Hi all, another newbie here

chocbunny

Hi everyone,

Greetings from chilly Scotland. I discovered Love Potion perfumes a few months ago while I was on a search to find perfumes that didn't turn on my skin. And I am so glad to have found them!!! Favourites so far are Fairy Lure and Cougar Potion and I look forward to trying many many more.

It is so interesting to see what kind of scents work on my skin and which don't (so far caramel is a big no no). I'm wondering if the standard drug store perfumes never worked as they are alcohol-based, as oil-based ones tend to stay true on me. Which is how I came to be here...

xx

Edited by chocbunny

Hi everyone,

Greetings from chilly Scotland. I discovered Love Potion perfumes a few months ago while I was on a search to find perfumes that didn't turn on my skin. And I am so glad to have found them!!! Favourites so far are Fairy Lure and Cougar Potion and I look forward to trying many many more.

It is so interesting to see what kind of scents work on my skin and which don't (so far caramel is a big no no). I'm wondering if the standard drug store perfumes never worked as they are alcohol-based, as oil-based ones tend to stay true on me. Which is how I came to be here...

xx

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here!

Drugstore perfumes generally smelled like crap on me as well......not to mention the fact that many set off allergic reactions on my hyper-sensitive skin.....none of the ones here ever have!

Pop in often, have a seat, and chat with us! OH, and enjoy all of the wonderful smellies!!

Welcome to the LP world Chocbunny ;)

Like Dolly said, stop by often ,eveyone here is so nice & are always willing to share their knowledge. Plus it's just a fun place to hang.

:)

A very big Welcome to our place :) Scotland,wow,our fabulous phero guru Ail is from there also.

You will have soooo much fun discovering the treasures from LPMP,as I have been doing for almost a year now ;)

Hi everyone,

xx

Hiya from another LPMP newbie :]

Oooh Scotland, I've never been to Europe but I reeeaaallly want to travel everywhere there, including Scotland.

I'm also curious about which perfumes I can wear and which I can't. So far it seems like every perfume I've tried that were alcohol-based smell pretty much the same on me as they do in the bottle, which I suppose is a bit odd, but it may also be that I just don't have my nose trained yet to see what they really do. I'd be really sad if caramel wasn't good on my skin, as it smells delicious :[

Which perfumes do you have so far?

So far it seems like every perfume I've tried that were alcohol-based smell pretty much the same on me as they do in the bottle, which I suppose is a bit odd, but it may also be that I just don't have my nose trained yet to see what they really do.

That's how commerical fragrances are created to be: the same experience for every single person every single time from the bottle to the skin. Artisan fragrance is the complete opposite of that, which is why we love it.

So far it seems like every perfume I've tried that were alcohol-based smell pretty much the same on me as they do in the bottle, which I suppose is a bit odd, but it may also be that I just don't have my nose trained yet to see what they really do.

That's right! Commercially, chemical stabilizers are used to make sure that's the case. The corporate perfume makers want their scents instantly recognized, no matter who wears it. From the bottle to the skin, from the first sniff to the last. You walk into a room, and say, "That's Chanel #5", for example.

Without the stabilizers etc., perfume is a much more individual experience. Each scent will smell a bit different on each person who wears it due to personal chemistry, and it will morph throughout the day. Naturally, resins last longest, and lighter notes burn off fastest, so the experience is more like a journey or a story. We prefer it that way, it makes it much more fun and a more unique experience to each person.

Additionally, said chemicals may not be entirely safe anyway. We know for a fact that many people who have had highly allergic reactions to commercial perfumes tend not to have them with our perfumes. It is now suspected that the chemicals in question are stored up in the fatty tissues of the body and are released in breast milk, and can become cumulatively toxic over time.

But just to be clear, it's not the alcohol base that is the issue. The alcohol base that we use is clean and without stabilizers or silicones. It is the addition of the chemical stabilizers in commercial perfumes, and you won't find any of those here.

And...WELCOME Darling Newbies!

Thanks for joining us, hope you have FUN here!

:666:

But just to be clear, it's not the alcohol base that is the issue. The alcohol base that we use is clean and without stabilizers or silicones. It is the addition of the chemical stabilizers in commercial perfumes, and you won't find any of those here.

This, I can attest to as well......NO ISSUES with LP alcohol-based sprays!

Hi and welcome Chocbunny - glad you are having fun with LP's!

Oh, and DO be careful and watch your ears around here...though we crave lovely scents we also crave real choco! :666:

Without the stabilizers etc., perfume is a much more individual experience. Each scent will smell a bit different on each person who wears it due to personal chemistry, and it will morph throughout the day. Naturally, resins last longest, and lighter notes burn off fastest, so the experience is more like a journey or a story. We prefer it that way, it makes it much more fun and a more unique experience to each person.

This is so true !! ... the evolving is mesmerizing at times :)

This, I can attest to as well......NO ISSUES with LP alcohol-based sprays!

I have several of the alcohol sprays and never had a problem...other than chosing which one to wear next :666:

That's right! Commercially, chemical stabilizers are used to make sure that's the case. The corporate perfume makers want their scents instantly recognized, no matter who wears it. From the bottle to the skin, from the first sniff to the last. You walk into a room, and say, "That's Chanel #5", for example.

Additionally, said chemicals may not be entirely safe anyway. We know for a fact that many people who have had highly allergic reactions to commercial perfumes tend not to have them with our perfumes. It is now suspected that the chemicals in question are stored up in the fatty tissues of the body and are released in breast milk, and can become cumulatively toxic over time.

And...WELCOME Darling Newbies!

Thanks for joining us, hope you have FUN here!

:666:

Oh! I never knew that. I've heard a lot of people saying that they can't wear certain fragrance notes even if the perfume is a commercial one so I wasn't really sure. But I really love the idea of perfumes "changing" with the chemistry of whoever wears them, so I'm even more excited for my perfumes to get here now to find out what they might do on me.

Learn something new every day :]