Haunted Hallows

liz

Its such a lovely, cool outdoorsy scent.

I love it. Very Fall and contemplative.

Yes, it's definitely worth it to grab more espically for someone who can appreciate this. I found out yesterday my daughter likes it to. Must run in the family :) I put in for 2 bottles for mom & daughter,

I got a free bottle of this from a recent trade / sake I did and I thought I did not need to purchase one from the sale.

WRONG

Enter into this equation my daughter and she grabs my bottle and uses about half of this baby right out if the gate. So I just put one on reserve because I do not want to be without a bottle of this for myself.

I love how universal this is and it's truly Fall in a bottle.

LOL. DD my daughter loves this. She smelled it and tried a couple of dabs on Tuesday. Yestersay she was going to a birthday party/ sleepover and wanted to wear some. I showed her how to apply it, or she would have doused herself, she loves the scent. Then she wanted to take the whole bottle with her because she wanted to wear it the following day too. I convinced her to take the trial of "little witches" I had. Very different scent but she likes that too.

So I have 2 more HH requested. One for my mother & one for my daughter. Must run in the family. :purr:

Edited by StacyK

LOL. DD my daughter loves this. She smelled it and tried a couple of dabs on Tuesday. Yestersay she was going to a birthday party/ sleepover and wanted to wear some. I showed her how to apply it, or she would have doused herself, she loves the scent. Then she wanted to take the whole bottle with her because she wanted to wear it the following day too. I convinced her to take the trial of "little witches" I had. Very different scent but she likes that too.

So I have 2 more HH requested. One for my mother & one for my daughter. Must run in the family. :purr:

I'm thinking I might need to reserve another bottle of HH, I need to see where I'm at when I get back from vacation.

This is a surprise win. It's not my typical type of scent- but sometimes the goth girl in me likes to make an appearance! This smells like fresh rich earth. Like soil that has been dug up. I find that I LOVE lily in perfume. The lily and vanilla make it more fem and the smoke comes and goes. I don't get any patch which is good since i usually amp patch like crazy. This scent is very ethereal and gauzy- it does remind me of a haunted cemetery and a perfume that will be perfect for fall!

The sale has put this on my radar. I love LP's earth notes and lily notes so it seems like a no brainer. Hope it works for me!

This would have never have been on my radar if BlackCat had not gone bonkers over how good this was. I searched thru all of my sniffles found this baby and I was in :Emoticons04235: LOVE :Emoticons04235: then a kind LP'r who I did a trade with included this as a FREE bottle in my order and I thought I was good to go until my daughter ripped off the HH and called it hers, so of course I had to grab one for my self... I'm really not a earth or lily fan but this combo is simply amazing.

For me it was Mara. She made a little list of her favs from the sale bin and this was on it.

That did it for me. :)

I do love all the reviews that followed!

It really goes to show that you should sample / test out each scent prior to dismissing it. I would never have tried this as Earth and Lily's are not my thing, but Mara made magic with this blend. I'm really looking forward to wearing it during the Halloween season...

I really do LP and all of the scents that come with it... :Emoticons0424:

I've never gotten a sniffie of this one and I went back and forth on whether I wanted to try it out. I love autumn scents, Christmas scents, any holiday scent really and I finally bit the bullet after reading everyone's surprise (or not so surprise) love of this. I can't wait to try it!! Since there's no real decipherable changing of the seasons here, I can't wait to wear this to remind me of falling leaves, jack-o-lanterns, ghosts and the coming of winter.

And who knows what magic Mara has up her sleeve for the upcoming holidays!!

This would have never have been on my radar if BlackCat had not gone bonkers over how good this was. I searched thru all of my sniffles found this baby and I was in :Emoticons04235: LOVE :Emoticons04235: then a kind LP'r who I did a trade with included this as a FREE bottle in my order and I thought I was good to go until my daughter ripped off the HH and called it hers, so of course I had to grab one for my self... I'm really not a earth or lily fan but this combo is simply amazing.

Bonkers indeed! Watching the numbers go down on this has me rapping my fingers :Emoticons04269: and wondering Do I have enough? and I really really really shouldn't go back to the sale bin when I haven't even gotten a shipping notice for my last order two weeks ago, and yet I really really think I might. This remains an all-time favorite for me. Like Stacy, it was seeing Mara's name on it that prompted me to give it a serious try.

And yes, Storemy, I have to remember that there will be new magical fall scents again not too long for now!

Update: Yeah. I caved. But it's the last round!

Edited by Blackcat

I've never gotten a sniffie of this one and I went back and forth on whether I wanted to try it out. I love autumn scents, Christmas scents, any holiday scent really and I finally bit the bullet after reading everyone's surprise (or not so surprise) love of this. I can't wait to try it!! Since there's no real decipherable changing of the seasons here, I can't wait to wear this to remind me of falling leaves, jack-o-lanterns, ghosts and the coming of winter.

And who knows what magic Mara has up her sleeve for the upcoming holidays!!

Storemy, just so you know. It's a great scent very Fall, earthy- cool, a little white lily floral, garden like. Definitely outside is the cool Fall air. But not Holiday per-say, and there is no pumpkin or any fruitiness or foodie ish (not like AHE)

It's really lovely and mood setting just though you'd want to know.

Thanks Stacy. I just meant the theme of the month and the things you would see. I don't need to smell like ghosts, pumpkins or a cemetary, per se, just the idea of a cool Autumn. :)

Oh, lol. I just saw the "holiday" and thought oh you might be surprised.

You could get graveyard. I'll be intrested to hear if tou get the cool "stone" note.

The floral which on me smells like lily and mums. is swirly and so that lends the ghost ish element. It's really nice and great for fall.

Oh, lol. I just saw the "holiday" and thought oh you might be surprised.

You could get graveyard. I'll be intrested to hear if tou get the cool "stone" note.

The floral which on me smells like lily and mums. is swirly and so that lends the ghost ish element. It's really nice and great for fall.

I'm excited to see if I get the stone feel and graveyard feel!! I got it because it sounds very earthy, organic and I really love those scents - especially during fall. Fall always is my most favorite time of the year - the way the air smells, smoke rising from fireplaces, leaves, cool earth, woods. Even the colors are my most favorite and generally what I have a closet full of: browns, blacks, brownish-reds, SOME oranges, olives. Spooky isn't a bad scent. A surprising one I like is Ectoplasm. I finally got a full bottle of that one too.

• 2 weeks later...

Bonkers indeed! Watching the numbers go down on this has me rapping my fingers :Emoticons04269: and wondering Do I have enough? and I really really really shouldn't go back to the sale bin when I haven't even gotten a shipping notice for my last order two weeks ago, and yet I really really think I might. This remains an all-time favorite for me. Like Stacy, it was seeing Mara's name on it that prompted me to give it a serious try.

And yes, Storemy, I have to remember that there will be new magical fall scents again not too long for now!

Update: Yeah. I caved. But it's the last round!

Blackcat, thanks to you I'm now addicted to this one... If you ever decide you don't need all 6 bottles of this one, you know where you can get rid of one....LOL.

I can not wait till October and then I'm going to be wearing this everyday as I love Halloween, but I do not like to wear those scents till October 1st.

Blackcat, thanks to you I'm now addicted to this one... If you ever decide you don't need all 6 bottles of this one, you know where you can get rid of one....LOL.

I can not wait till October and then I'm going to be wearing this everyday as I love Halloween, but I do not like to wear those scents till October 1st.

DD you will be first on my list! One of the reasons I went back is that I've already given away more of these than I intended--because it is just. That. Amazing!

I don't even know if this was originally released in October but somehow I am guessing it was--I am so excited to see what Mara has in store for us to add to the fab Halloween scents! I LOVE October!

DD you will be first on my list! One of the reasons I went back is that I've already given away more of these than I intended--because it is just. That. Amazing!

I don't even know if this was originally released in October but somehow I am guessing it was--I am so excited to see what Mara has in store for us to add to the fab Halloween scents! I LOVE October!

I love Halloween as well, since I have only been here for a year, many of the scents listed were a surprise to me, even thou they are listed in the catalog, I'm usually to busy to search for an old blend when I'm trying to grab my hands on all of the NR's she has each month....

I have found so many treasures during this sale and I can not thank you enough for promoting this one....thanks again

Oh my gosh, just got my box today so and this was one of the ones I had to try... throw out the window the need to let them sit and get over travel shock, that was not going to happen.

So...

I totally get the cold stone feel...that hit me first when I rolled it on. I actually could imagine putting my nose close to cold stone and how that would smell... kind of weird, almost like a bit of ozone, it's airy. Then I get the florals and strangely, they smell cool as well - not warm and sunny like Summer Belle or other florals that remind me more of summer and spring. I can completely picture taking flowers to a cemetery on a cold day, smelling them along the way and gets sniffs of cold air mingled with the flowers being placed on a headstone... sort of like this:

I love this one!!

OMG, the earth note! I love LP's earth accords. First on, I get a blast of that with a hint of the smoke, and it's like a cool, fall evening with someone burning leaves somewhere. the smoke fades quickly, and the lily comes out, sweetened and smoothed by the patchouli. The vanilla is very dry, not sweet at all, almost like a potpourri vanilla. I can definitely see the appeal for this for the Halloween season, but there is enough lily and sweetness for me to pull this off in the early spring, too!

Oh my gosh, just got my box today so and this was one of the ones I had to try... throw out the window the need to let them sit and get over travel shock, that was not going to happen.

So...

I totally get the cold stone feel...that hit me first when I rolled it on. I actually could imagine putting my nose close to cold stone and how that would smell... kind of weird, almost like a bit of ozone, it's airy. Then I get the florals and strangely, they smell cool as well - not warm and sunny like Summer Belle or other florals that remind me more of summer and spring. I can completely picture taking flowers to a cemetery on a cold day, smelling them along the way and gets sniffs of cold air mingled with the flowers being placed on a headstone... sort of like this:

I love this one!!

I'm so glad you like it. It's totally unique and I find it oddly comforting. :)

• 1 month later...

:) Mara's listing this as a hidden gem definitely tipped me, too.

I come from a long line of gardeners, and Haunted Hallows just sings with my DNA! I get the blast of earth--and it's damp earth, which I totally ADORE--and then the floral blend takes over and its gorgeous, and it lasts. I had worried about the Lily because sometimes I amp it in a bad way, but that's not the case here. It's just so pretty!!! I can wear this year 'round. Totally. WOOT!!! :w00t::wub:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 1 year later...

I find this scent really interesting. I wasn't sure about the smoke note, as sometimes it gives me a headache, but it's not overpowering in this.

This brings to mind a mental image of being in a foggy cemetery on a cold autumn day, where you can see your breath coming out in white puffs and the fog lends a surreal quality that gives you a sense of dreamy melancholy. I feel like I can smell leaves and distant smoke in the chill air.