen up a sweet perfume, this would be it. I find it very comforting...but cool at the same time if it makes any sense. I don't care for fresh/clean scents. My tastes lean towards gourmand/sweet smelling perfumes, but if I felt like wearing something coo/cleanl/refreshing but not too clean I'd slather this on to stay within my preferences.

The longevity is great, it wears close to the skin. If it were just a tad sweeter this would be perfect for me.

Edited by MeriendaTime

OMG really? This is creamy dreamy sweet fluffy clouds of white chocolate almonds and marshmallow pillows on me. I get this total marshmallow covered in white chocolate melted yumminess! I am so glad I scored 2 bottles in the sale, and I was going to go back for more but it is now GGG!

• 1 month later...

I wish I would have tried this before it become GGG because the tiny little sample I have is not nearly enough. This is such a soft, close to the skin scent that comes off as almost sheer clean foody, as opposed to the dense tooth aching sweetness I often prefer. I mainly smell the cocoa butter, but with enough subtle variations to keep it from verging into Palmer's lotion territory. This is a quiet and cozy scent that I wear just for myself.

Edited by mcreepers

I wish I would have tried this before it become GGG because the tiny little sample I have is not nearly enough. This is such a soft, close to the skin scent that comes off as almost sheer clean foody, as opposed to the dense tooth aching sweetness I often prefer. I mainly smell the cocoa butter, but with enough subtle variations to keep it from verging into Palmer's lotion territory. This is a quiet and cozy scent that I wear just for myself.

Mcreepers I feel the same way! I hear about this one so much. I know it would be love at first swooning sniff.

I'd buy more of this if you had it re-brewed. I love it.

Last night I paired it kind of haphazardly with Lady V's Cherry Rose, (honestly, I don't know what I was thinking), and OH. EM. GEE. They smelled so effing delicious together I could hardly get my nose off my arm! It was all marshmallow-y-cherry-vanilla musk So awesome! :D

Eggers -- you are SOOO on to something! You just inspired me to try Halo's Angelique over Mamelons de Cerise; my nose is experiencing multiple nose-gasms. Next I'm going to try HA with Sugared Roses and see if the sugar note adds to the deliciousness.

WOOT!