Almost Time For Halloweenies!

Beccah

Oh me, oh my it's almost time for our favorite time @ LP...Halloweenies!!!!

:pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin: :UkkiBannana::witchnaner::banana091::banana088::banana002::mad-scientist: :banana130: :bugs_015::hi::banana124::banana120::sorcerer::hallo1ween::Mara_makin_Magick:

So now that I've went properly insane with the emoticons...

I can't wait for teh pumpkin, pumpkin, & more pumpkin!!!!

How does a pumpkin-based scent smell like?

It depends, usually pumpkin-based scents are accords. They might be buttery or spicy or plant-like, it's all down to the type used.

It depends, usually pumpkin-based scents are accords. They might be buttery or spicy or plant-like, it's all down to the type used.

& don't forget they are just AWESOME, lol. @ JOC do you have a sample of Carolyn's Man Nip, there's a bit of pumpkin in that one. Pumpkin fall scents also (in general) smell like pumpkin pie.

:surprised: YAY!!! I can't wait to see em!!! :pumpkin:

& don't forget they are just AWESOME, lol. @ JOC do you have a sample of Carolyn's Man Nip, there's a bit of pumpkin in that one. Pumpkin fall scents also (in general) smell like pumpkin pie.

No, I don't have Carolyn's Man Nip. Back home, we do not eat pumpkin on a regular basis. I get lots of this here and while I was living in Seoul. Maybe it's the weather.

As for pumpkin pie, hmmm, I haven't tasted one .... (I can see you guys shaking your heads, rolling your eyes in disbelief and even falling off your chairs) ... I don't care for warm dessert (apple cinnamon, apple pie, crepe, etc) as I prefer ice-cream or cakes if I want a dessert.

No, I don't have Carolyn's Man Nip. Back home, we do not eat pumpkin on a regular basis. I get lots of this here and while I was living in Seoul. Maybe it's the weather.

As for pumpkin pie, hmmm, I haven't tasted one .... (I can see you guys shaking your heads, rolling your eyes in disbelief and even falling off your chairs) ... I don't care for warm dessert (apple cinnamon, apple pie, crepe, etc) as I prefer ice-cream or cakes if I want a dessert.

:surprised: Definitely a monthly sampler for you this time missy!

(I can see you guys shaking your heads, rolling your eyes in disbelief and even falling off your chairs)

Nah, knowing where you're from it's not that shocking. :surprised:

Nah, knowing where you're from it's not that shocking. :pumpkin:

You're sooooo understanding ......

:surprised:

BTW, I like the cold smooth mashed pumpkin they serve in the Korean restuarants. I usually finish up my kids' servings.

The other thing which I have escaped from is carrot cake. I'm old school. The good old chocolate cake will do fine for me. Tell me what I've been missing all my life .........

Well, for the record... Pumpkin pie is fantastic cold with some almost frozen whip cream on top. Try it that way... Or try pumpkin cake. That is fantastic too, especially with cream cheese frosting....

If you can scramble a sample of last year's autumnal equinox, it had some pumpkin in it...

Edited by sultry brunette

You guys are killing me with this cake/pie talk!! I haven't even gotten a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte yet, sheesh!

JOC, another really good seasonal pie here (can also be served cold with whipped topping) is sweet potato. Mmmm, similar to the pumpkin pie.

If it was only cooler here I'd bake tonight!

potato-pie-ck-1134062-l.jpg

You guys are killing me with this cake/pie talk!! I haven't even gotten a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte yet, sheesh!

I had one on Friday! And one of those pumpkin muffins too.

I had one on Friday! And one of those pumpkin muffins too.

Me too! Had to drive 20 minutes, but so worth it!

JOC, a well-done carrot cake is one of the chief pleasures of existence.

Oh yesss yesss :lol: ...made with freshly grated sweet carrots,walnuts,raisins,pineapple and thick cream cheese frosting....damn the calories,full speed ahead :666:

JOC, another really good seasonal pie here (can also be served cold with whipped topping) is sweet potato. Mmmm, similar to the pumpkin pie.

If it was only cooler here I'd bake tonight!

potato-pie-ck-1134062-l.jpg

Sweet Potato is my favorite....I'm actually addicted to the spice mix that flavors the pies, but the sweet potato has subtly different texture that gives it a nice enhancement. Another pie that is unexpectedly delicious is bean pie! I dated a boy whose parents were muslim (african-american) & his mom would make it. Given my hatred of beans, she had a difficult time convincing me to try it. After I did I was addicted, lol.

Sweet Potato is my favorite....I'm actually addicted to the spice mix that flavors the pies, but the sweet potato has subtly different texture that gives it a nice enhancement. Another pie that is unexpectedly delicious is bean pie! I dated a boy whose parents were muslim (african-american) & his mom would make it. Given my hatred of beans, she had a difficult time convincing me to try it. After I did I was addicted, lol.

Ohh, what kind of bean is that? I love sweet red bean (azuki) paste in pastries or mochi!

Ohh, what kind of bean is that? I love sweet red bean (azuki) paste in pastries or mochi!

I forgot about those cookies (yummy)! It was a navy bean pie.

Oh y'all are killing me! Weenies!!!!! YAAAAAAYYY! Do we get any chocolates and spices and creamy dark resinous YUM...? 019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.com].gif I am a total newb here...treat me gently...

ETA: ACK!!! Just found the thread! ***runs off to read, grinning wildly*** ;)

Edited by ElizabethOSP