Love Potion: Sunfire Summer Solstice 2010

luna65

I'm already approaching this review from an entirely prejudiced perspective because I love the LP base, even as some variants don't necessarily work on me for whatever reason. But the line is a stroke of genius which I don't imagine any of us would dispute. In some ways Sunfire comes the closest to the original for me (which was why my "fairy tale" version of how Mara came to create the fragrance in the first place is fitting) but as it evolves it is very much its' own character in the continuing saga.

YMMV, of course, but all of you desiring the famous Love Potion goodness, here it is! However, you will likely smell like a tropical cocktail at least part of the time...the sugar cane adds a really decadent aura to it for me; it's not obviously pina colada, more like something which just evokes the atmosphere. But the LP base, the original base, is present underneath the tropical elements, they blend together really nicely. Like, imagine if you're the personification of the LP base...this would be like taking a trip to the tropical isle of your choice. And I have to give it up for the green musk...I don't know if it's the same as I've enjoyed in other scents but I'm really enjoying the quality it brings to a scent: the feel of warmth with a fresh undertone, like standing in the sun with a cool breeze blowing across your skin.

In the drydown, for me, it fades to a sweet veil, it lingers close but not sticky as it may strike one in the beginning. This is actually rather dangerous for me because my mind immediately goes on vacation to some torrid sun-drenched fantasy and the next thing I know it's an hour later and whatever it was I was supposed to have been working on is still not done...see, a love potion can affect you just as much as whomever you're targeting. Oh the humidity! :)

In receiving & smelling the full bottle I purchased unsniffed today. I'm so happy with this bottle it smells like the LP base with a mingling of suntan lotion & the beach. The mica is very pretty in this also, I do hope it it leaves a trace on the skin when I slather in it, lol. As a note, I think I will always order the LP variants unsniffed, because they always work well on my skin.

And I echo what Luna said.....I am also a lover of the LP base, and this is it in all its glory.....buttery and smooth as always, but with a hint of a tropical feeling in the background.....this is not screaming tropical fruits, but just the slightest hints of pineapple and coconut....I am liking this one very much!

Edited by Dolly

Tried Sunfire on first today from my freshly arrived order (in the car)...

To me, this is just the most sexy summer scent in the LP collection...I Luz it & am getting a full bottle asap!!!!

:) Mara & crew...

May have to get a sample of this one. Is there a lot of coconut in it. Most of the time, coconut & I don't get along.....

I don't get a lot of coconut or pineapple.....just a touch of both.....kind of wafts in and out on me.....

I don't get a lot of coconut or pineapple.....just a touch of both.....kind of wafts in and out on me.....

Exactly the same for me with the coconut- I get no pineapple at all. A particularly congruent name-to-scent -- it reminds me of that wonderful, deep, sunsoaked warmth that your skin has when it's 5pm and you're reluctantly coming in off the beach after having been out there all day. The late drydown was my favorite part -- when the classic LP "heart" comes out more and is so harmoniously mingling with the coconut.

Edited by tyvey

Tyvey described it perfectly, and I'm seconding her on my favorite part being the late drydown with the rich creamy coconut intermingling with that thick, indulgent LP base and just a hint of tropical fruits in the background. I do get some pineapple in the beginning, not an awful lot. It's such a warm, sensual scent that really evokes the blazing colors of the sunset on the label.

• 4 weeks later...

This smells so good! It smells like suntan lotion, but then that fades and it smells creamy and citrusy also. It's a nice, soft scent. I'm not sure if I want a full bottle because it smells really subtle after drydown. I'm not sure if I will be able to enjoy the scent. I'll have to try wearing this some more!

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This stuff is crazy y'all. I put some in my hair (mixed with argan oil) on Friday am. Not even that much- maybe not even half a sniffie's worth. Two full days, - two workouts and two shampoos - later (I use a scentless shampoo), my hair was STILL emitting a halo of warm coconutty Sunfirey loveliness, with a faint Fairy Lure-ish aspect. (??) AMAZING!!

• 2 weeks later...

The citrus is putting me off....The coconut is making me want to try some. ARG! what to do?

it reminds me of that wonderful, deep, sunsoaked warmth that your skin has when it's 5pm and you're reluctantly coming in off the beach after having been out there all day

That description right there makes it so tempting

• 7 months later...

The coconut was very prominent at the beginning. The LP base kept coming back and forth and the citrusy scent, I suppose that's the pineapple that I'm getting. This is very different from the scents which I have been using. It definitely reminds me of a classy tropical vacation.

• 3 weeks later...

I revisited this yesterday because of a sniffie that jumped out at me. I am having a new appreciation for all LP variants lately which I didn't have when I first came to LP. I didn't really "get it" right off the bat for some reason. But now they are all becoming my favorites.

I meant to wear some sort of phero yesterday because I knew I had new clients coming in. I usually wear Rainbow Falls or something with Heart and Soul with new clients to create a friendly bonding vibe so they want to see more of me! But after I wore LP Sunfire around the house getting ready I felt so upbeat, energized and peaceful with myself I decided I didn't want to change the vibe with a phero so just went with it.

A new client came in and as I was waxing her eyebrows (with Sunfire going right up her snoot) she commented that she had left her last waxer because she didn't feel good around her and she could tell the difference right off, being around me she said she could feel my good energy!

I coud feel it emanating from me too.

I love the Love Potion line. I must get them all now. They just pour out love and good feelings!

Oh...and about the scent...I felt that I smelled like a piece of candy sunning myself on a beautiful tropical island. Sexy candy.

I ordered a bottle as soon as I got home last night!!

What a coincidence! I was going to dig up this thread when I returned from our Florida trip, I brought this one because while I never wear it in the cooler weather, I wore it often in the keys. The hot weather and humid tropical weather made all the lovely coconut notes come out!! I love this one in the heat. I layered it over BANG and it makes a good cover for that,

• 2 months later...

I keep discussing LP Sunfire over on the Passion & Desire thread so I thought I'd move it over here. It's GGG but I was thinking...maybe we can recreate the "feel" if not the exact smell of it with LP Original and Occo Ambrosia? I don't have any LP Original but will get a sample next order to give this a try. I guess it would be missing the coconut...I wonder how Pirate and Maiden would be with Ambrosia? Oh dear...once again, I'm out of my Pirate and Maiden so can't actually try this...

Like your idea, but OCCO ambrosia is a fail on me. Smells like cough syrup. :-( Have you tried the new one? Cocnut breeze? It's close to Sunfire but has musk in it (which I also can't wear) I have a samp of the C. Breeze and love the coconut elements of it just not the musk. What about a PE? is it possible to ask Mara to sort of recreate the Sunfire feel in a PE?

I keep discussing LP Sunfire over on the Passion & Desire thread so I thought I'd move it over here. It's GGG but I was thinking...maybe we can recreate the "feel" if not the exact smell of it with LP Original and Occo Ambrosia? I don't have any LP Original but will get a sample next order to give this a try.

Even if mixing/layering the two doesn't get the feel that you want, EVERY LP lover should try LP Original at least once, no matter what type of scents they prefer. It is absolutely beautiful......

Edited by Dolly

What about a PE? is it possible to ask Mara to sort of recreate the Sunfire feel in a PE?

Well sure; you won't get the complexity of the original but of course Mara can come up with something equally yummy.

Even if mixing/layering the two doesn't get the feel that you want, EVERY LP lover should try LP Original at least once, no matter what type of scents they prefer. It is absolutely beautiful......

Have it and love it!

Word, can't beat the original ;)

Like your idea, but OCCO ambrosia is a fail on me. Smells like cough syrup. :-( Have you tried the new one? Cocnut breeze? It's close to Sunfire but has musk in it (which I also can't wear) I have a samp of the C. Breeze and love the coconut elements of it just not the musk. What about a PE? is it possible to ask Mara to sort of recreate the Sunfire feel in a PE?

Oh no! Ambrosia no work?! That is bad news. I haven't got my sampler yet but will have it tomorrow or Sat! will report back on Coco Breeze!!

Oh! I have gone through a couple LP Original samples, but foolishly have always put off the bottle! Now I have none to try this with. :Emoticons04269:

• 9 months later...

and I'm gonna be wearing some very SOON !! Thanks Mrschrissyrez :aola:

• 5 months later...

This scent puts me in an amazing mood. It's sunshine in a LP bottle. So glad I got one off the trade thread.

I love that LP base mixed with the bright pineapple and coconut. I know it's mid September- but I'm dragging out summer a bit wearing Sunfire! This reminds me of the beach!