Prophetic Pie

luna65

AD-PropheticPie.jpg

Prophetic Pie

A delicious smelling concoction, designed to assist you in overcoming whatever ails ye...maybe before you even know what it is yourself. Ingredients to attract helpful spirits, build courage and confidence, attract love and prosperity, encourage physical well-being, and soothing of emotional burdens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
RHUBARB ~ Protection, fidelity, willpower.
PERSIMMON ~ Sex, sexual identity, healing, good fortune.
LEMON BLOSSOM ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
PECAN ~ Money, employment.
BUTTER ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
BROWN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The base for this one - the pecan, butter and brown sugar and vanilla - is soooo yummy from first sniff. Interesting that the "filling" for the pie doesn't come out for me until after application but it's a nice tart melange sort of hovering in the background, which reminds me of how a pie can smell. Sometimes the crust might be more fragrant than the filling unless you're actually eating it. The brightness of those ingredients leads this one to be less traditionally gourmand, I think. Although rhubarb generally reminds me of summer (because whenever I do eat it I'm usually visiting my aunt and uncle back East and she loves rhubarb and serves it several ways) this has more of an autumnal evocation to it because it's very warm and spicy but in a cozy way.

• 1 month later...

What? No one else reviewed this after Luna?

I get that really rich, buttery brown-sugary base first too, and then the rhubarb comes out giving it a fruitier and overall sweet-tart feel. However this isn't a summery type of fruity scent but a warmer, richer, more autumnal one. I love rhubarb and I'm so glad it showed up in this one because it really shines surrounded by all the sumptuous gourmand notes. :lol:

I really liked this one. It was one of my fave's from last months releases. I get the yummy pie with rhubarb on top, but unlike most fruit scents this one doesn't get totally hijacked by the fruit note/s, I still get the pie notes :lol:

Unfortunately it doesn't last very long on my skin...my skin seems to eat it fairly quickly so I'd need to layer it with CPS (?)

• 6 months later...

Got this as a lovely sniffie with my latest order. My first thought was how much this reminded me of the Autumnal Equinox scents, which are my absolute favorites! Looks like the other reviewers had the same thought.

I'm not noticing the lemon (which is good), but it's probably adding a bit of sparkle under the radar along with the rhubarb. Even though it's a beautiful spring day, I really like this scent and don't kind if I smell seasonally anachronistic. :Hug_emoticon:

Does this sound like something from a Terry Pratchett Discworld book to anybody but me? Can't you just see some of the Discworld witches indulging in "prophetic pie" before they do a bit of prognosticating? Like maybe there's a bit of mugwort or other "herbs" baked into that pie?

• 1 month later...

This scent is a creepy magickal one. I love the way it smells it's so cozy and yummy. I put this on yesterday to run errands to give it a try. I've been holed up all weekend feeling cranky and just letting myself cry and be sad. I slathered this baby on it really made me feel a lot better. It lifted my murky mood up, up, and away.

At the store 2 men smiled very warmly at me, not a dirty pervy kind of smile, but a warm and genuine smile. I was kind of surprised then I thought, what am I wearing today? Prophetic Pie!

It really did lift my mood considerably and I thought well maybe they feel sorry for me because I look tired and scraggly. Whatever the case it made my trip to the store bearable, and lifted my spirits.

Today I wore it again and I felt the same warm feeling. As I was getting ready to go home, I felt a breeze across my cheek. I shrugged it off. Walking to my car I was getting my keys out trying to balance everything, thinking how am I going to unlock my car and not get annoyed if something falls. I didn't have to find out. Something or someone unlocked it for me. I didn't even press the unlock button on my keys.

It was kinda weird but I didn't think too much of it since I didn't want to freak myself out. Maybe my mind just manifested my car unlocking... who knows?

This yummy smelling scent really does uplift and soothe away sadness, helpful spirits included!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The reviews on this one tipped me to try it, even though, as I was ordering, I thought, "Why on earth would you want to smell like pie? OK, you never thought you would want to smell like cookies, but still--pie?! What is up here?"

Well, I'm so glad I did! I don't know how you get pie in a bottle, but this succeeds wonderfully. When I first opened the bottle, all I got was nuts, and a kind of chemical nuttiness at that, sort of headache-inducing. But (remembering the reviews) I plunged ahead, and, as soon as I put it on, nuts turned into fantastic pie crust, all flour-y and sugar-y and everything that is my favorite part of eating actual pie. Then right behind that, the fruit showed up. Mostly the rhubarb, which is wonderfully tart (or maybe that's the persimmon? I don't have the most gifted nose). SOMETHING is sparkly and sweet and biting all at the same time. The whole thing smells like late summer/early autumn, and I can't get enough of it.

This doesn't have the feel of something I would want to wear every day, but it does have the feel of something that is going to be exactly perfect at very specific times. And that mood elevating thing people have mentioned, I'm definitely getting that. This is comforting but also uplifting, which is kind of a rare combination for me--usually things are one or the other, but not both. This is definitely someone patting you on the arm and saying, "There, there..." but instead of tucking you into bed with a cup of tea, you get sent out to go to work, get your grocery shopping done, come home and tidy up and cook dinner and THEN get tucked into bed.

I love your review on this Blackcat!! I have a couple of bottles coming my way and I can't wait to try it out. Hopefully I'll get the same good feeling from it that you have.

I have another one of these coming too. I love how comforting this scent is. It's a warm fruity scent. It also has the ghostly Halloween vibe to it. Ill take any helpful spirits that come with it! I adore smelling like pie... Or any bakery, desserty smell !

I love your review on this Blackcat!! I have a couple of bottles coming my way and I can't wait to try it out. Hopefully I'll get the same good feeling from it that you have.

I've been loving your reviews for a while, Storemy, so thanks! I noticed we both nabbed a couple of the same August PEs, too... I hope this one works well for you.

I have another one of these coming too. I love how comforting this scent is. It's a warm fruity scent. It also has the ghostly Halloween vibe to it. Ill take any helpful spirits that come with it! I adore smelling like pie... Or any bakery, desserty smell !

I hadn't thought of this one as a Halloween-y vibe, Hearts, but I think you're right! I do love the bakery desserty smells. The other one I've been enjoying that reminds me a bit of this one is Lost Highway. And both of them have me wondering if I need to snag some Alien Cake while it's on sale! Have either of you tried that one?

We did, didn't we? I'm a sucker for Autumn scents - my favorite time of the year. Can't wait to hear your thoughts when we get them!!! It's always interesting to hear how scents play out on each of us and whether someone gets something completely different from someone else.

Lost Highway smells really nice! First time I tried it, I didn't know what the notes were and I kept thinking "Is that carrot cake I smell?" It was so delicious!! I didn't get a bottle because my addiction had to stop somewhere but Kanary Cremes sounded really good too. If you aren't done with the sale, you might take a look at that one and see if you are interested.

Prophetic Pie

A delicious smelling concoction, designed to assist you in overcoming whatever ails ye...maybe before you even know what it is yourself. Ingredients to attract helpful spirits, build courage and confidence, attract love and prosperity, encourage physical well-being, and soothing of emotional burdens.- copied from the LPMP site.

I love the intent of Prophetic Pie!

I have tried Alien Cake and its ok on me until dry down.. It gets a lttle earthy. I love Kanary Kremes! It's like a lemon tart! Yum! Bakery scents always get me.

Thanks Hearts for posting the description about Prophetic Pie . I've been wondering if anyone has felt or worked with the intent of this one or whether they just use it as perfume. Have you had any experiences with it in terms of it helping you?

Lemon Tarts... that sounds good!!! :Emoticons04269: Oh well... I must turn and walk away. I cannot purchase anymore. Maybe it will pop up in the trades page someday.

Thanks Hearts for posting the description about Prophetic Pie . I've been wondering if anyone has felt or worked with the intent of this one or whether they just use it as perfume. Have you had any experiences with it in terms of it helping you?

Lemon Tarts... that sounds good!!! :Emoticons04269: Oh well... I must turn and walk away. I cannot purchase anymore. Maybe it will pop up in the trades page someday.

I certainly was aware of the intent when I purchased it--most of the scents I'm drawn to aren't good ones for me to wear for work, so I've been trying to branch out a bit and find things that I can use in a setting where I need to be seen as warm, approachable and professional (instead of sexy and mysterious, which is how I like to be seen the rest of the time, LOL!). Also where I need to get off my ass and get things done! I've been struggling a fair bit recently, and I find that Prophetic Pie really helps me to put hard stuff aside, stop brooding, head out into the world, and enjoy a productive task-y day.

I noticed the bottle level is already visibly lower! so I might need to grab one more.

I should be done with the sale. I should SO be done with the sale, but I keep telling myself that it's great to grab full bottles of things I know I love when they are so much cheaper!

I have tried Alien Cake and its ok on me until dry down.. It gets a lttle earthy. I love Kanary Kremes! It's like a lemon tart! Yum! Bakery scents always get me

Since I love earthy, you might have just sold me on this one! And now Kanary Kremes... :Emoticons10311: Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Prophetic Pie

Ingredients to attract helpful spirits, build courage and confidence, attract love and prosperity, encourage physical well-being, and soothing of emotional burdens.- copied from the LPMP site.

This scent always puts me in a better mood. How can you not be happy smelling pie? I love the intent and I love how yummy this is!!

I got this out of the closet last week and realized--I have FINISHED the bottle. The one I bought at the beginning of August. Yeah. That's how good it smelled. Whether it was the scent, or the intent, or the combination, I burned through this like nobody's business. This is the first time I have actually finished an LP bottle. There are things I regretfully decided did not work for me, but this is the first time I just used it up because I loved it so much.

There's something in this that doesn't like my skin.. or my skin doesn't like it, but wow is this potion ever... well, potent!

It works so amazingly well that I don't really care about the scent! Like others have said, this stuff is a huge pick-me-up. I was tired, cranky, having one of the worst days ever... I applied some of this on with just a "well, just do whatever because today sucks" intent going... and before long I had a gigantic smile plastered on my face. Had 4 hrs sleep and still woke up with a giant smile on my face. That's some powerful stuff.

I wish I liked the scent though but these ones with nuts or something in them...? Just turns into this weird... kind of BO scent on my skin. =\

I am so keeping my bottle for intent and I know I will use it when I need it.. but it will not be one of those I slather on nor for more casual use.

• 2 weeks later...

I got this out of the closet last week and realized--I have FINISHED the bottle. The one I bought at the beginning of August. Yeah. That's how good it smelled. Whether it was the scent, or the intent, or the combination, I burned through this like nobody's business. This is the first time I have actually finished an LP bottle. There are things I regretfully decided did not work for me, but this is the first time I just used it up because I loved it so much.

I remember reading this post of yours in the last days of the sale and realized I needed to grab 2 bottles since this gives me a cozy and comfort feel every time I wear it....I'm so glad I did as my 1st bottle is already below the label....

I remember reading this post of yours in the last days of the sale and realized I needed to grab 2 bottles since this gives me a cozy and comfort feel every time I wear it....I'm so glad I did as my 1st bottle is already below the label....

I was able to snag one more bottle, which I am tempted to go open right now, reading your words, DD! It's still a surprise to me, if I go back and read the description, how much I love this! So thank you to all you earlier reviewers who put it on my radar. Rhubarb, persimmon and all!

This has been so nice to wear to bed. I put a swipe on each shoulder so I can breathe in the scent as I go to sleep. It's comforting and foodie, but it is perfectly balanced with the sweetness and a baked pie scent. Love this!

Dang, let me know if you here any good reviews on that one... it sounds intriquing.

You'll be the first to know when I get a sample!

And I promise, this is my last entry on this thread for a while, but...

I put on Prophetic Pie early this morning, around 7:00. Usually by the time I go to work whatever I'm wearing has faded enough I can put something new on (the upside of a skin that mostly gobbles scent), but I had a different schedule today and just forgot. At 2:30 I was meeting with a new student. Halfway through our conversation, she leaned in, SNIFFED me, and said, "Oh, wow! You smell REALLY good!" then got kind of embarrassed and blushed but stuck to the compliment.

Oh, the magic of pie.

• 10 months later...

Prophetic Pie

A delicious smelling concoction, designed to assist you in overcoming whatever ails ye...maybe before you even know what it is yourself. Ingredients to attract helpful spirits, build courage and confidence, attract love and prosperity, encourage physical well-being, and soothing of emotional burdens.- copied from the LPMP site.

I love the intent of Prophetic Pie!

<snip>

There's something in this that doesn't like my skin.. or my skin doesn't like it, but wow is this potion ever... well, potent!

It works so amazingly well that I don't really care about the scent! Like others have said, this stuff is a huge pick-me-up. I was tired, cranky, having one of the worst days ever... I applied some of this on with just a "well, just do whatever because today sucks" intent going... and before long I had a gigantic smile plastered on my face. Had 4 hrs sleep and still woke up with a giant smile on my face. That's some powerful stuff.

Hi maiea - that was almost my exact thought in my head when I put this on earlier today - i.e. "...whatever because today sucks". Just wanted to laugh @ your post bc I was seriously in same exact mood prior, felt much more at ease later. But I had uber stressful day and only dabbed - so I didn't get a smile on my face but definitely felt uplifted and more relaxed. Scent 'lifted' after a few hours and I went back to cranky/ pissyville, but I just re-dabbed so perking up a bit.

I feel the same way, the intent on this is crazy strong and it really just makes you feel great all the time...

Have worn this 3x now - was given large sample in recent trade/ sale - thank you!

Really like this. It isn't something I'd had picked on my own and wouldn't have tried sample so soon if it wasn't for ALL posts here. I agree with all have said. There is something comforting about it. No perceivable helpful spirits to report yet but will definitely post if I notice any! That said, just bc I don't 'notice' it, doesn't mean it's not there. :)

The scent itself - when wet I smell rhubarb the most, but on dry down it comes together - comfy pie smell. Which may not sound enticing but it is. It's earthy, spicy and while Summer is my fav season and this is an Autumn scent - very grateful for the intent and effects.

I can smell the brown sugar, ginger, butter and a hint of vanilla on dry down, but I can't really sniff out the other notes on my skin. The brown sugar comes out a lot more later, but still keeping the buttery base. Later after more settling in, I can smell a waft of lemon blossom. Very lovely.

I am uber-huffing my arm because it makes me feel much better. I've been in a pissy mood most of the day and this is helping. I rarely get in this type of pissy mood - but when I do it tends to linger, Prophetic Pie is helping me 'pull' out of it and chill, relax.

Found FB on trade board so will have soon- yay! Blackcat's description (should have quoted that as well) @ feeling like someone's helping you get thru the day and then 'tucking you in to sleep' at night is spot on. Cozy, comforting, warm, inviting scent. Thank you Mara!!

This scent is a definite different 'genre' than my usual pink/ vanilla/ butter/ cream sugar scents - so glad to have found. Thanks to all who posted reviews!

**Below is *direct* copy and paste from LPMP on notes and intent - for those who want info as it's not in this thread.**

"

RHUBARB ~ Protection, fidelity, willpower.

PERSIMMON ~ Sex, sexual identity, healing, good fortune.

LEMON BLOSSOM ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.

GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

PECAN ~ Money, employment.

BUTTER ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

BROWN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing."

• 2 months later...

Due to recent stresses with both job hunting (I feel like I am hitting a wall), and work issues (I ended up having to schedule a meeting with HR to talk about conflicting reasons for layoff/intimidation/harassment)... and other small stresses (my car is in the shop, I got a rejection letter today "sorry we hired someone else", and being someone who cannot handle the large amount of people on public transportation - I had panic attacks in the spring)...

I was totally on the verge of crying because I'm so stressed and exhausted. I'm glad I remembered and pulled this out of my drawer. The scent still doesn't agree with me but I'm burning it on a candle. I'm a tiny bit calmer. I'm hoping the effect builds up because I'm probably on the verge of breaking down with all the stress I have.

Guest cutie.pie

Maiea, I hope you won't mind if I recommend you a book by Pierre Franckh "Successful wishing". It helped me a lot. Do you maybe have 'Open Sesame'?

Guest cutie.pie

Gimme Money and Open Sesame combo works magic. Give it a try for your job situation. Sending you positve thoughts and a hug :)