12th Night in New Orleans

whiskerswhispers

AD-12thNight.jpg

12th Night in New Orleans

January 5th is 12th Night, some call it Epiphany, the time when the Wise Men visited baby Jesus and gave him gifts. In New Orleans, it is the day before the beginning of the Mardi Gras season, a time of partying, feasting, dressing up, and having a great time before Lent. 12th Night has roots in Saturnalia, the Roman celebration. 12th Night signals the end of the “12 Days of Christmas” and is also the traditional day that holiday decorations are removed from the home. I designed this “12th Night in New Orleans” perfume as an Abundance blend. This potion is green, spicy, a bit dark, and has just a touch of King Cake in it. Celebrate the New Year with Abundance!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
CLOVE ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Apologies if there's already a thread for this...)

In vial: spicy, herbal, dirty, I swear there’s vetiver in here…I definitely smell the basil and bay.
On skin: I smell nuts here…like walnuts or pecans. Smoky and nutty. I also smell the cinnamon, clove, patchouli and sugar, a bit of orange too. and lots of herbs too, with basil leading the way. There’s also a creaminess under it all. it’s an unusual blend of notes but I actually really like this! It’s settled down into a lovely spicy-earthy scent with a hint of something reminiscent of paper money. I love the soft creamy warmth of the sugared spices, and the herbs add a really interesting twist. I love the smell of basil-if done right, it can really turn a perfume into something special, like in here. eventually this turns to pure creamy soft clove with just a hint of patchouli to ground it…it’s gorgeous! Warm and comforting and there’s even a hint of incense to it. the drydown of creamy sweet clove and vanilla sugar is clove perfection, the scent I was hoping to get from Christmas Clove Cookies. I’m definitely keeping this one.

Thanks for that review, Whiskers! It sound svery unusual and interesting.....I might have to try it.

Plus, I like the name.....I am about 75 miles West of New Orleans, and spent a lot of time down there....pre-Katrina. It is distressing how bad the city is now.....crime has reached an all-time high in that area, to the point where I am leery of spending any time there. Maybe this scent will remind me of how the city used to be...... :(

Thanks for that review, Whiskers! It sound svery unusual and interesting.....I might have to try it.

Plus, I like the name.....I am about 75 miles West of New Orleans, and spent a lot of time down there....pre-Katrina. It is distressing how bad the city is now.....crime has reached an all-time high in that area, to the point where I am leery of spending any time there. Maybe this scent will remind me of how the city used to be...... :(

That's really sad, I know that so many of the historcial buildings in the Quarter and the Garden are for sale.

I was shocked when I saw some of them, one of the hotels in the quarter, five or six historical landmarks as well.

The "new" owners of Anne Rice's house are selling as well.

I need to dig throught the couch for a spare 15 million or so-one could own some of the most signaficant buildings in New Orleans.

• 7 months later...

I received a sniffie of this a while back and with the cooler weather coming up I thought I'd try it now to see how I like it. I get a kind of pine-like evocation from the vial, it's nice, not too sharp. Upon application the creaminess is apparent and it makes it very wearable. I can immediately picture the "spicy creamy green" of the description; it will be a great holiday scent and a lovely tribute to the Crescent City.

• 3 weeks later...

This one is one of my favorites. It is very creamy and warm. The spices (allspice, cinnamon, clove) are the prominant notes on me. They sit on a faint cloud of patchouli and sugar. It is a wonderful blend with the different layers coming out throughout the day.

Edited to add that it is 8 hours later and the scent is still with me. much softer, but still beautiful.

Edited by sultry brunette

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I love this scent it smells a gingersnap & I feel lucky when I wear it. I'm also addicted to: Happy Water, Cheap Girls, Belladonna Brew, Wildflower, & Sweet Revenge. Actually I think I'm just going to have to start an LP fragrances An. group!!!! :dancingfruits0nm:

Edited by Beccah1

• 2 weeks later...

i agree this is a spicy, green, creamy scent...very unusual and VERY yummy and comforting.

i wear this one to bed a lot and also when i am feeling stressed or sad and need a scent that just makes me feel cozy in my own skin.

i'm really digging this one and it smells great on my husband, too!

• 4 weeks later...

My good friend SB loves this scent and kept going on and on about how wonderful it was, so I tried a sample of hers. It smelled like b.o.l.o.g.n.a on me. It was so sad. ;)

• 5 months later...

Getting a sample of this early (thanks Liz!) made me even more glad I ordered a bottle. I was initially afraid of the basil, but it's not screaming basil at all in the slightest. What it does smell like is luscious vanilla buttercream mixed with Christmas tree. I know Christmas tree buttercream is not something you could literally eat, but my nose eats it up nonetheless :666:

Edited by Invidiana

• 3 months later...

I got a sniffie of this with my last order-- I'm sad this has sold out, though I can certainly see why it has! The delicious spices and the sugar are a combination to die for!

• 3 weeks later...

I'd originally gotten this through trade for its intent. What I didn't expect was to love the scent so much. I don't know how a guy smells to a woman while wearing this but I really don't care. I love the scent and I love how it relaxes me. :)

• 2 months later...

On me I get Orange, Cinnamon, Clove & almost like a Pine (I guess that's the green). No creaminess though. I like it, but I have too many "Spice" LP's now. Looking to branch out.

• 6 months later...

I just found a half bottle of this lying around that I'd forgotten I had. I was wearing it for intent but I also LOVE the smell of this. :( Is there any way for a rebrew of this to be made? I'd be a very happy Snoopy dog. *wags tail*

• 1 year later...

This scent started off a little smoky which sort of scared me a little. I amp smoke notes so I worried it would take over the whole blend. Gladly the smokiness only lasted a short while and then I got a nose full of mellow spices. I did not pick up a lot from the basil, bat leaf or patchouli. This scent is pretty much a nice melody of spices on my skin on the dry down.

• 2 years later...

Anyone who may have checked out my trade page lately may have noticed I had 12th Night listed to sell for a very brief period. Luckily no one snatched it up (I subconsciously had my fingers crossed) because I can't get rid of this. I don't really consider it a "me" scent since I tend to love creamy florals; and yes, 12th Night is creamy, but more in a light whipped butter sense than in a dense heavy cream way. Green notes tend to be too sharp or herbal to me but this evokes a color analogy closer to pistachio than kelly, pine, or grass green. I wears close to the skin, soft and comfortable, and blended so expertly that no particular note stands out to my nose. It's more like an aura than a fragrance, and even though it is not something I could wear everyday it does span the seasons as a cozy and soothing non-obtrusive scent. I have never smelled anything quite like it.

• 4 months later...

I got this from Seajammarket as one of the MANY generous free samples she sent me to try when I ordered a couple of her full bottles. And I'm finding it really, really hard to review! I don't know what to make of it. I don't get any green at all. I don't really get much creaminess, either. What do I get? I don't know...I think it's mostly allspice...but it brings to mind an image of a dark street in the French Quarter at night. I just...don't really know why.

In another thread, I mentioned that I received it on Jan. 5th (yesterday), and then found that Jan. 5th IS 12th Night and the beginning of the Mardi Gras season, so I thought that was just perfect. Too perfect to resist, actually. I like the concept of having a certain scent for a certain day.

So back to the actual scent...I really like it in the bottle, but I can't figure out WHY! It's NOTHING like my usual preference of florals or berries or greens (like I said, I don't get any "green" out of it). On my skin, it turns all spicy. Not my thing usually, but with this, I just don't know. Not the most helpful review, sorry! One thing I can say for certain is that it faded really quickly on me. I would say it lasted 4 hours, tops.

Edited by Lainey