Dirty Sexy

Dolly

Yes, I have to shake it too, or all I get is the dirt. (This happens with several scents, so I'm putting myself in the habit of shaking/rolling before application.)

Yeah, I do that with all of my LP scents now.....it does seem to make a difference with some.....

We don't use stabilizers, so sometimes you will need to roll them around a bit!

Since I started doing it, a few of the scents do smell a bit different.....I liked them before, but I looooooove them now!

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my full bottle of this and applied some, I thought it would smell like my sample, but right now I'm not sure how to describe this scent, not bad, but different. I let my sample age in my dresser drawer for a while, and it had a delicious slighty fruity/vanilla/musk smell, I'm gonna let this bottle sit for a while and come back to it.

I just got my full bottle of this and applied some, I thought it would smell like my sample, but right now I'm not sure how to describe this scent, not bad, but different. I let my sample age in my dresser drawer for a while, and it had a delicious slighty fruity/vanilla/musk smell, I'm gonna let this bottle sit for a while and come back to it.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but have you tried shaking or rolling the bottle before applying it? One some of the scents here that can make a big difference...

May

I know this is probably a stupid question, but have you tried shaking or rolling the bottle before applying it? One some of the scents here that can make a big difference...

May

I gave it a few shakes before I applied it, it's dried down more now and it smells like vanilla and amber, much better than earlier, I'm really liking this scent. My skin really amps up the vanilla in fragrances so it really doesn't smell anything like it does in the bottle anymore.

For me, even with giving it a couple rotations (rather than actually shaking), the fruit top notes are so strong at first, yikes! I'm thinking the musk is really amplifying the effect, as musk has a tendency to do. The drydown is very yummy, though and as I said in another thread it evolves into OMG TAKE ME NOW!. But it's funny, I wish Nasty Habits was louder and Dirty Sexy quieter...skin chemistry is such a capricious thing.

But it's funny, I wish Nasty Habits was louder and Dirty Sexy quieter...skin chemistry is such a capricious thing.

I like layering the two......VERY SEXY......

I like layering the two......VERY SEXY......

I FINALLY have a sample of Dirty Sexy coming... Please let it work on me, and please not let it morph and make me smell pure and virginal. I want something Dirty and Sexy in my fragrance wardrobe! ... :)

may

Edited by May

I FINALLY have a sample of Dirty Sexy coming... Please let it work on me, and please not let it morph and make me smell pure and virginal. I want something Dirty and Sexy in my fragrance wardrobe! ... :)

may

May, the pure and virginal thing on you with Nasty Habits may be that it is sweeter and just a TAD lighter than Dirty Sexy......I think you'll like Dirty Sexy......

May, the pure and virginal thing on you with Nasty Habits may be that it is sweeter and just a TAD lighter than Dirty Sexy......I think you'll like Dirty Sexy......

I'm keeping my fingers crossed... I think my problem with NH was I amped the sweeter notes and ate the lower.

I'm still praying though. :)

May

I'm keeping my fingers crossed... I think my problem with NH was I amped the sweeter notes and ate the lower.

I'm still praying though. :)

May

Dirty Sexy is definitely one of my faves......my fiancee started calling me his "dirty sexy girl"......he says the name fits me.....

I got my LP goodies today and OMG this scent is amazing! I love the fruit in it. To me it smells like cherry coke with a lil bit of, grrr :) ...mmm...As it dries down my skin morphes it a lil extra powdery for my liking, but I am still smelling my self and thinking mmmmmmm...I really want to try this with nasty habits now!

• 3 weeks later...

My sample of Dirty Sexy arrived.

I've tried it twice now.

Mara? Danna? I would like to wholeheartedly apologise for the really gruesome thing my skin chemistry does to your lovely perfume. I think the pin-up series just doesn't suit me overall...

Enough said. :D

May

My sample of Dirty Sexy arrived.

I've tried it twice now.

Mara? Danna? I would like to wholeheartedly apologise for the really gruesome thing my skin chemistry does to your lovely perfume. I think the pin-up series just doesn't suit me overall...

Enough said. :D

May

May...hon...that's a bummer...you have the most *trying* skin chemistry, eh? :rolleyes: Sadly, I can't really wear the pinup series either, (just fades to one note on my skin...not bad, but not multidimensional like most LP scents) but oddly Dark Seductions works for me...you've tried that?

May...hon...that's a bummer...you have the most *trying* skin chemistry, eh? :angry3: Sadly, I can't really wear the pinup series either, (just fades to one note on my skin...not bad, but not multidimensional like most LP scents) but oddly Dark Seductions works for me...you've tried that?

Yup, tried it... :rolleyes: so that also rules out Honeyed Seductions. I've also tried 976 girl and Nasty Habits. :001_tt2: All the ones everyone raves about as being amazingly sexy are just argggh on me. It's getting a bit depressing...

:D

I do seem to have tricky skin, although the horribly chemically enhanced and stabilised commercial brews do stay true on me. I guess this is one of the drawbacks of fresh non-chemically adulterated products.

May

Edited by May

...I think the pin-up series just doesn't suit me overall...

Enough said. :)

May

I know what you mean. The pin-up series doesn't work for my skin either.... so, I'm just glad that I get to experience them vicariously through Dolly!

I know what you mean. The pin-up series doesn't work for my skin either.... so, I'm just glad that I get to experience them vicariously through Dolly!

Oh, I do love them......so does my sweetie......just received my third bottle of Dirty Sexy......not that I have used a whole one yet, but it was getting ready to sell out.....YES, I'm guilty of hoarding.....

Oh, I do love them......so does my sweetie......just received my third bottle of Dirty Sexy......not that I have used a whole one yet, but it was getting ready to sell out.....YES, I'm guilty of hoarding.....

Oh, I am so guilty of hoarding.... I have backup bottles of my backup bottles of Cuddle Bunny, Cougar, Raven's Secret Weapon, and Dark Seductions. I just don't want to run out of them!

• 2 months later...

This is very lovely and sexxxy. I get a slight fruitiness at first with something whispering in the background. That gives way in a few minutes to a very sexy like musk and a warm scent. Kind of like Sugared Honeycomb but not really honey. The same sort of musky, warm smell.

This is great. Dirty and a bit teasing and playful. I was afraid the scent might be really resiney and heavy but its blended beautifully. Pachouli especially black pachouli amplify on my skin and give me a raging headache. This pachouli seems like an expensive one.

I need a big bottle.

I am an confused woman. The above review was for Nasty Habits.

Diry Sexy is indeed dark, resinous, slightly fruity and just hmmm dirty. Reminiscent of bpal Snake Oil which didnt work on me at all.

This does and I think it will age beautifully. I can't really pick apart the individual notes but its very slinky, dirty and seductive. It's naughty and I like it.

• 5 months later...

For me, Dirty Sexy is just delicious. Deep, spicy, incensy with a hint of fruit and lasting power I couldn't believe, I put it on over a layer of Phero Girl and I think it's the Bomb. I had this blend on yesterday and can still smell it on the computer desk from my wrists. lol so we know it's a good blend to leave behind a reminder of yourself .

I love DS-one of my faves.

Miiiiiiine tooooo........

It is in my top five all time faves. YUUUUUMMMYYY

Yeah, I have a total of three and a half bottles (it was 4 bottles, but I use it often)and a few samples, too......

Brunette, have you tried layering it with Nasty Habits? All I can say is WOW. Put it on, and it smells really good, but then do something to raise your body heat, and YOWZA!

I have not. That sounds fantastic. I like to layer mine with LP Black. mmmmm. I just want to rub all over myself with that combo!

Hmmmm, I'm going to have to try it with LP Black.....that does sound good! Try it with Nasty Habits....you'll be amazed at how they change and morph together.....it is also good layered with Sugared Honeycomb.....YUMMY!

• 3 weeks later...

This is amazing - i love it and want to get another bottle of it - it is fruity, musky, vanilla, bright and dark at the same time, i could not stop sniffing myself - i wanted to take myself to a corner and do things to myself - this is a great scent - can't wait to layer it with the ones mentioned here

This scent is awesome - fruity, musky, dark vanilla and so much more, i could not stop smellin myself - i wanted to take myself off to a dark corner<BR><BR>Definitely want to get another bottle of this<BR><BR>Can't wait to try all the combos mentioned here

• 2 months later...
Upon further testing of Dirty Sexy I am afraid it morphs into a terrible Pachouli monster on me. I must note however, it held out longer than any other Pachouli scent thus far...........

I'm with DeliberateAngel - the patchouli just completely *AMPS* on me - and I can't smell anything but the Patch. When I get back from surgery - this one is going on the trade block. Darn it.