Needing A Change

An odd topic, I know.. My "monthly gift" is lagging behind yet again and this is driving crazy! My cycle always seems to shift around aimlessly, yet still manages to come at the worst times for my social life! I am toying with the idea of buying a plane ticket for this long Thanksgiving weekend and visiting a friend that I may have a more serious future with..It all depends on how the visit goes. I REALLY need secrets or tips on how to control or adjust it! Could there be a phero out there that would do that?

visiting a friend that I may have a more serious future with

Just wanted you to know that this part makes me happy for you...hope it works out! :magicstick:

As far as I know,pheros are not going to have an effect on the timing of your menses,but can offer relief of pms ...many get that with B2

An odd topic, I know.. My "monthly gift" is lagging behind yet again and this is driving crazy! My cycle always seems to shift around aimlessly, yet still manages to come at the worst times for my social life! I am toying with the idea of buying a plane ticket for this long Thanksgiving weekend and visiting a friend that I may have a more serious future with..It all depends on how the visit goes. I REALLY need secrets or tips on how to control or adjust it! Could there be a phero out there that would do that?

Hey there Imperianna

Menses is no fun. I'm so sorry your cycle isn't cooperating : ( I have researched a lot about bringing on my period because usually I suffer from PMDD and PMS for over a week before I start. I have PCOS, it's miserable. I lye in bed in agonizing pain for days so I'm usually hopped up on caffiene pills and pain meds, eck. I don't know of any Pheros that would help, I'd like to know too if there is. But this is what I do when mine is lagging behind:

I'll take a teaspoon of evening primrose oil a day.

A couple ounces of Aloe Vera juice at night (start off slow with this though because it affects digestion, you are only suppose to drink a few ounces each night, don't be afraid of it though, it works).

I also take herbal supplements in the form of liquid extracts and teas. I have a few: skull cap, licorice root, blue cohosh, black cohosh, fenugreek, chaste berry, these are all emmenoguges - a substance that induces mensturation.

I also juice parsley and ginger root, you can also steep parsley and ginger slices and drink as tea.

You can also buy lavender, chamomile and/or hops tea.

There is even supplements that include a mixture of some of the above herbs they sell at New Chapter called Esterotone.

Also the best remedy of all.......... sex. He he : ) It can bring down your flow. The many muscles in the vajean contract during orgasm and then relax and waa laa, a late period no more : )

I know this is a lot but just giving you some ideas. I wouldn't start off with too much at once, honestly, if you have a healthy, normal period now you are lucky and I don't know how all this stuff would affect your body. But I hear ya about the whole trip issue, I hope this works out for you, maybe try something new each week and see how it affects you. I don't know of any ways of halting your period unless its the pill BUT don't do that unless you really need it, it can really get screwy for some women. I've had blood clots and had to stop so I'm still searching for a way to cope : )

Just wanted you to know that this part makes me happy for you...hope it works out! :magicstick:

As far as I know,pheros are not going to have an effect on the timing of your menses,but can offer relief of pms ...many get that with B2

Ooooh, B2, I did not know that. Something for me to check out :)

My cycle always seems to shift around aimlessly, yet still manages to come at the worst times for my social life! I am toying with the idea of buying a plane ticket for this long Thanksgiving weekend and visiting a friend that I may have a more serious future with..It all depends on how the visit goes.

It could be a blessing in disguise...a little abstinence can increase longing on his part.......:magicstick:

Can you take birth control pills? It's the only thing that ever regulated me, and made my cycle lighter as well. Some people may not do well on them, but they made me feel great. I did NOT gain weight on them, and they virtually erased my PMS symptoms AND my skin problems.

Hmm don't know how to start it (unless planning a 'special night' counts). I do know how to stop it if it comes...just take your regularly scheduled B/C ahead of schedule. I did the patch for a little while, you were supposed to leave it off an entire week, but I learned you could cheat if you had 'something' planned.

Edited by Beccah1

As always, thanks for all the thoughtful advice, ladies~ I SO wish I could be on the pill, but they all give me frightening circulation problems..and I sure as hell don't wanna play with THAT! I've tried a few big Os on my own and that didn't work.. I haven't tried the emmenogogue route other than Queen Anne's Lace tincture..that's a birth control that works by stimulating the uterine sloughing process. Nope, didn't work! I'll get some Ginger tea tomorrow..and drink lots of water.

I don't know if it is true, but I do recall reading that the 'alpha male' pheros will effect your period. Your body tries to take advantage of the opportunity presented. And, um, well, for such short notice you know how females can influence each other and end up cycling together? You might try to find a nice alpha friend with a schedule you like and huff on her. Unless you're like me and nothing tweaks the cycle, for better or worse, than STRESS. :magicstick:

Good luck!

I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, and it only happened once, but here's my story of bringing on my period.

When I first changed my way of eating last year, I didn't have a period for almost 80 days! I think it was just the shock of eating so much less!! Anyway, I decided to reward myself with a visit to a shiatsu massage place, and it was my first shiatsu massage (I've since gone many times, and this has never happened again). The therapist worked my whole body, and when he got to my feet I noticed that the inner part of my heels was very sensitive. From my own massage-therapy training I know that in reflexology this area corresponds to the uterus (and the outer heels correspond to the ovaries). When he was working the inner heel I felt a burning, quite painful, but I guess I sensed it was something I needed because I didn't ask him to stop or ease up.

Anyway, I got my period the next day.

Hey thanks guys! I had found a post on a question site where someone suggested getting a finger full of someone's BO and pheros and rubbing it under your nose several days in a row! Holy sh*t! LOL! I'll pass!! I've done reflexology a little in my aesthetics training... That might work! I'll have to experiment.. Thanks for reminding me!

I had found a post on a question site where someone suggested getting a finger full of someone's BO and pheros and rubbing it under your nose several days in a row! Holy sh*t! LOL! I'll pass!!

Well if it's someone you like it's not so bad. :)