Pom Pom Nom Nom

Invidiana

AD-PomNom.jpg?v=7516fd43adaa

Pom Pom Nom Nom

We’ve got spirit, yes we do! We’ve got spirit, how 'bout you?! Get your girly on with our tribute to that most spirited of schoolgirls: the cheerleader. The spice of pink carnations (the pom-pom part of the equation) and neroli meets a trio of sugars (pink sugar that is) and joins up with everything nice in the form of honey, civit and white musk (for a very enthusiastic quality)...not quite innocent, but sweet enough to make him stand up and cheer...outfit optional. Rah Rah RAWR!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

CARNATION ~ Power, energy, protection. Fascination, admiration.

NEROLI ~ Sensual, relieves tension & anxiety; quells apprehension, encourages a shy lover, confidence building.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

CIVET ~ Musk derived from civet cats, now illegal except in synthetic form.Considered a strong aphrodisiac, has an intense, animal, 'sexual' aroma.

WHITE MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I'm not the cheerleader type and carnation can be iffy for me, but I was really pleasantly surprised. The carnation, at least on me, smells more (though not exactly) like the chrysanthemum in Sugared Chrysanthemums, which I actually really like, just "pinker" if you will and vaguely remindss me of Dubble Bubble. Even better, it's really the honey and pink sugar which amp on me, followed by the musks, so it's not decidedly carnationy at all. I'd say the floral component is actually the least evident on my skin because I amp all the thick sweet stuff, and for me that's a very good thing indeed. Jury's still out on whether I need a bottle of this, but I'm definitely keeping my sample. ;)

I'm wondering if the gourmand floral aspect is going to come out for me...this is VERY pink on me, kinda like Fairest on steroids. There's a spicy element in the background but the pink sugar is just waaaay up front. I would say if you love pink sugar type scents you should try this one for sure.

If this were the teensiest bit less pink in the very beginning it would be perfect, or if the neroli didn't whack me in the nose, it would be perfect. Love the honey and carnation together though. I will still slather this on and wait for the drydown which IS perfect.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yikes I searched exhaustively for the Pom Pom Nom Nom review thread in the women's section & COULDN'T find it...

For some reason carnation always smells like those Valentine's day conversation hearts on me, but then it died to a pleasant floral vaguely reminescent of those floral 'scented' candles you get @ the dollar store, hwich is a very good scent memory for me, I always had to improvise & use dollar store supplies when I was beginning to do rituals years ago

CARNATION ~ Power, energy, protection. Fascination, admiration.

NEROLI ~ Sensual, relieves tension & anxiety; quells apprehension, encourages a shy lover, confidence building.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

CIVET ~ Musk derived from civet cats, now illegal except in synthetic form. Considered a strong aphrodisiac, has an intense, animal, 'sexual' aroma.

WHITE MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

So with an in-depth examination of the ingredients, I see I've amped the florals in this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I was excited too try out the Neroli in this. I was happy that my nose could pick it out, but the carnations wanted all the attention and were a bit obnoxious on me. I get a bit of smokeyness as well, possibly from the civet? I'm not going to pretend that I know :heart106: A feminine but punky scent. I gave it to the roommate because she seemed to like it. I'd call her feminine and punky too!

Hi,

I got it in sample. initially it is of smoky family. likes the verhext & spontaneous combustion. it gives lot of smoky feeling maybe with civet.then it gives flowry & tangy aroma. all this with a liitle sweetness, in the very background. it just balances the civet & smoke and musky aroma. i have noticed if i sniff it too much, i get a kind of urge to contract myself down there, in fact it just starts to contract & relax and again contract & relax..... weard but something is there which triggers sex... for sure, on me at least., i will get it for sure, in full bottle sometime. it does help in setting happy tone to the mood also. i was kind of PMS y(not actually pms but mood kinda pms y), & i applied 2 drops on wrists & rubbed. it balanced me out.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, this thread is sure hard to find! It's not coming up at all in my searches? Oh well, after scanning through several pages of review sections I managed to locate it. This is very pink and florally on me, and I get the light honey from it too. There is a little musk and civet in the background, which personally I would prefer weren't there, but it doesn't detract from the fragrance too much. It's a nice enough pink scent, but being a Pink Sugar obsessee I have to guiltily admit I probably do not prefer it to Aquolina... it is just a little too florally for me, and the musk makes it a bit soapy, like I've just used a nicely scented soap on my hands. It's still pretty nice though.

I got this as a sample and amped the neroli like crazy. (got it in trade) Not a keeper for me either but I like to try those out of my "comfort zone" so I don't have all the SAME stuff in my arsenal

• 7 months later...

It IS a difficult thread to find, because you can't search a three-letter word! Just got a sample of this today (thank you, Raq!) and am wildly suprised how great it is. I adore carnation scents, and this one did not disappoint. I get primarily carnation and an almost incense scent at first, which is probably the civet. It took quite a while for the pink sugar to morph to the front. After about ten minutes, the carnation/civet took a back seat to the girly-girl part of the mix. On final dry down, all the notes are in play. I wish the carnation/civet had stayed around longer!

I WANT this! I'm going to try it boosted with something, maybe LFM/LFN or Heart&Soul.

ETA: Raq, I just read your posting right before mine -- this is the same sample vial, isn't it! Too funny!!

Edited by Just Ducky

I got a sample of this a while back too. It's very pretty, but unfortunately carnation doesn't like me. Gave me a whopper of a headache. :( That made me sad, 'cause I do like the scent. But I'm glad to have learned that carnation might be a no-no note for me.

Anyone who does like carnation might be happy to know that Pom Pom Nom Nom *really* sticks around. Really. I tried my damnedest to get it off, but it stuck around for-EVER. I'd have been overjoyed about that had it been a scent that doesn't poke me in the third eye!

Anything you're specifically looking for trade-wise? I like carnation and have been meaning to sample this.

• 4 months later...

I got a sniffie of this today, and I'm very happy because I've been wanting to try one of LPMP's carnation scents.

Initially, I did get the spiciness of the carnation, mixed with musk. It is very light and wears close to the skin. It's probably the carnation, but to me it smells like carnation, white musk, with a very-light dusting of cinnamon on top. This is both exotic (like a soap from the Indian market--except they never smell this good) and

yet innocent. If I had to put the age range on this, I would say this is a good starter perfume for a young woman/teenager (ha, because of the cheerleaders

on the label artwork) who's starting to branch out. Though, honestly, I could see this as a good daily perfume for many (if it works for you) because I could see it being good in the workplace and also at home. Personally, this one wears a bit too close for me (six inches or less), and after about forty minutes (though it was a small application) it goes a bit "planty" rather than flower-y on me, and then turns into just a smidge of musk and sugar.

Beccah already posted the scent notes but I love the bright pink of the label so wanted to post that :)

AD-PomNom_1.jpg

p.s. I'm going back and now reading everyone else's notes on this (didn't want to bias myself) so I'm surprised this went crazy in your face on Eggers. I will be testing this again and maybe if I use up the entire sniffy, it will be the type of loud (without stabbing me in the eye) perfume that I favor.

Wow, this thread is sure hard to find! It's not coming up at all in my searches?

ha, ha, ha. I had the same issue. "hmmm, how to search for Pom Pom Nom Nom. Google? Nope, reviews don't show up." *thinksthinksthinks* "I know!* *types carnation and sees what comes up*

bingo!

I like this one! I think I get mostly carnation, but it has a smokey quality also. This is my favorite pink sugar scent from LP that I've tried so far. :)

You know, even though it's still in it's "planty" stage, I agree with the smokey adjective. It's a little bit too sweet for a cologne, but now I'm wondering about carnations on a man. Have there been any LP colognes with carnation done?

Edited by MissHazel

Not specifically for men, I don't think. There are a few unisex but the only male scents with floral notes that I know of are Boddice Ripper, Top Dog, and Shade and I don't believe any of them have carnation. But a guy could wear Evil in Carnation, of course.

gives me an excuse to try to get that bottle since if it doesn't work on me, I can get it on the boyfriend or boyfriend's best friend (who's not a budding addict after MVP worked SO well for him.)

This scent is so slutty it made me feel like I was doing some kind of Pom Pom girl roll play all day long. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Seriously.. all Civet, musk and pink carnation. The Neroli and honey give it depth. The white musk 'tries' to clean things up a bit.

It's horney cheerleader in a bottle....seemed to leave an impression tho. ;-)

If you like fun, totally original, novelty, sex scents, this will do it. Bold. All you need is a bottle of Strawberry Boon's Farm to do it right.

Edited by StacyK

• 5 months later...

Nor sure why I thought this was GGG. Got a little sniffy and LOVED it. Then saw it while traipsing through the site for goodies :cat690: BAM - FULL BOTTLE! Cannot wait to get my piddies on it and slather away...lured in but yet ANOTHER sniffy! :Emoticons04263:

• 9 months later...

For some reason I remember, from my one testing a LONG time ago, that this scent was very sweet and candy-like. I don't know if I'm remembering wrong, or if my skin chemistry/tastes have changed, but it is nothing like that now! I could detect something spicy, which I'm sure was the carnation, but it wasn't overly-floral on me. Overall, sadly, I didn't like this. When it dried down the honey definitely came out, and honey almost always smells really dirty on me, so then this happened:

This scent is so slutty it made me feel like I was doing some kind of Pom Pom girl roll play all day long. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Seriously.. all Civet, musk and pink carnation. The Neroli and honey give it depth. The white musk 'tries' to clean things up a bit.
It's horney cheerleader in a bottle....seemed to leave an impression tho. ;-)
If you like fun, totally original, novelty, sex scents, this will do it. Bold. All you need is a bottle of Strawberry Boon's Farm to do it right.

Sad, but I really only have a sniffy anyway.

Yea I still stand behind my original comment but I have a bottle... it's a fun, youthful, smutty floral. The civet has aged somewhat, which has added depth.

Hmm, I remember the sniffie being sweet and candy like too and while there's still something decidedly sugary (honey/carnation?) it's definitely got a bit more "slinky" to it now than I first remember...I still like it though ^_^ I DO believe it's the civet being naughty....There's this vague Jouir De recollection without being actually anything alike....honey....civet....

• 9 months later...

Tried this today and so happy I did!

I'm a huge fan of spicy carnation so I went into this with high expectations. At first, I got spicy carnation and smoke (which I am going to assume is the civit). Another big smell was a caramel type of smell (the sugars and honeys mixed) which was sort of artificial smelling and I was worried that was going to stay. I applied this at about 8 am.

At 1:30 pm, I huffed my wrist. On my wrist, this has mellowed out to a sweet honey powder with a titsch of musk and a whisper of the carnation spice. Even more astounding is that I had also applied in my cleavage. A fellow "scientist" agreed to smell there and said it smells like those candy necklaces you buy at little league games---powdered sugar and a very faint floral. Who would have known that this would smell different in two places on my body? It doesn't have a lot of throw, maybe 2 inches off my wrist. But its very calming and centering to me and perfect for sitting in my office feeling good and mellow.

Not only do I really like this for a soft, powder, daytime scent but I also discovered I LIKE having fellow scientists sniff my cleavage! A double win for me!

Not only do I really like this for a soft, powder, daytime scent but I also discovered I LIKE having fellow scientists sniff my cleavage! A double win for me!

:lol:Here's to science! :cheers04251: