Spirit Bottle

Dolly

201008022053326003.jpg

Spirit Bottle

A potion of courage and confidence, power and command - all the elements required to manage your pesky Djinn. Based upon the Hoodoo "Bend Over" potion; potent EOs and oils of Calamus Root, Katrifay, Vetiver, Anise, Frankincense and Honeysuckle are added to lush Indian and Arabian Attars and Musks, Saffron and Dahnul Oud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
CALAMUS ROOT EO ~ Power and control.
KATRIFAY EO ~ Fortifying, for aiding and restoring of physical strength.
BERGAMOT EO ~ Relaxant, confidence builder. Uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Spirituality and power, purification, consecration, protection, exorcism
HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
RUH ZAFRAN (SAFFRON) ~ Love, beauty, happiness, lust. Purification, healing, clairvoyance.
ANISE ~ Clairvoyance, protection, luck, cleansing, purification.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
DAHNUL OUD (AGARWOOD) ~ Love, aphrodisiac, spirituality, health.
Expels negative energies, brings alertness, relieves anxiety, invokes a sense of strength and peace and enhances cerebral functioning. Agarwood is highly psychoactive. It is used for a spiritual journey, enlightenment & clarity.
INDIAN BLACK AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
ARABIAN BLACK MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, so I got my sampler, and am currently in LOVE with this scent....on me, it is calm and mellow, I get the musk and the amber, the woods and vetiver and bergamot (I love vetiver and bergamot), and after it started drying down, I said "HONEYSUCKLE?" Had to go back and look at the list to be sure.....it IS honeysuckle, peeking through like little bright flashes of light.....this is just too cool, because I have been infatuated with honeysuckle lately, since I have a big batch of it growing across the street, and my sweetie and I have been discussing the building of a trellis outside the window of my new office.....

I need more of this one!

ETA: The longer this one wears, the softer and smokier the feeling gets......I am crushing on this!

I think the intent works, it calmed my resident grump down, lol.

LOL......I need multiple bottles, I think.....hope this one lasts until I can get the money train rolling again! I am gonna try pairing it with my unscented Dominance......OOOOOOH, now THAT's a thought!!

Edited by Dolly

I can totally relate to everyone elses reaction of this. I am sitting in my office after getting my sample vials and this is one that I immediately swiped on and I love the scent. I wouldn't be surprised if this has pheros in it but regardless, I LOVE this one also. :lol:

No, Elixir of Silver is the phero-amped scent for August.

I'd read that and Elixer of Silver also smells great but I'm just going by 'feel'. Even if there aren't pheros, this really is a relaxing and amazing scent. Between this on and Seven Tears I am having a great time smelling myself (I put a little Seven Tears on my left hand and Spirit Bottle on my right.)

Edited by Snoopyace

Well there's the thing...aromatherapy works wonders. A scent can be constructed with a specific purpose and achieve that purpose all on its' own without any mood-altering chemical analogs. That's the magic of fragrance. :)

But also, given the spell this is based on, it doesn't surprise me that it's having a potent effect on whomever is wearing it.

Well there's the thing...aromatherapy works wonders. A scent can be constructed with a specific purpose and achieve that purpose all on its' own without any mood-altering chemical analogs. That's the magic of fragrance. :)

But also, given the spell this is based on, it doesn't surprise me that it's having a potent effect on whomever is wearing it.

I was literally just looking at the ingredients and I think the musk is what I was smelling as being phero like. I love this one and have to get a big bottle of it!

Maybe this one too. Damn! Why didn't I order the monthly sampler!!!!!

I did! *raises hand*

I may need to try this ....I love honeysuckle.

I'd put one swipe of this from the sample vial on the top of my left hand and rubbed it into the top of my right. Then I put one swipe on the back of my neck (both purely for intention). 6 hours later, I can't smell the Excalibur I was wearing but I can smell the Spirit Bottle more strongly than I could when I first applied it. Wild.

I notice this with a few other LP's as well. Mark's Girl Nip is much stronger after about 3 hours on (which is a good thing because it smells fantastic) but I notice that with this one and every once in a while I catch a whiff of it. Pretty impressive considering the small amount I used. I'm conserving it until I can get a big bottle of it. I really like this both for intent and the scent!

I like this - the drydown is a bit sweet but it has some wonderful resinous notes.

Edit: This is my new favorite scent, love the frankincense, just ordered a bottle!

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 3 weeks later...

On me this is primarily resin-woods-spices, which is why it reminds me of something like Carpe Noctum or Liquid Magix, but I feel like it has a more masculine energy to it (that whole "command" thing, I suppose), due to the herbal notes and the oud. I love oud on Quince, it makes me *purr* The herbal characteristic gives it an almost "fresh" quality, sort of like walking in a field, but the base notes are deep and smooth. Overall though I'm apt to say it's going to smell better on Q than on me.

It might just be me but has anyone else noticed a sense of invigoration or energy while wearing this? Even more than any 'spiritual' change, I get physically uplifted and energized from this scent. Not to mention that I don't mind the scent even if I do generally wear it for its intent.

It might just be me but has anyone else noticed a sense of invigoration or energy while wearing this? Even more than any 'spiritual' change, I get physically uplifted and energized from this scent. Not to mention that I don't mind the scent even if I do generally wear it for its intent.

I love the scent so much that I would wear it even without any specific intent.....for me, the intent on this one is a bonus!

• 1 month later...
I love the scent so much that I would wear it even without any specific intent.....for me, the intent on this one is a bonus!

Alriiight! Someone else who just plain likes the scent.

Alriiight! Someone else who just plain likes the scent.

"Likes" is kind of an understatement.....when I wear this one, I can't seem to stop sniffing myself......

• 1 year later...

Sorry to hear that. I LOVED Spirit Bottle and wore it every time I'd give a reading for quite a while. I also seemed to get a lot more respect from people when wearing it. Sort of a Pied Piper effect.

• 1 year later...

I went looking for the notes for Spirit Bottle and since they're not posted here (and not in archives-- I found it on the ScentBase website) I thought I'd put it here to make it easier for people to find:

201008022053326003.jpg

CALAMUS ROOT EO ~ Power and control.
KATRIFAY EO ~ Fortifying, for aiding and restoring of physical strength.
BERGAMOT EO ~ Relaxant, confidence builder. Uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Spirituality and power, purification, consecration, protection, exorcism
HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
RUH ZAFRAN (SAFFRON) ~ Love, beauty, happiness, lust. Purification, healing, clairvoyance.
ANISE ~ Clairvoyance, protection, luck, cleansing, purification.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
DAHNUL OUD (AGARWOOD) ~ Love, aphrodisiac, spirituality, health.
Expels negative energies, brings alertness, relieves anxiety, invokes a sense of strength and peace and enhances cerebral functioning. Agarwood is highly psychoactive. It is used for a spiritual journey, enlightenment & clarity.
INDIAN BLACK AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
ARABIAN BLACK MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal

There's been several from this collection that I've tried and loved, Shen Tao and Elixer of Silver among them.

Has anyone who's tried Spirit Bottle found an LP fragrance that reminds them of it?

ah, you are correct. I went back and saw it. Missed it the first time.

The only possible current LP I can think of which might even be close is The Summoner's Spell; though as I recall Liquid Magix was the one it most reminded me of.

Hmmm. Gonna have to try Summoners Spell again. I have a sample, and I really should stick it with my spell potions while I'm thinking about it. I haven't "gone deep" with that one yet, i just remember on cold sniff, it smelled a little strange...like meaty?? Yeah, gotta try again!

On me, Liquid Magix is super light, and it has sort of a medicinal thing going on . Benzoin? I still like it though, especially for intent.

I really and truly LOVE Spirit Bottle though. I'd probably give up a finger for a decent quantity of it! :D

To me, its THE perfect Catholic Church scent that I've been searching out for YEARS. It just captures a particular old church in Downtown Detroit that my family used to take me to as a kid. We would go when it was empty just to.marvel at the architecture and light candles for our loved ones. It recalls safety and reflection, and honestly it is an extremely spiritual scent. It makes me feel closer to God. Ha, yeah, sounds a lil crazy perhaps, but it really does that for me.

Its that censer incense scent, with something deeper. I dunno how to explain it. The only scent that's come close to it is Demeters Holy Smoke, but that disappears instantly, plus its missing the "charge" and energy that Spirit Bottle has.

At any rate, I will hang on to my sample, wish for a rebrew, or wish to make rnough money to do a custom scent that comes close!

Its that censer incense scent, with something deeper. I dunno how to explain it. The only scent that's come close to it is Demeters Holy Smoke, but that disappears instantly, plus its missing the "charge" and energy that Spirit Bottle has.

For me, that kind of scent is Arcana's Holy Terror, it smells amazingly like burning incense.

Dammit. Just tried to find that Arcana oil but it's older and sold out everywhere...boo!!

Luna, do you (or anyone else) have any recs on an awesome censer incense scent? I'm OBSESSED. Sorry of this is inappropriate to ask?? I just Love this one SO much, and I can't have it.

Any other close second would do i guess. Suggestions ?

• 1 year later...

I don't know if the new one is being reviewed elsewhere or not but I love the 2015 version of this. I am supposed to be asleep so I can't write a long review but, wow, this smells good.