Verhext

Invidiana

AD-Verhext.jpg

Verhext

Men and women can be bewitching this Autumn with our vibrant layering of warm woods and fallen leaves, a trace of woodfire smoke, the piquant zing of a trio of spicy pepper EOs, sensuous dragon's blood resin and smoky patchouli infused with ripe fig.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
WARM WOODS & FALLEN LEAVES ~ Love, spreads an exotic aura, mystery, darkness. Enhances psychic powers, healing, divination, luck, protection.
FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.
DRAGON'S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The description had me at "fallen leaves", and the scent is an amazing interpretation of this time of year. :love: It's warm, woody, smoky and autumnal with just the right amount of thick sweetness in the background to balance everything out. I take it the sweetness comes from the fig, which lends a certain pleasant stickiness to it, and deeply sexy dragon's blood which has its sensuality amped up with the addition of patchouli. For anyone afraid of pepper, take it from someone who often amps spices; it really only adds a warming element to the blend and doesn't scream OMGITSPEPPERFROMYOURSPICECABINET, I promise. I feel it actually mixes flawlessly with everything else; I can't pick out "pepper" per se, just a certain overall heat. This is an awesome autumnal scent that knowing myself I'd probably wear year-round.

The description had me at "fallen leaves", and the scent is an amazing interpretation of this time of year. :Hug_emoticon: It's warm, woody, smoky and autumnal with just the right amount of thick sweetness in the background to balance everything out. I take it the sweetness comes from the fig, which lends a certain pleasant stickiness to it, and deeply sexy dragon's blood which has its sensuality amped up with the addition of patchouli. For anyone afraid of pepper, take it from someone who often amps spices; it really only adds a warming element to the blend and doesn't scream OMGITSPEPPERFROMYOURSPICECABINET, I promise. I feel it actually mixes flawlessly with everything else; I can't pick out "pepper" per se, just a certain overall heat. This is an awesome autumnal scent that knowing myself I'd probably wear year-round.

I'd actually like this one a lot as well. I've only tried a dab out of the sample vial after liking there and it wears pretty well on me. I think it could smell awesome on a woman!

When I first put it on, it smelled clean and spicy. Very nice.

Then, as it dried down more, I got a very 'pine' smell from it.

I could definitely see it working for a man or a woman.

• 2 weeks later...

Has verhext lead to anyone being versext?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Has verhext lead to anyone being versext?

Yes, i got a compliment like that from my coworker wearing verhext at work. it was like - oh my god you are wearing dangerously sexy fragrance. lol now it is for us to interpret what he meant by "dangerously sexy"

i am just in love with this one, i am a complete dominating spicy fragrance lover..... but i can't wear it in summers. it is actually dangerously hot ( for me as well) as i don't feel chills but i feel hot hot all the time... lol. :D

it is very warm fragrance, warm & hot, instant bewitching heat lol.....

• 1 month later...

Kudos to John-John for how beautifully constructed this is; it really does possess a beautful deep Autumnal evocation; but alas I can't wear it, the dragon's blood hates me, I've decided. But I do like that peppery heart, even though I don't really wear things like that, it's such an interesting note to use in fragrance.

But this is one I'd definitely encourage the guys to try, athough technically it's unisex.

• 3 months later...

This is one of my top 5! I love Autumn scents, and I don't know of any other company that makes a body scent similar to falling leaves. There are plenty of candles scented with that, but no other perfume that I've seen. I love it!!!

• 1 year later...

I bought this in the clearance sale this August and had to explain it to someone that wanted it in a trade since it didn't work for me. It does smell good but two things are keeping me from enjoying it-- 1) before I really tried the spell potions, I felt that Verhext was nice but a little too grown up for me. and 2) now that I've worn Gimme Money a lot, the cookie smell in Verhext reminds me too much of Gimme Money. I liked Gimme Money at first, but now I put it on my feet or ankle for intent because it's just too strong (similar to Scotchies on me.)

Here's what I wrote:

"

I put verhext on. Okay, I'll do my best with the description. It kind of has a men's aftershave smell..maybe like stetson? But not as sharp because there's no alcohol. There's a little bit of warm autumn cookie spice behind that--similar to gimme money but not as strong. Wrapped all around that is a warm dustiness--it's been awhile since I've smelled moon on the falling leaves but this smells like warm autumn leaves being raked up--a little dusty. The men's aftershave part dies down and let's the other stuff come through. If you just smell it the framework of the leaves and maybe some little white flowers (couldn't tell you which) are what you're left with. But trying to dissect it I'm left with mainly aftershave, with fifteen percent oatmeal cookie spices and then thirty percent or so warm dusty leaves.

Hope that helps. Since you like unseelie (and thus clearly like the smell of leather) I think it would be the type of scent that would pair nicely with leather[talking about the scent, not the UN phero], or a nice unsweetened almost masculine vanilla."

AD-Verhext_1.jpg

WARM WOODS & FALLEN LEAVES ~ Love, spreads an exotic aura, mystery, darkness. Enhances psychic powers, healing, divination, luck, protection.
FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
PEPPER ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, exorcism, breaks hexes.
DRAGON'S BLOOD ~ Entices errant lovers to return, increases power of other ingredients. Love, protection, exorcism, potency.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration.

Yup and just Iike gimme cookies. Ah well. Who can explain zee mysteries of zee skin chemistry ...

I know that. I'm saying it smelled just like that (though it definitely wasn't as strong and it was in the background.) Wasn't like I'd worn Gimme Money recently either. Ah well-- it's being traded to Cheeseburger so we'll see what she thinks. She said she just hopes the dragon's blood isn't too strong. I will say that I really appreciated the smoke in this-- I think that was part of the dust/autumn leaf raking thing going on. If I could just take that and transplant that into Apparition (where I get a tiny whiff of smoke and then it's gone on me, though the marshmallow sticks around) it would be gangbusters.

• 1 year later...

I love, love, love this! I can't do dragon's blood and on my skin, the fig balances the smoke, leaves and woods. It has a tad of spiciness from the pepper, giving the scent the warm and protective vibe. I'll definitely wear this on cool rainy days now.