Bavarian Blood

tyvey

The little I've been able to find about this, is that it was a PE and extremely limited. Haven't been able to find its scent notes, and I'm still really bad at detecting notes via nose unless I already know what they are, but I'll do my best.

First my general impression is that it is very pretty, perfumey, "traditional", and wears close -- ie, the dead opposite of what I expected based on the name, which was that it'd be gothy, resinous, heavy with a big throw.

It's a fruity floral, with a red fruit forward (maybe currant?) and I can't place the flower at all -- it's not "big" or heady like gardenia, but subtle -- maybe lily? It feels "traditional".

As a plus the label seems to have gotten a nice soaking at some point, in something that smells familiar (I'm pretty sure it's an LP) but I can't place -- lots of resins (pretty sure there's sandalwood and maybe myrrh?) and spice...smells like the inside of an apothecary cabinet in a back room in Marrakesh :D

Edited by tyvey

I think Mara wrote somewhere in one of the other "Blood" perfume descriptions that Red Currant is used as a magickal representation of blood. So, it probably is Red Current. Lucky you to get something so rare it's no where to be found!

This was the formerly posted description, written by the PE designer...

Crafted to recreate a memory for the designer of this scent... Autumn in Bavaria: Lying on a bed of moss and deep wild grass - she's been riding, and the scent of oiled leather mixes with that of sweat and decaying leaves...a cold fire pit with stones around its remains lies nearby, accompanied by a lingering metallic taste of blood in the air...all of this, lightly sweetened with a dollop of wild Honey.