Rosebud's Vanilla Maplewood

Rosebud

OMG... I absolutely adore this one! :UkkiBannana: It's not exactly the scent I imagined before ordering...it's even better!

It's softer, snugglier & more feminine than Unisexy which is what I wanted as I seem to amp the sandalwood in Unisexy making it a rather strong scent on me. My Vanilla Maplewood is rich & creamy with (on me) lots of yummy maple, and a touch of sandalwood. The woody note is definitively noticeable but it stays in the background like I wanted, and lets the creamy maple get most of the attention :D

I've got my bottle amped with B2 and it's now my new bedtime scent :666:

• 4 weeks later...

This is sooooo Yummy,indeed just like you said "rich and creamy"... I can see where this would be perfect with B2 for anyone who missed out on Unisexy,but ya know this is very special by itself.I have had some on my arm for about an hour now,and am drawn to it...Mara did an awesome job on what you wanted !!! :lol:

I love Unisexy, so I had to order a bottle of this for sure! I'm sure I'll love it.

• 4 months later...

I'm afraid to review this as I want to hoard, but hoarding is bad {self-tsktsk}-- this is so delicious-- for me it evokes maple-laced big fluffy cloud-piles of home-whipped vanilla cream. Smooth and snuggly as can be.

I can't compare to unisexy as I never tried it, being afraid of the sandalwood, but I don't get sandalwood from this at all- it must just be "grounding" it invisibly for me. I got it boosted with teddy bb and put some on for bed, and that is as well as I have slept in a long time. Gorgeous job Rosebud and Mara!!

ETA in subsequent uses, I did pick up the sandalwood, but it is very 'blond' and 'sheer' feeling - doesn't have ANY incensey darkness or spiciness.

Edited by tyvey

• 1 year later...

I realized I'd never reviewed this when I was trying to decide what to wear today...it was something I thought I'd love, and in the bottle this is scrumptious but on me I think the vanilla goes kind of sour/waxy or something. But I do like how the wood note is softened by the vanilla. For me, a vanilla/sandalwood blend really needs to be more about the vanilla.

I realized I'd never reviewed this when I was trying to decide what to wear today...it was something I thought I'd love, and in the bottle this is scrumptious but on me I think the vanilla goes kind of sour/waxy or something. But I do like how the wood note is softened by the vanilla. For me, a vanilla/sandalwood blend really needs to be more about the vanilla.

If you don't love it then I'm always happy to trade for it :) It's one of my snuggle bedtime scents :)