Sparkle Fuchsia

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But wouldn't cotton candy be too sweet? As in Candy pop sweet? That smelled like gum balls.

Candy Pop actually had a bubble gum accord in it, as does Wooing and Wapture.

It is truly quite different from the scent of cotton candy, pink sugar or berry sugar oils. When we make something smell "pink", we use those kinds of sugars and add berries to amplify the "pinkness".

Candy Pop actually had a bubble gum accord in it, as does Wooing and Wapture.

It is truly quite different from the scent of cotton candy, pink sugar or berry sugar oils. When we make something smell "pink", we use those kinds of sugars and add berries to amplify the "pinkness".

Wow. That post got me wondering Mara, did you gain this wealth of knowledge through years of making scents, trial and error etc, or classes, or handed down from others? I mean, just keeping all the past potion recipes and future ideas in your head, how is there room for anything else? Most vendors I encounter that make soaps, body scrubs or bath oils usually use a few scent ingredients. How is it that you can retain all of this AND know what goes with that to offset the t'other?

:shocked:

Sooo, are we leaning towards more of a bakery style Pink Pumpkin Spice scent?

I left the bakery aspect out of LadyV's Sparkle Plenty.

@ Raq - it's mostly a case of hands-on working with the materials, because when I started doing this on a professional level way back in 1986, the oils on the market were entirely different to what is available today. There's a lot more available today because of headspacing technology. So I learn new things all the time and hunt around for suppliers all over the world to find new and different oils.

Quitting the entertainment business in 2007 leaves more room in the brain for this..as I no longer have to keep arrangements of 100 songs in my head, or my roster of artists and their thousands of songs fresh in my brain for TV/Film licensing. It's like a different world to me now...I've forgotten so much of that former life, it's as if it happened to someone else!

Sooo, are we leaning towards more of a bakery style Pink Pumpkin Spice scent?

I left the bakery aspect out of LadyV's Sparkle Plenty....................

At first the no-bakery bit confused me, but then I thought about how Sparkle Plenty really smells on me, and I see what you mean. A bakery style Pink Pumpkin Spice scent would be as addictive as the original brew, IMLO (in my Libran opinion). HEEE! Yais, pleeeeze. :heart::heart::heart:

.........Quitting the entertainment business in 2007 leaves more room in the brain for this..as I no longer have to keep arrangements of 100 songs in my head, or my roster of artists and their thousands of songs fresh in my brain for TV/Film licensing. It's like a different world to me now...I've forgotten so much of that former life, it's as if it happened to someone else!

It's weird how we adapt, isn't it? S'why we can keep on keepin' on. But AWWWWWWW Maaarrrrrraaaaa...don't you have at least *99* song arrangements still bouncing around your cranium...? :banana011: Edited by ElizabethOSP

Nice chatting with you today Mara! My vote then is for a bakery scent. I know it sounds vague, but sparkle f. had that cookie like scent to me. Not a cake but a cookie. And it was pink, but not plastic pink like some vanilla's (the french vanilla mara put it) can be. It's the only scent that I truly huff non stop.

So bakery bakery baker babe!

Mara was wondering if the rest of us pumpkin pinkies would weigh in on whether we wanted a bakery or what

But AWWWWWWW Maaarrrrrraaaaa...don't you have at least *99* song arrangements still bouncing around your cranium...? :banana011:

Like this?:

99 dead baboons, lying in my living room

I'm just glad that they're not apes,

cause they would clash with my drapes...

:lol:

I had the sample spray of SF since last year and didnt really test it out until the other day,I only sprayed like 2 sprays on my neck and I could smell it throughout the day so long lasting..I bet a bakery type sparkel fushia would be soo delicious.I would buy a bottle!

Like this?:

99 dead baboons, lying in my living room

I'm just glad that they're not apes,

cause they would clash with my drapes...

:lol:

... I can honestly say I have never

heard that one before :10_small16:

I had an amazing day yesterday with Sparkle Fuchsia and Occo Pink,although the O.P. might have been overkill :001_302: Cougar is soooo perfect with this scent! Mara know it will be awesome :abfx:

• 4 months later...

Okay, can we make more of this? Because it's amazing. I had the best day wearing this and there has to be a way that we can keep a steady supply of this coming into my home because I'm going to run through it.

Everyone was soooo nice to me. Everyone. I had a customer tip me and I don't work at a job where we can receive tips. A woman stopped shopping to come over and tell me I was lovely. A cute guy at a concert stopped me to try on my glasses. Also like, all children love me in this. I was like the pied freakin' piper all day today... minus the kids disappearing, etc etc. They followed me around a lot is my point.

Now look. I feel like this place is magical. And everyday can be like today. Let's make it happen, because I'm in love and I know I'm not the only one.

Okay, can we make more of this? Because it's amazing. I had the best day wearing this and there has to be a way that we can keep a steady supply of this coming into my home because I'm going to run through it.

Everyone was soooo nice to me. Everyone. I had a customer tip me and I don't work at a job where we can receive tips. A woman stopped shopping to come over and tell me I was lovely. A cute guy at a concert stopped me to try on my glasses. Also like, all children love me in this. I was like the pied freakin' piper all day today... minus the kids disappearing, etc etc. They followed me around a lot is my point.

Now look. I feel like this place is magical. And everyday can be like today. Let's make it happen, because I'm in love and I know I'm not the only one.

I have a smidge left in my bottle. I can't bring myself to wear it. I just smell it. LOL I wish this could be rebrewed too

• 1 month later...

FINALLY!! Thanks to the generosity of MDC, I got to try this very coveted perfume. I love it! You guys were right, this is heavenly status. I get sweet pumpkin, berries, spice and vanilla. And my hubby, who barely comments on what I'm wearing, said umm, what are you wearing, you smell delicious. Getting in my time machine now :lol:

FINALLY!! Thanks to the generosity of MDC, I got to try this very coveted perfume. I love it! You guys were right, this is heavenly status. I get sweet pumpkin, berries, spice and vanilla. And my hubby, who barely comments on what I'm wearing, said umm, what are you wearing, you smell delicious. Getting in my time machine now :lol:

How does this compare with MM?

Ohhh, I'm going to have to snag one of these for me....your review is making me drool

How does this compare with MM?

They are actually very similar. MM is a bit sweeter, but it hasn't had time to age like SF, so that could be why. I'm still going to purchase another bottle of MM because it's definitely a two bottle scent (at least two). And if SF was available I would purchase a few bottles of that also. Since I'm getting ready to have nothing to do because of the storm, I will apply both blends on different arms, and do a better comparison when I have Internet again.

• 1 year later...

Went out for dinner with two girlfriends after work. Had sufficient time to go home to drop off my laptop and refresh my scents. Went with LP Pink mixed with vanilla lotion, a couple of sprays of Topper and 3 sprays of SF (sample vial). Took the train as it was the peak hour. As usual, looked out for signs of hits and (as usual) nothing and I take it as its the culture here.

Close to the end of my 30 minutes subway ride to town, the train got rather empty - seats were all taken but not too many people were left standing. The guy who stood behind me was on his phone and he was kind of blocking my way to the door when I got ready to alight at the next stop. I tapped him lightly on his shoulder and told that he make way. He stepped back and I walked forward. The next moment, I heard a commotion in the cabin and I turned around and found the guy on the floor. He fell!

Look, the train was traveling at regular speed as it was still a long way to the next station). Most of the passengers looked at me as if I pushed him down. So I walked back to him and asked if he was okay before moving back to the door. I was kind of laughing inside but I felt bad. I "blame" it on Cougar in SF.....

• 2 years later...

I wear this to work a lot. I must have hit my sweet spot with Cougar yesterday, because I stopped in at the coffee shop to grab a cup before heading in to work, and people's heads were nearly snapping off their necks when I walked past them, and I'm sure I wasn't looking particularly fantastic. I got distracted during application because BF was gabbing at me, and God knows I can't do two things at once - I basically fogged myself. Thank goodness I love the scent! I smelled incredible, all day long. And people were so chipper and friendly - even my boss, who's usually an uptight crank. I'll have to fog myself more often, I suppose. I think I probably topped 10 sprays! :o

10 sprays! That's a lot but it's a nice scent so it should not be overwhelming.

I'm not sure if it was 10 or not, but it was lots more than I usually wear... which is about 4-5 sprays.

Cougar is one that I could wear a TON of too.

It worked! :lol: