Black Candy

Dolly

AD-BlackCandy.jpg

Black Candy

Unleash the sweet yet dark side of your soul with this potion featuring licorice anise that cleanses and protects the spirit while simultaneously kicking your libido into gear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
ANISE ~ Sexual potency, cleansing, wards away nightmares, protective, purification, happiness, youth, psychic powers, luck, calming, soothing, meditation, wedding rituals.
HAND-TINCTURED CHINESE AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty, calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck and fortune, lust.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, anise and violets. Maybe a little amber. Wet, it was all anise. Yummy black licorice.....then, after drydown, I get mostly violets with the anise and amber forming a dark curtain behind them.....hmmmmm.....very nice, deep, and unusual.....

:alien_dance: OMG!!! :w00t:

I'm so excited! I'm hoping this might be similar to my beloved Lolita Lempicka... but maybe a darker version :001_302: I bet it would be awesome layered with Purple OCCO

I actually asked for a sample of this one since I thought about Lolita!! lol!!!

I wonder how it's going to smell like on me!

God I love Lolita. It's one of the few commercial perfumes that still does it for me.

Still, I'm hoping this is different. You know black licorice is a killer aphrodesiac, right? True story! I know I'll be pickin up a bottle.

I don't like to eat it, but I bet the scent is kickass.

Just a sidenote- licorice, and pumpkin pie spice respectively are MAJOR aphrodesiacs. They increase blood flow to your mans "special purpose" (this is a reference to the movie "The Jerk"-if you haven't seen that, you have to. Steve Martin has never been so funny).

Edited by cheeseburger79

God I love Lolita. It's one of the few commercial perfumes that still does it for me.

Still, I'm hoping this is different. You know black licorice is a killer aphrodesiac, right? True story! I know I'll be pickin up a bottle.

Oh bebito! I like lolita too! it's very sexy and sweet.

And omg!!! yea, I hate eating it as well!! it's nasty stuff. But I love the smell, my mom used to have a black licorice based perfume and it smelled amazing until it got discontinued. Apparently her co-workers loved that scent too *sigh*

Can't wait to try it!

Just a sidenote- licorice, and pumpkin pie spice respectively are MAJOR aphrodesiacs.

Licorice, pumpkin pie, lavender, and donuts are the four scents which do the most to increase male sexual response. Why do you think Danna's Pumpkin Trilogy sold out in record time? :001_302:

Edited by luna65

Wow.....I absolutely didn't think I'd like this one.....I do not like the smell of anise (love to eat licorice, don't love to smell like it). But I find more often than not that if it's blended into a perfume it's actually quite good...I mean, I can detect it, but the blend doesn't smell like the candy, fortunately.

I think I might buy a bottle of this (boosted with some kind of phero blend, ofcourse), because I'd actually wear it. And being dark-skinned and all, I'd love to tell people that the perfume I'm wearing is called 'Black Candy'........the man-toy would get a kick out of that too, I'm sure.

So yeah, violets backed up by anise and amber, but the violets are the star of this blend........the other notes make it nice and dark in 'feel' while still maintaining a kind of freshness.....very mysterious.

Still, I'm hoping this is different. You know black licorice is a killer aphrodesiac, right?

Oh, me too :001_302: The only commercial perfumes I still own are "Lolita" & "L" by the same company. "L" on me is all vanilla yumminess :w00t:

I bet layering Black Candy with Ail's Voluptous Vanilla would be amazing :alien_dance:

Just a sidenote- licorice, and pumpkin pie spice respectively are MAJOR aphrodesiacs. They increase blood flow to your mans "special purpose" (this is a reference to the movie "The Jerk"-if you haven't seen that, you have to. Steve Martin has never been so funny).

okay, so I passed because I was afraid of the licorice...but thanks to you cheesy... I am off and running to get a bottle...thanks so much cheesy for contributing to the collapse of my funds/account...lol, I shall have to repay the favor...hehehe

djac

Nooo problem Djac! I saw from another etail site, one very sub-par to LP, that did a limited edition blend for Halloween of licorice and Pumpkin Pie together.--didn't buy it because I've gotten many of they're products and only about 30% of they're stuff doesn't smell fake to me.

HOWEVER--Mara and Danna, with fall comin....somethin to think about! That would be man magnet heaven, no?

I'm never been a huge fan of black licorice or anise (bad memories of OUZO and Black Sambuca, and if you've ever been dying of a hangover and so sick you thought you would die by drinking any of those you understand), in any case, I love Sogni Incantati and Naughty Mink, LPMP does blk licorice and anise so beautifully, never overwhelming or offensive, so I gave Black Candy a try (from mo.sample) and was pleasantly surprised once again ! The Blk Licorice comes thru the amber and violet in a teasing way and I just can't seem to stop smelling my wrist. This would be a great scent in a/my scent locket.

oh and I caved and bought a full size bottle :rolleyes: .

i'm excited for this one in my sampler pack. i almost got a bottle but wanted to try out that anise first and make sure it wasn't too overpowering.

i have a scent from wylde ivey (black patch) with a lot of anise in it that i love and this sounds like a sweeter, less patchouli/musky version of that.

can't wait!

I'm never been a huge fan of black licorice or anise (bad memories of OUZO and Black Sambuca, and if you've ever been dying of a hangover and so sick you thought you would die by drinking any of those you understand),

oh and I caved and bought a full size bottle :lol: .

:P Liz, I have so been there ......I only got monthly sampler too. I do really like it in the bottle...Im testing tonight....

I'm never been a huge fan of black licorice or anise (bad memories of OUZO and Black Sambuca, and if you've ever been dying of a hangover and so sick you thought you would die by drinking any of those you understand)

Been there, done that, but it was with Anisette.....thought I was going to DIE the next day....but I still love to eat black licorice....although, it did take me about 6 months before I was even able to SMELL it without running to the bathroom!

I tested Black Candy this morning, I was leary about this one cause I hate anise and licorice but this is absolutely divine! My fave sniffy so far. Im shocked my body chemistry does well with this. This would absolutely layer fantastically with vanilla (good idea Rosebud) or a number of different type of scents.. in fact I just put on Sugared Melons and it brings that to another level of sultriness. I cant wait to try this with Summer Solstice 2009 later today. I will be purchasing a bottle of this one for sure! :)

this wasn't nearly as sweet and "candy like" as i thought it was going to be, which is a good thing.

when i first put it on, it was "holy anise" and i was a bit concerned i wouldn't really like it or be able to wear it long...but...the anise is only powerful like that for a brief time and then the violet comes out centerstage.

once the violet amps up, i was left with a gorgeous, slightly sweet floral with the dark, exotic anise note in the background.

every time i moved an arm, walked around, bent to pick something up, etc... there was the mysterious, intoxicating anise veil wafting from me...blended so smoothly and seductively with the violet and amber.

this is wonderful.

very unique, sexy, and sophisticated...i want a bottle...amped for sure!

Hmmm.... Not quite Lolital Lempicka, but not too far off either. I'm thinking layering with a touch of vanilla might achieve that :EVB7BC~18:

Wet when first applied it's mainly liquorice, then the violets come through to dominate. It's a very light/fresh & sweet floral without being too candy light, and I like that. I'm more into the darker or floral violets than the candied violet scents. About an hour later the anise is back but only in the background, the violets are still the main note.

I don't get any darkness, musk or patchouli that others have talked about so it's not at all that dark & sexy scent I thought it would be. I'm betting it would be absolutely gorgeous layered with Mara's Rocket Fuel or LP Black though :Hug_emoticon:

Got a sample of this, but unfortunately my skin amped the licorice note. It was super strong on me. My guyfriend loved it, but I couldn't stop smelling me (but I can't do super spicy scents yech) *sigh*

I was intrigued by this one...as I've noted, I enjoy anise in fragrance (Naughty Minx is one of my favorites just for that reason) but this is definitely more of a black licorice note on me, rather than the more herbal characteristic of anise (which I actually do smell in the vial). But it quickly goes elsewhere due to the violet. I can't generally wear "dark" violet scents because violet and I don't get along so well (she only behaves on me with a lot of sweetness, in my experience). There's something off in the background for me and I think it's the violet and anise together, creating something strange on my skin, alas. However (not that I'd dab this on Q, he dislikes anise, I've discovered) I think it's dark enough for a man to wear as well, even if was mostly licorice with his chemistry, the violet is not overly "flowery," to my nose.

Hahaha, Countess! That Nickname is soooo OLD! When I was a younger punk rock chick I used to stash a few McDonalds cheeseburgers in my purse to feed the starving rock kids (including myself at times), after shows and such. --Finally my friend Ian started calling me Cheeseburger.

Every rock kid has an alias and that was mine! Haha! Pretty silly!

But that was many moons ago-ah memories.

Anyways, I'm still lookin forward to Black Candy! I'm hoping that one makes my MAN hungry! FOR ME!!!!

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 2 weeks later...

This is an interesting and unusual one. I get nearly equal anise and violet while wet and then mostly floral with the anise as the 'what IS that?' note behind. Should lead to curious and closer sniffing. :wub: This leans more towards the typical perfumey than most LPs while remaining atypical smelling, if you know what I mean. IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Huh. I got a bottle of this, and I really like it, totally-but its verrrrry LIGHT on my skin.

I was expecting this dark deep breed of scent, and what I'm gettin is almost springy.

Black licorice, for sure, in perfect balance with earthy purple violets(not the candy type like in Piaa's), and the amber is there, in the background.

But the overall throw here is like, PLAYFUL. I enjoy it immensely. I just thought this would be some deep dark womanly thing. It isn't, at least on me. I could wear this anywhere, day or night and it would perfectly acceptable.

It's a beautifully done and well blended scent, just not the dark mysterious thing I thought it would be. I'm very happy nonetheless. Sweet and flowery with a youthful kick.

WEll done again. As for the aphrodesiac aspect? Yes-I've been nibbled at all day. THAT is awesome!

I agree with the Countess, over OCCO black, this would be the heady, womanly thing I thought it would be-but its lovely on its own as well! Thanks gals! :lol:

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 1 month later...

I would like to add that wearing Black Candy today I had quite a few compliments... and no pheros!!

I ran into my hunkilious mailman and he was like woahhhh what are you wearing.

Ive forgotten how beautiful this fragrance until today.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got a sample vial of this (saw it under the men's section and the ingredients sounded interesting) and I put a couple of swipes onto my index finger to judge the scent. Now, I believe that a guy could get away with wearing this for a night out (I don't think it'd be work appropriate). I wanted to make sure that was posted so if any guys are curious who read the review. I do think that a guy could wear this.

Having said that, if I smelled this on a woman I'd follow her to the ends of the earth. Yeah, I like it that much. The next serious relationship I have, I am going to be giving this as a gift in the hopes she'd wear it. In the name of science, I'll try wearing this but I think I'll be too busy smelling myself to notice anyone elses reactions. :666:

Having said that, if I smelled this on a woman I'd follow her to the ends of the earth. Yeah, I like it that much. The next serious relationship I have, I am going to be giving this as a gift in the hopes she'd wear it. In the name of science, I'll try wearing this but I think I'll be too busy smelling myself to notice anyone elses reactions. :)

Verrrrra, verrrrra interesting :BananaRow: I may have to try this one on Mr Cheeky... I have such a long list of LP's (and phero's!) to test on him, but I may have to bum this one up a bit higher on the list :wub:

if I smelled this on a woman I'd follow her to the ends of the earth. :wub:

Ah, Snoops has found his Cupid's Arrow of fragrance....

Anise will do that to a man, sometimes.

**rushes off to add a sample to her cart, in the hopes that DH will be overcome with lust (moreso than usual, anyway). Or that DH will steal it from her stash and wear it himself, since violets make Pony's knees weak**

Heh, I wish anise worked on Quince like it's supposed to (but he dislikes it and gave me a look when I wore Naughty Minx for him, alas); however it's a note I would always recommend to anyone looking for that boynip factor.

You laugh, oh evil lovely one, but I am sitting here braiding liquorice whips right this minute...hehehe...the plain thin ones won't hold up very long. You have to braid them together and leave the ends for a popper.

Unfortunately, it doesn't make a nice satisfying <crack> sound, but I work around that.

• 2 months later...

At first I get soapy licorice then it dries down to a clean slightly black licorice scent.