I Scream for Halloween!

Rosegirl

This is an awesome fall scent. Luckily it doesn't go all scented candle on me... It's very vanilla cream- very sweet. With a lightly spiced pumpkin. I have in roll on, in spray and one boosted with Cougar. I got soooo many compliments wearing this last year.

Wet: This comes across as a thick, rich vanilla ice cream (you know, the expensive kind not filled with a bunch of crap fillers) with a little bit of spice.

As it dries, it reminds me of this really thick pumpkin candle my parents used to have that came in equally thick glass. Clearly, since I was a kid, I'm remember this as a lot bigger than it probably was, but I'm pretty sure it's not just nostalgia that makes me think that that candle (though not expensive, we were too poor for that) was made of something a lot different than candles nowadays. 20-25 years ago, I'm sure this was the case but this is one of the few "candle" scents that I actually really like because a) the nostalgia tie, but also http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/cool.png it smells different than most candles in the $5-20 range nowadays.

Then is starts to morph and gets really spicy between 10-20 minutes and sticks with that through the 45 or so minute mark. It's the sort of spicey that I remember my dad smelling like because of his white bottle of old spice:

o.14972.jpg

Now, I reapplied along with some Balm Bomb and went for a run for fifteen minutes out in the heat. So I'm not sure if it was one of those variables or all of them, but when I came back, I smelled almost like a dead ringer for Archipelago Botanicals hand cream (either the soy milk or the oat cream, I can't tell-- with one whiff it seems sweet like the soy milk and then the next whiff I'll get a bit of oatiness):

27018Lg.jpg

I love Archipelago and used to get a bunch of gift cards for them, however at $18/pop for a toothpaste sized tube of the stuff, I found lotions for cheaper that work better but oh, do I miss that smell!

Conclusion: this one is a win for me across the board from wet through several different morphing stages. I could only wear it for about 90 minutes before grabbing a shower after my run, but I'm looking forward to having this one being slathered 1-3 times a week. Seems like a very easy grab and go type fragrance and I can see it being paired really well with the comfort UNs and the sexy UNs.

OT ETA: I love Archipelago .. I have had their Stonehenge candles (2 tall pillars) I use them for Fall/Halloween.. got to stretch them tho.. stuff has really gotten pricy.

Tried ISFH yesterday, and it came out kind of gross on me. Spicy pumpkin and vanilla smell yummy, but butter in this one reads like old man's sweat to me. Hope it was the travel shock, without the sweat part this scent would be absolutely lovely.

I just retested it again, the smell of old man's sweaty feet fades in 20 minutes, and I start getting more pumpkin. At that stage it is wearable even with my wonky skin chemistry. Does not feel like my type of scent, but worth testing more.

I just retested it again, the smell of old man's sweaty feet fades in 20 minutes, and I start getting more pumpkin. At that stage it is wearable even with my wonky skin chemistry. Does not feel like my type of scent, but worth testing more.

I can definitely say this about ISFH: the longer you have it on, the better it gets. Just a matter of deciding whether waiting for that stage is worth it!

Well, I think it's official that this one is just not working for me. :arf: In the bottle, it's amazing--rich creamy vanilla (ice creamy) pumpkin. When I put it on, though, something really odd happens--it smells like wet fabric. Like the lining of a vintage fur coat that's gotten wet, or something. Sharp and a little moldy.

I've tried waiting it out, but it also doesn't last tremendously long on me (which is good, in terms of getting rid of sharp coat lining smell, but sad, in that the abundant goodness others have gotten to never arrives for me). I think I'll try the scent locket trick I've seen mentioned in some threads on this one--I love the in-the-bottle smell, I just can't transfer it onto my skin.

Or maybe letting it age will help?

Awwww! That sucks Blackcat!!

I can't believe I didn't review this. I got a sample of this right before last Halloween and snapped up a bottle on the trade thread. It's the creamiest vanilla I ever smelled. It smells like the Kozyshack rice pudding tastes (which is the epitome of vanilla.) I get the faintest hint of pumpkin, just enough to pop out an announce its presence, but not enough to turn this into a pumpkin scent for me. The apple butter warms it up but isn't distinctly apple to my nose. It wears fairly close to the skin, and like bellumed said, it gets better and better as it wears on. I like this for the fall.

It's already almost 3 years old, so consider it aged.

Oh, right, that makes sense. So I guess I'd have to pin my hopes on *my* aging to change the chemistry! Yeah, probably unlikely!

Awwww! That sucks Blackcat!!

I can't believe I didn't review this. I got a sample of this right before last Halloween and snapped up a bottle on the trade thread. It's the creamiest vanilla I ever smelled. It smells like the Kozyshack rice pudding tastes (which is the epitome of vanilla.) I get the faintest hint of pumpkin, just enough to pop out an announce its presence, but not enough to turn this into a pumpkin scent for me. The apple butter warms it up but isn't distinctly apple to my nose. It wears fairly close to the skin, and like bellumed said, it gets better and better as it wears on. I like this for the fall.

Thanks BB! Fortunately there are so many wonderful fall scents to try. I'm thinking I might give this one to my mom and see if I can enjoy that feast you describe on her!

Oh, right, that makes sense. So I guess I'd have to pin my hopes on *my* aging to change the chemistry! Yeah, probably unlikely!

Thanks BB! Fortunately there are so many wonderful fall scents to try. I'm thinking I might give this one to my mom and see if I can enjoy that feast you describe on her!

Hey! I just tested the LP Autumnal 2011 blend. If you're aiming for the creamy vanilla-ness and pumpkin combo, that has it, though the pumpkin is faint on me. There's bottles and samples left in the sale. Just snagged another one myself.

Hey! I just tested the LP Autumnal 2011 blend. If you're aiming for the creamy vanilla-ness and pumpkin combo, that has it, though the pumpkin is faint on me. There's bottles and samples left in the sale. Just snagged another one myself.

I just might do that! I think I can get one last round of sale shopping under the wire this year.... and the creamy vanilla pumpkin is definitely calling me. Thanks for the recommendation!

I was very nervous about getting this one after reading some recent reviews stating that it went plastic on some folks. I love this on me, it smells like an expensive perfume with vanilla, spice and a smidgen of pumpkin. Its so yummy and lasts so long, I'm wearing it tonight for bed time.

• 1 month later...

I think this started to work better with my skin chemistry. It still started out slightly wonky with that sweaty feet undertone, but very quickly settled down to a wonderful spicy buttery pumpkin delight. Such a lovely Halloween scent!