Love Potion®: Autumnal Equinox 2010

katz

I was worried the apricot would jump out too much (as it usually does on my skin) but I'm getting *spices* and pumpkin and vanilla ohmygoodness! So glad this is the one I plunged and went full bottle on!

I knew it, katz! I'm scoring me a bottle (or two) and getting this in a massage oil. Nom!

Not normally a fan of pumpkin scents (pumpkin is one of the things that can occasionally amp to uncomfortable levels on me), but THIS.....I LIKE!!! The pumpkin is not overpowering at all....it is more of a creamy scent, with a little spice.....and I can DEFINITELY smell the LP base in the background.....absolutely lovely!!

Updating......GOTTA HAVE A BOTTLE OF THIS!!!!!!

Edited by Dolly

I think I need to get a bottle of this too. Dolly's description is very close to what I smell when it dries down on me. The pumpkin is beautiful. I very much like this one. :lol:

We must have similar chemistries!

YUM ! this smell exactly as I hoped it would ! Glad I bought a full sz btl !!

So from the reviews so far, this sounds like a favorite. My daughter called dibbs on "I scream for Halloween". I new she would, but I may have to go home and put some of this on at lunch.

So from the reviews so far, this sounds like a favorite. My daughter called dibbs on "I scream for Halloween". I new she would, but I may have to go home and put some of this on at lunch.

Ack ,I am waiting for a review of I S F H ...I was not sure which one to get a full bottle of,but figured the LP EQX would last till next order...hope I am right,it sounds soooo good <sigh>

For me this is most like LP Original on my skin, with some fall touches. The vanilla and cream aspects are very present in the vial but not on my skin...the apricot and pumpkin make this really bright and warm, and the LP base with the spices gives it a nice autumnal aura, but somewhat different from previous variants. I'm hoping with age this might become more creamy for me because I really love that quality in other versions.

*edit*

In the final drydown I get more of the creamy vanilla characteristic, but the fruit is still fairly strong on me.

Edited by luna65

Mine is at the Post Office & is coming today!!!! YAAAAAY~

Mine is on it's way :)

I won't be picking it up until Tuesday,but just knowing it is coming is a real woo-hoo that I know we can all relate too ;)

Wow! I'm so glad I bought a bottle of this unsniffed! I get a slight boozy feel from this, a lot like hard cider. It mellows nicely & during the drydown, the spices come out & it almost smells spicy caramel apple on me. Such a great fall scent, & I can so wear this to work...

Bravo! Potion Mistress!

• 1 month later...

K I have my samp on today & oh my this one is almost as smutty as LP Red on me. It smells like pumkin flavored sexxay on me, lol. Very naughty & I bet it would take cops well.

• 3 weeks later...

Eeeesh! I never reviewed this, and I *LOVE* it!!! I get a rich, warm, sweet, somewhat creamy, brown sugar and candyish feel from this. It's perfect. It's comforting. I smell like I've been making really good butterscotch fudge or something. SWOON!!! Oh, and it grew on me. I liked it at first, then noticed I was going back to it a lot, then decided I couldn't *live* without a full bottle. Heh!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is one that I love more in the vial than on me. In the vial, it smells like LP Original with pumpkin (which I love). However, once on my skin, it is very similar to LP Black (which is not one of my faves)

And of course, I slathered this morning. I don't think this is going to help my headache :(

• 5 months later...

This is one of those I got as a sample when I first joined the forum back in January, and it's one of the samples I never used because I loved it so much, and didn't want to use it until I *knew* I had a bottle on the way. I finally got a bottle a couple of weeks ago, and it's been quite chilly here for the last few days, so I broke it out last night as my first concession to autumn being on its way.

I love the scent. It's warm and pumpkin-y and vanilla-y and just a touch spicy. It's a real comforting scent that I can see myself wearing a lot of. BF wasn't crazy about it, but I'd imagine that with a little "positive reinforcement" ;) that he'll learn to love it as much as I do. It projects very well, but it didn't last overly long. Most LPs last on me until well into the next day. I can still smell it on last night's clothes, but not at all on my skin, which made me sad. This would have been a beautiful scent to wake up to. :)

I finally got my FB of this in the sale. I don't know why in the hell I waited so long, the sample was one of my faves. I think it resembles LP Red on me, but Michael doesn't really favor LP Red and he loves this one so I guess it doesn't really. I love it so. He chose it out of all my samples two years ago to wear for New Years in Newport Beach so it already has a nice scent memory attached.

I am waiting for it to be a little cooler before I start slathering, I got mine boosted with cops to up the sexay factor even more!!

Of course, all the LP variants wear as popularity potions so it will be a party scent probably with Topper for me!

I finally got my FB of this in the sale. I don't know why in the hell I waited so long, the sample was one of my faves. I think it resembles LP Red on me, but Michael doesn't really favor LP Red and he loves this one so I guess it doesn't really. I love it so. He chose it out of all my samples two years ago to wear for New Years in Newport Beach so it already has a nice scent memory attached.

I am waiting for it to be a little cooler before I start slathering, I got mine boosted with cops to up the sexay factor even more!!

Of course, all the LP variants wear as popularity potions so it will be a party scent probably with Topper for me!

Good idea! I got my bottle boosted with PP (think I forgot to mention that when I reviewed) & I find that I haven't even cracked it! Silly me, lol. I think it's because I have SO many LPs that I just plain forget about some of them (even if I love them). I'm getting better, though, I stopped myself from adding Humidity to the collection (I don't think it would get any love) just to *have* it. I need to wear this one & I love your idea of trying it with Topper :girlHeart-5:

Oh Yeah! You could wear your PP boosted one topped with Topper...oh My! Now there is a bottle o' party!!!

Haha, right! My social life has been very low key lately, so that must be why I haven't even thought about it. What the hell, though? I've been reaching for Red, just because, might as well reach for this one. Except, Red is permanent & I only got one bottle of this :'(