I Scream for Halloween!

Rosegirl

When I put this on today I was kind of overcome with pumpkin and something spicy. After it dried down, the pumpkin faded a little bit into the background. I did not get the spicy smell anymore, but the butter and cream (and I think a bit of vanilla) sort of joined with the pumpkin to form a really pretty scent. No one ingredient was screaming at me. It has lasted all day. This scent is very Autumn to me. I like it very much.

Ahhh,thanks,Rosegirl,I have been waiting for someone to talk about this one.I have a bottle ordered...the pumpkin and vanilla ice cream in the description just caught my attenion :)

I've mentioned in the past that dairy accords can go wonky on me and while this is not quite a case of incompatible chemistry...ISFH! does not smell like ice cream on my skin. It's a very nice pumpkin with a kiss of spice - not too much - slathered on a creamy background. So a good autumnal gourmand, just not what I thought it would be at all. :)

In the vial it actually reminds me a bit of Dead Man's Float, it's like that same creamy vanilla, but that's not how it translates to my skin. But I'm glad this doesn't play out like All Spice on me.

:banana120:

Well I guess I should have written it ISfH! to be correct.

This is my brain...this is my brain on speed dial...this is what my brain saw

while this is not quite a case of incompatible chemistry...ISFH!

does not smell like ice cream on my skin.

...tag :banana120:

eta: oopsies apologys to all who are looking for reviews :)

Edited by Calii

LOL, I've read this thread a bunch of times but it's not until now, sleepdeprived :001_302: after 4 nightshifts that I can see it.... :Sexy:

:UkkiBannana: I Scream For Halloween :UkkiBannana:

Though, I have to say....I kinda like Tyvey's suggestions too :yeahthat:

Maybe Mara should make a scent for one of those name suggestions. Knowing what us "ladies" on the forum are like a scent called "I'm So F**king Horny" or "I Should F**k Him" would sell like hotcakes :10_small16:

Edited by Rosebud

Oh ladies, how you make me chuckle :J001: I can just see men turning to their wives saying "Mmmm you smell nice tonight, what perfume are you wearing?" "Just my new 'I'm so f :001_302: ing horny..." Not quite the subtle science of seduction, yet effective all the same! lol

...(Edited to fix censored image... my f and ing were too close!)

Edited by Elliebellikins

Maybe Mara should make a scent for one of those name suggestions. Knowing what us "ladies" on the forum are like a scent called "I'm So F**king Horny" or "I Should F**k Him" would sell like hotcakes.

Well you know what CFM stands for, right? :001_302:

Wet, to my surprise, all I got was coconutty/vaguely vanilla-y frosting that was teetering on doing that plasticky thing vanilla sometimes does on me. :^^: but now a few hours later, it has settled into a very thick vanilla ice cream. No pumpkin at any time, lol

Wet, to my surprise, all I got was coconutty/vaguely vanilla-y frosting that was teetering on doing that plasticky thing vanilla sometimes does on me. :^^: but now a few hours later, it has settled into a very thick vanilla ice cream. No pumpkin at any time, lol

Yeah, I'm not getting much of anything. People said 'cocoa butter'. Will do a proper test later because I really want to like this one.

The strongest scent to me was the vanilla, with some infrequent surges in the fruit-- though it smelled more like strawberry than apple or pumpkin to me for some reason. (Maybe I was expecting Neapolitan ice cream from the name.) Behind those is a kind of dry, spicy scent, and every now and again I get a whiff of something almost chocolatey.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

On my days off I usually put on a scent I haven't tried in a long time to enjoy with my morning coffee...not necessarily to wear for the day. This was a crazy choice for the middle of July I thought!! But not really because it reminds me of something I might want to nibble on with my coffee!!

At first it is all spicy on me (which I don't really like) BUT then that totally mellows out and it just turns into a creamy yummy sweet whipped cream with just barely some leftover pumpkin pie stuck to it. It is delicious and comforting and I can actually imagine wearing it anytime of year. I think I'll put it with my bedtime scents...

ETA: It really gets better the longer you wear it... the spice is completely gone now and it is the most edible sweet cream.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I received this one in a trade and upon first whiff i thought: smells too sweet. but I tried it anyway. I got a lot of vanilla at first which i love, but then turns plasticky on me. This one didn't go plastic but stayed true. I got some pumpkin though not as much as SF, and then the cream and butter (?) notes came out later. This one is nice. It dries down to a buttery warmth on me with a touch of sweetness. Not necessarily vanilla sweetness, but more of a sugar. I have to keep trying this one out.

• 3 months later...

Mmmmm.. This is my kind of scent. It's a yummy creamy pumpkin/vanilla scent that I'm just enjoying soooo much. It smells like vanilla ice cream with pumpkin all swirled in. Got one in the sale. Then got a 2nd one boosted with cougar coming in my next order. Yes, officially hoarding this :)

This is just so creamy and delicious that when it's on my skin, I can't tear my nose from the application site. I hope to score a bottle of this in the sale. Raq On was nice enough to throw a sample into a trade we did, and all I can say is "Thank you, Raq!". I really love this. And how fortuitous that Halloween is right around the corner... ;)

• 8 months later...

Wet: This comes across as a thick, rich vanilla ice cream (you know, the expensive kind not filled with a bunch of crap fillers) with a little bit of spice.

As it dries, it reminds me of this really thick pumpkin candle my parents used to have that came in equally thick glass. Clearly, since I was a kid, I'm remember this as a lot bigger than it probably was, but I'm pretty sure it's not just nostalgia that makes me think that that candle (though not expensive, we were too poor for that) was made of something a lot different than candles nowadays. 20-25 years ago, I'm sure this was the case but this is one of the few "candle" scents that I actually really like because a) the nostalgia tie, but also B) it smells different than most candles in the $5-20 range nowadays.

Then is starts to morph and gets really spicy between 10-20 minutes and sticks with that through the 45 or so minute mark. It's the sort of spicey that I remember my dad smelling like because of his white bottle of old spice:

o.14972.jpg

Now, I reapplied along with some Balm Bomb and went for a run for fifteen minutes out in the heat. So I'm not sure if it was one of those variables or all of them, but when I came back, I smelled almost like a dead ringer for Archipelago Botanicals hand cream (either the soy milk or the oat cream, I can't tell-- with one whiff it seems sweet like the soy milk and then the next whiff I'll get a bit of oatiness):

27018Lg.jpg

I love Archipelago and used to get a bunch of gift cards for them, however at $18/pop for a toothpaste sized tube of the stuff, I found lotions for cheaper that work better but oh, do I miss that smell!

Conclusion: this one is a win for me across the board from wet through several different morphing stages. I could only wear it for about 90 minutes before grabbing a shower after my run, but I'm looking forward to having this one being slathered 1-3 times a week. Seems like a very easy grab and go type fragrance and I can see it being paired really well with the comfort UNs and the sexy UNs.

• 2 months later...

Have you ever tested something over and over and over and you still don't know what to make of it? Yeah, that's ISFH for me.

Right out of the vial, I get butter with some pumpkin-y spices. It smells a little odd: a bit fake, almost like a candle smell. On my skin, though, the spice really blooms. Apple-pumpkin at the front, vanilla-cream in the background. I asked my brother to sniff this for me because I wasn't really sure what to think. He was surprised when I said this was a dessert foodie; he said he smelled more of an "herbs and spices" perfume. I agree that it might not be obvious-- when I was sniffing this without looking at the notes, it took me several tries before I identified the butter for what it was. Before that I was just getting pumpkin candle.

Happy ending, after a few hours ISFH smooths out to a really lovely vanilla/cream scent. Very tasty! I love it, but I wish it didn't take me several hours to get there.