Nibble Me This

Dolly

AD-NibbleThis.jpg

Nibble Me This

It's that time of year, ripe for an evocative fragrance both men and women can enjoy: juicy crunchy red apples against an autumnal background of teak woods and fall leaves, oak resinoid and oak moss. Not too sweet, not too woodsy...it's just right for nibbling on a cold night by the fire...Mmm, tempting!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good luck, happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
OAK RESINOID & OAK LEAVES ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy.
It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
OAK MOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I am testing today!

I like this one too....on me, it is not heavy, and not really dark......but not bright either.....would definitely be good for a man or a woman.....apples and woods......mmmmmmm.......I may have to slather this one on my man and see how his chemistry reacts to it.....

Yes, I am testing today!

I like this one too....on me, it is not heavy, and not really dark......but not bright either.....would definitely be good for a man or a woman.....apples and woods......mmmmmmm.......I may have to slather this one on my man and see how his chemistry reacts to it.....

I'm hoping to find out how this one smells on Friday. Sounds like a winner! Any other reviews out there?

I'm hoping to find out how this one smells on Friday. Sounds like a winner! Any other reviews out there?

I opened up my LP package today and almost fell over. I received a bottle of this as a gift THANK YOU!!!! Very much appreciated! I had intended to buy a big bottle but then monetary considerations dictated that I just get the sampler (and a bottle of WYZ which is a birthday present). I really do appreciate the gift!

Okay, this smells great. Especially after it has been on my skin a few minutes where it really does remind me of going to the orchard and smelling the apples in the bushel baskets. Oh man, I love it on me and I actually had 2 specific compliments on the scent today (both thought it was a product from a specific 'bath and body' chain (which gave me pause until they explained that it smells like a guy). On me the woods really come out but I do seem to amp that aspect but the apple is always there. Big thumbs up! Thanks again!

This isn't what I thought it would be, but it's very interesting.

I get more of a baked apple than a fresh apple because I'm sensing spices (which I realize may not actually be there). It starts out with more of a woodsy fresh aura, almost watery, but then the apple notes take over on me; I wondering how Q will like this, either on me or himself. He loves apple scents on me, but they have to be at least somewhat sweet, and this is definitely more of an autumnal type like Autumn Lust. But not wholly foody (maybe it's just my chemistry), a guy can definitely wear this. I'm hoping, actually, that it will be more wood-like on Quince.

*edit*

Okay it circles back around to the "woodsy fresh" thing at the end, with just a trace of the apple underneath. This is more in keeping with my interpretation of the concept.

Edited by luna65

Mmmm,maybe I will try this,I love what Mara does with apple,I have Autumn Lust on now and tried Pomme De Poison and Liberty Belle this week,really like the baked smell in LB ...oh and Lisa's Candy Apple is way yummy,have some of that on now too :)

It is 86,so far, but I am feeling fall every magnificent cool morning !!!

With this one, I get a woodsy, clean scent with a bit of spice-- just a hint of apple, once I knew to look for it.

Probably a bit more masculine than I'd usually wear, but it's nice to branch out every once in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

The scent is very true to the ingredients list and I can almost pick out each one. It's unisex, but think it would be especially nice on a man.

Edited by flwfan

This one turned out better on Quince, the "fresh" evocation was really nice with his chemistry. He actually amped the apple somewhat more than I did (I did a comparison between the two of us) but it's not too sweet at all. He liked it for himself but said he prefers apple on me.

This is really great for those days when you're jonesing for an autumnal apple scent that isn't foody. It's a great woody apple scent that really does hit my memories of apple picking dead-on, complete with the fallen leaves and smoky woods. The oakmoss adds a bit of a deeper grounding element as well. As a whole this also has the quality of a cool autumn breeze in there somewhere; I have no idea what exactly it is that does that but as I'm a huge fan of autumnal scents and especially anything wtih fallen leaves, I love this one too.

Edited by Invidiana

• 10 months later...

At first this was a wet spicy manly scent. On dry down it is a lot more woody apple scent with the spice still evident but more mellow. This is a little more masculine but women could still pull it off. I love it so i will wear it! I know my brother tried it and he said it was a touch to sweet for him. oh well. I am not handing my bottle over. :emoticons667: not even over the threat that aliens will take it

• 5 months later...

@ Molls ~

This one was meant to be an appley scent for guys that some ladies might enjoy wearing too.

Have you tried Pomme de Poison? Or Candy Apple Cutey? Those are more femme. Both are big faves of mine.

Do we have any Liberty Belle left? That was apple and blueberry pie for the 4th of July...then there's also Eve's Temptation, which had apple of course, but also what may have REALLY been the biblical apple in the Garden of Eden...the pomegranate!

Oh! And we still have a couple of bottles left of the PE, Lindee's Autumnal Apples!

:)

Thanks, Mara... Candy Apple Cutie was my first bottle purchase! I love it :)

I got a chance to try Lindee's Autumnal Apples recently, and I really like that one too! I just received a sniffee of Pomme de Poison a few days ago but haven't had a chance to try it yet...

• 2 months later...

I got this as a sample in a trade and I'm not sure yet. It's perfumey on me but in a light way. I keep trying to broaden my horizons, because otherwise I'd have nothing but brown sugar and vanilla scents in my arsenal. hee hee. I have to test this one over several days. it's not apple-y on me at all. More like a fresh woodsy scent. But not cedar pine woods, more like the woods on a sunny day fresh. Not damp piney woods.

• 3 years later...

This one worked "ok" on me....my guy didn't really care for it, because it went a little perfumey on him. My 16-yr old fell in love with it....on him it is fresh apples, with just the right amount of woods......it smells great on him. As a result, I got him a couple of bottles in the sale.

I think it is sold out, but if any of you have a bottle hiding somewhere (or find one on the trading post), and have a teen boy who wants a nice, unusual scent that is not overpowering, let him try this!

Edited by Dolly

I LOVED this scent. It also worked well on me like it did for your son. I forgot about it!