Luna's Sungold Mocha

Invidiana

Luna iz teh ebil mak me smell liek sexeh Starbux. ;)

Forgive me for ripping off Marcy Playground in that subtitle; that song was the first thing that came to mind when I smelled this and I just thought it reflected it in a (very condensed) nutshell anyway, but it's so much more than just any old coffee scent. It's like everything warm and inviting and delicious and sensual all rolled into one and bottled up into one hell of a nosegasm. Wet I get more of the coffee, but as it dries down the other glorious layers elevate it to a whole other level. The coffee and bittersweet dark chocolate--it really is thick and dark, and you don't find too many really dark chocolate notes around--are most prominent in the beginning and delicious on their own, but then that ridiculously indlugent brown sugar caramel and amber, plus the sexy, sticky tartness of the apricot have me huffing my arm like mad. It also has a very golden feeling, like a really richly colored late summer sunset, perfect for the end of summer through all of autumn (and beyond--this is very "me"). Altogether it's just the perfect melange of all these scents, very well blended; I don't get anything stealing the show, just everything working in perfect harmony to create a delicious and very tantalizing effect. Luna, thank you for sharing a part of your epic trilogy with us; the next chapter focuses on how I'm going to unstick my nose from that spot on my arm... :great:

Edited by Invidiana

Gads, I just had to remark on teh loves for your title, and glad to see it was intended and acknowledged, so I don't feel to silly singin in mah head, 'I smell sex a-aand-- co-offee, heee-ahh... who's that loungin...[smellin all sexay starbucks, apparently] heh

Luna iz teh ebil mak me smell liek sexeh Starbux. ;)

Forgive me for ripping off Marcy Playground in that subtitle; that song was the first thing that came to mind when I smelled this and I just thought it reflected it in a (very condensed) nutshell anyway, but it's so much more than just any old coffee scent. It's like everything warm and inviting and delicious and sensual all rolled into one and bottled up into one hell of a nosegasm. Wet I get more of the coffee, but as it dries down the other glorious layers elevate it to a whole other level. The coffee and bittersweet dark chocolate--it really is thick and dark, and you don't find too many really dark chocolate notes around--are most prominent in the beginning and delicious on their own, but then that ridiculously indlugent brown sugar caramel and amber, plus the sexy, sticky tartness of the apricot have me huffing my arm like mad. It also has a very golden feeling, like a really richly colored late summer sunset, perfect for the end of summer through all of autumn (and beyond--this is very "me"). Altogether it's just the perfect melange of all these scents, very well blended; I don't get anything stealing the show, just everything working in perfect harmony to create a delicious and very tantalizing effect. Luna, thank you for sharing a part of your epic trilogy with us; the next chapter focuses on how I'm going to unstick my nose from that spot on my arm... :great:

Edited by kblazin

Wow, can't even edit my posts. Now I feel way TOO silly, and am super eager for MR to end... is it that time yet? Gonna check that thread... But, this scent does sound intriguing. I just fell in love with a certain other coffee-based-scent that shall not be named for fear of GGG but it is soon to be regularly slathered on DH...

Gads, I just had to remark on teh loves for your title, and glad to see it was intended and acknowledged, so I don't feel to silly singin in mah head, 'I smell sex a-aand-- co-offee, heee-ahh... who's that loungin...[smellin all sexay starbucks, apparently] heh

YAY! that it is yummy (although I never had a doubt) but WAAH! I don't have my sampler yet! Looking forward to slathering this and trying not to lick myself, lol.

What an awesome description!! Now I'm twice as excited to get mine, I just know I'll adore it.

What a nice review Invidiana. I was on the fence about buying this one but I think I am convinced. I love a coffee scent and it sounds like the other elements add to it nicely. Do you think this would be a good Autumn or Winter scent?

It's an awesome autumn/winter scent! I feel it both reflects the blazing colors of autumn and has envelops you in a sort of golden warmth, which is perfect for when it's zero degrees outside. Hope this helps!

Oh I got mah order today...but I was too busy licking myself silly too review!!

Ah well yes.....that does happen sometimes. :Hug_emoticon:

Edited by Invidiana

After using my scrub yesterday, I think I need at least a sample of this to try

HAH...I used my scrub yesterday too.I really like to use it on my face and have been keeping it in the freezer :) ...I ordered a sample as a forum freebie on my last order,I hope it ships soon,I so want to try it to see if I need a bottle,it sounds yum :Hug_emoticon:

HAH...I used my scrub yesterday too.I really like to use it on my face and have been keeping it in the freezer :) ...I ordered a sample as a forum freebie on my last order,I hope it ships soon,I so want to try it to see if I need a bottle,it sounds yum :Hug_emoticon:

I know, I think I made a mistake with my sample choices. Oh well, hopefully it hangs around until next month

I love coffee scents...I have a bunch, but yes, this is the scent of the scrub: that deep dark chocolate coffee (quoting myself) and it mellows to a coffee amber (which is also a delightful thing). But the apricot doesn't stick on me so much so I'm thinking this might need to rest before I try it again. I had to shake the bejeezus out of it to get the apricot to pop up in the first place. But either way I'm proud, so proud, of my little coffee that could. *sniff*

*edit*

Okay, the apricot actually comes out more in the drydown, and that makes me happy!

Edited by luna65

I HAVE ONLY ONE WORD AND THAT WORD IS ZOMG.

OK, that's a lie- I have more. It smells VERY different on me than in the bottle, where it has a flat, fake chocolatey smell - I was worried. But on, it blooms and every note booms out richly. Terrific- wish I'd boosted it with something, maybe BI.

I am not one that enjoys coffee anything. I have yet to smell a coffee note that worked with my skin. Until now, that is. This is fantastically smooth and the coffee is completely behind the scenes. More a feeling of caffeine than the actual smell of coffee. What my skin pulls out is the chocolate and the apricot. A wonderfully seductive mix. Very nicely done Luna!

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely write reviews, but I am compelled to on this one. I ordered this unsniffed because I just had a feeling it would be something I'd like. This is luscious. My nose is not sufficiently trained yet to tell you what notes come out, but I will try.

Dry, I smell a little bit of coffee (not too much) with a mixture of apricot and dark chocolatey caramel. I do think the coffee is kind of in the background. There really isn't one part of the scent that is overpowering though. This is just heavenly. It really is a nicely seductive scent. Wow!

• 3 months later...

I got this as a free forum sample freebie! THANKYOU!

The scent totally surprised me! WOW! It is a VERY PRETTY fragrance, a VERY elegant scent!! I did get the mocha flavour when wet on my skin but when it dried I get sweet fruity floral, a bit of musk? and no more coffee/ chocolatey scent!! <_<

This is a VERY successful fragrance! I LOVE IT! :D It's beautiful :D This is a scent that i will wear EVERYDAY!!! :shocked:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I owe this one a review since I have been huffing it like a junkie for the past several weeks. It's glorious. The beginning is bitter and dark with the coffee and dark chocolate blending beautifully. The next stage I get coffee and maybe apricot and the smooth amber coming out to play. By the drydown it's just thick, smooth almost creamy goodness. It's so well blended. The drydown is my fav and I am slightly obsessed with it. I still get the coffee/chocolate a little and the amber is to die for. If anyone is on the fence for this one, get it before the sale is over, it's soooo worth it. For what it's worth, I love the smell of coffee but usually don't want to smell like it myself, this fragrance completely changed my mind about that. Fan-freaking-tastic.

I wouldn't think that apricot would go well with chocolate and coffee, but somehow it works!

Yeah you know it does kind of make you go "Wha?" conceptually but apricot + chocolate is totally delish, one of my favorite layerings with the Sugareds is Sugared Apricot/Valentine's Chocolate, and that's where the idea originally came from.

• 2 weeks later...

This was awesome when first applied, and all through the wet stage. But within 30-45 mins, it is almost completely gone from my skin :( I can get just a teensy bit of chocolate if I press my nose against my arm...

• 4 weeks later...

OMG This is my new OBSESSION! This is warm and sexxxxxy. It's almost like chocolate covered coffee ,but really exotic expensive coffee. This made me feel very sassy and sexy and very very happy! I am s glad I grabbed a sample of this and gave it a shot, Does this have cherry in it , It's almost like a sweet fruit or sexy chocalate covered coffee fruity rose. I ADORE this and want it. This is on my list for sure. This is bumping Licorice Wands. Damn I need this.

I could not stop sniffing myself. It's PERFECT!!! This is La Fleur's Yang. I need this. It's a pair. I have to have. This made my top Five but I think it's Top 3 FO SHO

OMG This is my new OBSESSION! This is warm and sexxxxxy. It's almost like chocolate covered coffee ,but really exotic expensive coffee. This made me feel very sassy and sexy and very very happy! I am s glad I grabbed a sample of this and gave it a shot, Does this have cherry in it , It's almost like a sweet fruit or sexy chocalate covered coffee fruity rose. I ADORE this and want it. This is on my list for sure. This is bumping Licorice Wands. Damn I need this.

I could not stop sniffing myself. It's PERFECT!!! This is La Fleur's Yang. I need this. It's a pair. I have to have. This made my top Five but I think it's Top 3 FO SHO

I know! I was obsessed with it for the whole month of August. I am in love with the dry down. I think you are smelling the apricot. I don't know why this one isn't sold out. So glad I have a bottle.

• 1 month later...

tried this for the first time today.

wow.

my skin amps apricot, I knew this when I went nuts for Hamentaschen.

but THIS

apricot alllll the way at first.

within 10 minutes,chocolate and coffee take the lead ever so slightly with apricot coming in third.

this was exceptionally yummy and still not too foody/sticky....cocoa-pretty.

• 4 months later...

I got a bottle through a trade as I curious how a deep dark chocolate and coffee sits on my skin, especially since I haven't had much luck with chocolate scents. On wet, I got lots of chocolate and some coffee. It's a very dark and rich chocolate. Within an hour after application, the intense chocolate coffee aroma gave way to the apricot. I wish the chocolate coffee scent returns. But even it doesn't, I still like this. Thanks Luna and Mara for this fantastic scent! I'd have to look out for more of such scents in the future!

• 4 months later...

I was greatly surprised that my sis likes this. She found the concept of having coffee/chocolate mixed into a perfume "really interesting". After all, she is a fruit and flora scent gal like myself before I found LP. I guess she liked this as she is a gourmet coffee drinker as for me, I am a chocoholic. I can't wait to hear if the coffee lasts on her.

• 1 month later...