Caramel Sutra

luna65

AD-CaramelSutra_1.jpg

Caramel Sutra

This is our ode to all things exotic, tempting and delicious…imagine the thickest delectable caramel poured over other sweet treats mingling with the captivating scent of luxuriously ornate Indian attars…well dream no more, because we’ve made it just for you! (Okay we made it for us, but this is too good not to share!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
CHOCOLATE FUDGE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
HONEYCOMB ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
WOOD & ROOT ATTAR ~ Protection, love, success, power.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My first impression: a belly dancer dipped in caramel. Oooh, sticky!

I've been pondering if this makes me think of Majmua Sultana, and ultimately...not really. There's a similarity of philosophy, I suppose, but to me this is a much more traditional type of attar blend, but definitely more on the deep side. The sweet notes for me linger at the edges while the musk, amber and attar blend take center stage very quickly. But the first five minutes or so is a smoky caramel that I love so much...*drools*

Maybe another analogy is incense burning in a candy store.

A guy who is not afraid of sweet notes could definitely wear this, I think, if they like that kind of blend, since it's not floral. You could definitely lure someone with this scent, you'd be like a djinn with candied flesh. :666:

In the bottle : a rich, full, dense, chewy smell, a bit reminiscent of Treacle Trollop.

On : wet : big blast of caramel

Drying: my skin devoured everything but the attar :Hug_emoticon: my skin and I have had this conversation many times, and I never learn:

Me: LIKE THIS RESIN, DAMMIT!

Skin: NO!

:'( may need to trade...

I have to admit that I don't look at the notes at all when I review these so that I can give a straight and unbiased review. That said, this one is not at all floral to me. It is a chewier sweetness that has deep dark undertones. It is not, however, candy sweet. The sweetness isn't syrupy or too sticky, but more of a subtle and meatier sweetness. It definately has a smoky note to it. When it dries down, my skin seems to amp tobacco and smoke. I am not sure which one I am getting, but one of those is coming through. It is a more masculine scent that would work very well for a strong woman or a softer man. I say softer man because of the sweet aspect. This is not one that would make me think of a Harley ridin' kind of man, but more of a sultry pair of sexy jeans about to possibly hit the floor kind of man.

• 3 weeks later...

I so enjoy reading everyones descriptions,and I envy the talent.

I still have not progressed much beyond..I like it,or it makes me smile :001_302: I do think I have the brown sugar/caramel smell down at least,as to me this smells like Mara's Rocket Fuel.

Hmmm... Sounds like one I may have to at least get a sample of to see if I could pull it off.

I got one of these bottles unsniffed thinking it would be my perfect sexy, naughty caramel scent. Unfortunately that loveaffair was not to be :P There must be a touch of honey in this one & sadly I amp it to horrific levels...and even small amounts of honey on me leads to badness....

• 3 weeks later...

I've tended to shy away from foody sents (I was a rabid anti-foodite). However, LPMP is conveting me! I would have thought this would have been over the top goopey sweet, but it's really nice! It's delicious, but light enough to wear anywhere, including work. Lurv!

Quince made the face and started muttering about "bloody head shoppe" but I dabbed him with a bit of this on Friday and it was yummy! Guys, seriously, you know we love you to smell yummy so you can do this for us once in a while, it won't hurt...unless you want it to. :)

• 8 months later...

Wow...has anyone tried this lately? ...gosh it has aged beautifuly...I still get the MRF *vibe*

;)

ETA::

Caramel, vanilla fudge, brown sugar and honeycomb are seduced by India-sourced Arabian musk and Indian amber resin, then given further enchantment with an India-sourced African wood & root attar...this luscious mix might inspire a few sensual aphorisms of your own!

Edited by Calii

Oh I really want to try this now.

(makes a note for my next order)

Ohhh,I am so glad this came up in the MRF thread,not only is this gorgeous,but it lasted on me for hours and hours,I could still faintly smell it early this morning ;) I hope you love it !

Me too. It's going to have to wait for a bit though. Unless someone has one they want to swap for something?

• 1 month later...

Wet: this is nice carmel yet not-especially foody. Darker and deeper than most of my vanilla category with /a sexy, smokey quality/. An edge. For the days when I don't want to be gooey sweet. However, after time in the dry down it gets too smokey for my tastes. Darn skin

• 7 months later...

I'm always terrified of anything that lists resins and attars in the notes, because I amp dark, musky, heavy notes more than anything else, and these are the notes that tend to make me feel ill. I prefer lighter, sweeter, less complicated scents than you normally get with resiny, head-shoppy kinds of perfumes. Caramel and brown sugars also have a habit of becoming sickly and over-bearing on my skin.

Caramel Sutra sounded like exactly the wrong scent for me.

But you know what? It's completely different from what I expected! The sweetness tones down as soon as it hits my skin to something that's more of an impression than a strong note. I get an odd celery type note which I sometimes get with caramels, but it's not an overpowering smell. All in all, it settles down to a very subtle scent, dry, faintly resiny, almost woody, with just a touch of caramel sweetness. This is the type of resiny scent that I adore - not in your face, not fussy, not aggressive. It's a slinky skin scent that's really going to work for me on days I don't want to smell like candy, but something more sophisticated and mysterious.

I'm going to have to nab me a bottle of this!

• 5 months later...

At first I was a bit worried when I ordered this w/cops during the recent sale, but it's not even noticeable straight from the bottle. I kind of wish there was an OCCO Caramel due to that. So it's true after all, nearly anything super sweet and sugary covers copulins very well-or this is just because I asked for it to be more subtle. :P

Sadly, there aren't many bottles of this left, so I'm really hoping that LPMP will brew a new Caramel or Burnt Sugar fragrance soon (I know, they have Caramel Musk, but I don't expect it to be around for long either-I also don't think Flambe really counts either, at least when it comes to the type I'm looking for).

Edited by Queen of Swords

• 1 month later...

YUM! Had this on yesterday! This was one I loved at first sniff, bottle on the list type reaction. I'm seeing the pattern that if there's a combo of honey & amber I seem to be drawn to it. It lasted on me forever. I like the brown sugar and caramel too, it gave a lasting sweetness but not overbearing. This is definitely a yummy foodie smell with a bonus, sweet AND rich AND decadent! GrrrRuff!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Wow...has anyone tried this lately? ...gosh it has aged beautifuly...I still get the MRF *vibe*

:Sexy:

ETA::

Caramel, vanilla fudge, brown sugar and honeycomb are seduced by India-sourced Arabian musk and Indian amber resin, then given further enchantment with an India-sourced African wood & root attar...this luscious mix might inspire a few sensual aphorisms of your own!

So, in the interest of my imaginary theme, "What Luna Is Wearing," day 1, how might one imitate this? Leaving TMI out of the equation, which current vanillas and honeys and musks and resins would you choose?

OCCO white or Ebilish? Wicked, spontaneous combustion, Sugared amber? Out of this World Musk? Double O? That Kind of Girl?

I know it's not possible to actually recreate it but I want to play knock-off science this am.

Edited by Eastwood22