S'more Than a Feeling

luna65

Before I wax all LOLcat n' stuff about how NOM NOM NOM this is, I'd like to take a moment to be a glory hog (I warned Mara I was going to do this) and say, yes, this was me using my influence as a member of Team LPMP to push the secret agenda of bringing back Sugared Bonfire. :rolleyes: Who wants to touch me?!

I said, "We must have a s'mores scent. MUST." And I probably sounded a little unhinged so Mara said to the crazy person, "Okay, yeah, good idea." :lol:

That said, this is Essence of S'more to me but I think it has to age a bit before I get Essence of S'more Campfire, if that makes sense. Sugared Bonfire (now let's take a moment to contemplate that concept...what is that? I can't even wrap my mind around how you get from thinking, "Hmm, I like the smell of a bonfire, now how do I make a sugared version of that?" to actually doing it, but this is why I'm not a perfumer, heh) is, for me, a charred stick with some equally charred burned sugar stuck to it and as such is delicious. S'more Than a Feeling is the smell of a s'more with a specific warmth to it, like when you're ready to eat it and you sit back from the fire and go to town, attempting to keep your tower of ingredients all smushed together and into your mouth instead of on the ground..

I'm interested to know how it reacts on everyone because for katz and I the graham cracker accord is pretty strong right now. The chocolate and the marshmallow jump out of the vial but they move to the background on my skin, the chocolate comes out more in the drydown.

I wore this to bed last night and it was so comforting to me, I could really wear this any time of year because it's a such integral part of my happy memories. Sugared Bonfire, on the other hand, is really more of a fall scent for me.

lolz...you crack me up lunachick. But seriously how DO you figure out that a sweetened campfire smells good, and *MAKE* it so? Teh artistry: it amazes me!

Good idea on the wait-and-let-mellow. I shall.

*dashes and bats your ankle and scampers away*

ha-ha touched you!

Hmm I like teh concept, tis a bit chocolatey for me. I would like to stick this in a diffuser & scent the room with it..yummy :rolleyes:

You guys crack me up...Katz you have such a unique sense of humor,always brings an out an out laugh,I so appreciate it.

Ok,I have never experienced Sugared Bonfire,but if it has/had the same luscious smoke as this I know I would like it...I get the smokiness and I get the sweet graham spice on my skin,at this point I get no chocolate.

...ya know I just had a flash of a memory of toasting/burning marshmallows on a gas stove <that I was not supposed to touch> while my Father was at work :) I would then hide the forks...I think he figured it out,eventually :lol:

Tag,you're it...touch me in the morning :rolleyes:

well...I had to open it and find a free spot. Off the bat I get "graham cracker", 2 minutes later, milk chocolate and something else, and all I want to do is lick/bite/eat this part of my arm.

Full size bottle....a good investment !

off to find my Sug'd Bonfire to compare.

Hmm I like teh concept, tis a bit chocolatey for me. I would like to stick this in a diffuser & scent the room with it..yummy :rolleyes:

THAT sounds like an awesome idea! I may have to get a sample of this.....

People may look at me funny (come to think of it, they already do) but I am going to wear this one out just because I thought it smelled great! Just like a s'more. I like the foody scents so I can't wait wear this one.

Didn't think such a thing was possible (maybe just a cycle thing?) but I think this may be too foody for me. At first it was graham cracker blast ... I don't like graham crackers :666: ... then a warm, tooth-achingly sweet milk chocolate ... then a kind of waxiness like what I sometimes get with vanillas ... amd fading fast ... all within about an hour :'( Will try shaking it up a bit next time...

• 4 weeks later...
Didn't think such a thing was possible (maybe just a cycle thing?) a kind of waxiness like what I sometimes get with vanillas

I wonder if you might be onto something... I'm an absolute vanilla ho but the past few months (since April really) I'm not having any luck with vanilla scents. I don't get any vanilla or marshmallows with this one...just smoke & a faint graham cracker note. Same thing with my PE (Rosebud's Vanilla Cupcake) I didn't get any vanilla from it...same goes for the vanilla based scents in the past few months releases.

And all this weirdness with vanilla either going funny on me or being totally undetectable in the potion started around the same time as my hormone supplements all got changed (I'm on HRT)...I wonder what impact that might have had on my skin chemistry :lol: There has to be something to it because my LP's definitively don't all smell the same on me as they used to.

Better luck this time round -- the waxiness threatened to emerge periodically but was kept in check somehow -- I shook it before using, maybe helped -- and the SMOKE!! came out later on, the smoke from a well toasted marshmallow -- ab fab -- taking off trading post :)

Better luck this time round -- the waxiness threatened to emerge periodically but was kept in check somehow -- I shook it before using, maybe helped -- and the SMOKE!! came out later on, the smoke from a well toasted marshmallow -- ab fab -- taking off trading post ^_^

Oh,I am happy to read this,I love this scent,wish I could describe just how delicous that sweet smoke smells on me :)

Sweet smoky s'mores (try saying that ten times fast). Nothing complicated-sounding, just utterly delicious. The kind of thing that makes you want to chew yourself wherever you dabbed it on. :magicstick: I agree with Luna that it's only going to get better and better with aging, and probably smokier.

• 3 weeks later...

I am so lucky to have won this one a couple of months ago. This is another snuggly, bedtime favorite that might get more wear during the cold months. I do have to wait a good thirty minutes for the initial, SMOKY GRAHAM CRACKER, to pass into a very velvety chocolate (chocolate scents smell so good on me, if i do say so myself :001_302:) marshmallow.

I am so lucky to have won this one a couple of months ago. This is another snuggly, bedtime favorite that might get more wear during the cold months. I do have to wait a good thirty minutes for the initial, SMOKY GRAHAM CRACKER, to pass into a very velvety chocolate (chocolate scents smell so good on me, if i do say so myself :001_302: ) marshmallow.

Oh man, I have a sample vial of this that I've never tried wearing. Gonna have to give it a go sometime soon now that it has cooled off here.

Oh man, I have a sample vial of this that I've never tried wearing. Gonna have to give it a go sometime soon now that it has cooled off here.

cool! i was bummed when i amped the burnt cracker smell, but it was worth the wait to let it do the cool lp-morph-over-time thing.

Yeah I think most everyone gets the graham cracker at first; the chocolate comes out more quickly for me now than when it was first brewed.

• 3 weeks later...

WOW! The ladies REALLY delivered on this one. It smells exactly like what it is named for. I am not one who wears any of the "foody" type fragrances, but if you are, or know someone who is a S'mores fan and would like to be what's for desert, then I HIGHLY recommend this one. Someone out there even as you read this is having a fantasy about S'mores. This is the stuff that will bring you closer to realizing that S'more dream. Have fun with this one, it's a VERY fun, yummy, playful fragrance.

Geez...I forgot all about this one, dug it out of my stash, today it's a bit more graham cracker and butter on me, but still fun !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This is a great comfort scent (I wore it a LOT, during the moving process - and it's great before sleep, too)!

Initially I get a tinge graham crackers, but then it's mostly smoky marshmallow... with a hint of something dark (chocolate, maybe, and that's wonderful, because dark chocolate's the only kind I adore). This is very nice! :abfx:

• 5 months later...

Very graham-crackery at first, sweet and warm. Later the chocolate & marshmallow comes out. A little too delicious for me, makes me crave s'mores!

• 4 months later...

At first I thought this was too sweet but it has grown on me! I think sometimes you can't judge a scent just by putting a dab on your skin, you have to actually wear it! The graham cracker and marshmallow remind me of cereal. It is sickly sweet at first, but after I let it settle on my skin, it smells really yummy. The chocolate comes out more and the sweet cerealness fades a bit. I don't get any smokiness at all.

• 1 month later...

This smells absolutely delicious. I get a rocky roadish cake pop from Starbucks smell. Wet I get a tiny bit of smoke- but it'snot bad smoke, it's like warm toasty peanuts.. then I get the best drizzled chocolate marshmallow smell. It's perfect for bedtime and cuddling.

I could literally smell the chocolate and marshmallow melting on my skin! Very yummy!! I'm always afraid of smoke scents but this is a pleasant fluffy cloud of deliciousness.

• 2 months later...

This just gets better and better :) Ask a man to smell you after telling him what it is... graham cracker,oh...marshmallow,ok yeah...chocolate, ohhh yeah...smoke, YES,YES,biggest smile "I get it,I get it,I get it" :rofl222:

...and this one had a cops boost,just sayin...inhale,exhale :001_302:

This one has not been waxy on me at all of late- aged beautifully- it's all chocolate smoke with lots of smooth sweet graham cracker which note has also settled down since I first tried. This is one of very few that is addictive enough to overcome my zero scent attention span and inspire extended jags -in the past week or so, I wore this, slathered, every day for I think at least 5 or 6 days. I mention all this for the benefit of anyone who may have stashed it away early on for later experimentation.

Edited by tyvey

I mention all this for the benefit of anyone who may have stashed it away early on for later experimentation.

:yeahthat: ...it is simply amazing how beautifully these hand crafted oils develope and mellow over time :) ...soooo so many I want to try again !!!!! S'More Than A Feeling has always been one of my top favs...it makes me smile :lol:

• 2 months later...

got a sniffie of this in my last order and i had always wanted to try it. Now that i have i need a full bottle. on wet i get yummy warm graham crakers! then the chocolate and marshmallow. on full dry i keep that chocolate smell with a hint of nuttiness, which i think is the crackers. not a lot of smoke on me though.

got a sniffie of this in my last order and i had always wanted to try it. Now that i have i need a full bottle. on wet i get yummy warm graham crakers! then the chocolate and marshmallow. on full dry i keep that chocolate smell with a hint of nuttiness, which i think is the crackers. not a lot of smoke on me though.

I think I still have one on my page, if you're interested.

Mara was nice enough to send me a sample along with my order last month. I think I finally understand what everyone means

when they say that they want to taste a scent because it's so good. This was a yummy chocolate delight at first wiff, but unfortunately after an hour or so, my skin ate it. :Emoticons04269:

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I got this on Calii's recommendation, 'cause she's always spot-on, and OH MAN, am I ever glad I got a sample of this! In the vial this smells very graham crackery, and I wasn't that keen. But after a few minutes this morphs into the best marshmallowy chocolate smell this girl's sniffer has ever smelled! I The graham cracker scent is still here, but WAY in the background. Most prevalent are the marshmallow and the chocolate, and together they're conspiring to make me eat my arm off! Honestly, it's not often an LP makes me want to taste it, but S'MoreThan A Feeling is really tempting me. I wish I had one of those chocolate covered marshmallow things that come on sticks right now.

Have any of you boosted this? And with what? I'd love to boost it with Cuddle Bunny or something, but I dunno if it's heavy enough to cover cops... My next choice would probably be Gotcha!

OH MAN! This is making me SO HUNGRY!!! I might have to hit up the Seven 11. :o