Scarlet Leaf

Dolly

AD-ScarletLeaf.jpg

Scarlet Leaf

The season taken sensuous form: a trio of tart pomegranate drips scarlet upon deep rich cocoa absolute and Indian patchouli then winds down a path of warm slightly spiced autumn woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
POMEGRANATE ~ Divination, luck, wishes granted, wealth, fertility.
COCOA ABSOLUTE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
WOODS ~ Love, spreads an exotic aura, mystery, darkness. Enhances psychic powers, healing, divination, luck, protection.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
SPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, this one has me sniffing away with total abandon! I love it......chocolatey (but not foody), woody (but not masculine), spice, and patchouli in the background.....I don't get much of the pomegranate per se, but there is a little tang of a fruity "bite" every now and then....I really am loving this.....

Our skins are so different, Dolly! On me this is brightly tart and fruity, with hints of earthy patchouli and chocolate. Still *very* intriguing, very neat scent.

Yeah, skin chemistry is a bizarre thing! JoAnna and I have VERY SIMILAR chemistry (it's scary sometimes), but yours and mine are like polar opposites!

As Mara pointed out in another thread, there is a similar aura between Scarlet Leaf and Blood Martini, but just a "feel" rather than the actual ingredients. For me this is perfectly balanced between the two elements: the bright tang of the pomegranate and the dark depth of the woods, patchouli and spices, with the cocoa absolute giving it a smooth rich finish.

Love it! Blood Martini fans (especially the original version) should definitely try this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've never tried Blood Martini, but I love, love, love this one. In the vial I wasn't digging @ all! To me chocolate & fruit = 'tootsie pop' mentally. However on the skin it morphed into something very complex & sophisticated. I am amping the pomegranate & I'm ok with that. Love.

• 2 weeks later...

I primarly get tart fruit from the pom. I'd like to get some more of the woods and cocoa, but they seem to be eluding me right now. Pretty, though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This one is funny: At first I thought it wasn't quite "me," but then I tried it a couple more times and realized I just need it to dry down a while. I get a bit too much pomegranate at first, but when it dries, it's BEAUTIFUL! Nice and rich and it screams FALL! *happy sigh*

• 10 months later...

I just got my order, and OMFG. I love, love, love, love this one. LOVE. The chocolate is dark, rich, and with the tangy pom - turns into burgundy, melding together in a very deep, slow waltz, with a touch of warmth in the background from patchouli and the woods. This is like a candlelit ball for two in the autumn forest. I may have to get an extra bottle of this.

• 7 months later...

This is chocolatey, fruity and incensey. Dark, rich and deep. It is very interesting but I feel it goes a bit too perfumey on me. Also not sure what to make of the chocolate in amongst the other scents - I love both chocolate and fruit, but not together. I think I might be amping the patchouli a bit too much as well.

• 1 year later...

I slathered this on when my other cover scent wore off and ugh its pointy and killing me!

Im getting the candle section during christmas time and its hurting me head :C

I can pick up the cloying candied cinnamon, some kind of wood (ceder?) and thats all im getting, wood and spices! potpourri! artificial red smell! im heartbroken over this :hearts04276:

• 1 year later...

Bought this in the sale. I get an almost medicinal floral out of the bottle. Upon application, I get a tart fruity chocolate. Then I get some floral, probably the woodsy note I perceive as floral, still with chocolate. It is not as chocolatey as I would have expected; so, obviously, it’s very much pomegranate. It dries down to something spicy with a hint of chocolate. It is not as strong or long lasting on me as some others. I expected a fruity chocolate which is there, but I equally get a spicy “floral”. For what it’s worth, my son told me I smelled good, like cotton candy about ½ hour in, then later he commented that I smelled like “honey”, but he has limited scent interpretation. :Emoticons04263: This is a tame, fresh, fall scent and not overly chocolate. It may contain patchouli, but I sure can’t detect it, but then I enjoy and never really have issues with patch.