I don't want to claim to be a phero expert like others on this forum who are long term users albeit I've been utilising them for a while now and thanks to the advice proffered on this forum together with trial and error, I have come to some basic conclusions that I think could hopefully be useful to those who have just started using pheros. Much of this has already been said but I just wanted to synthesize. And hope others will also offer some good advice.

1) What works for someone else on their target might not work for you:

-everyone's body chemistry is different, younger women generally need less cops than older women whose bodies produce less. For example, I heard cougar was great, so I ordered it but on me it seems to scare younger men (as if I came on too strong) whereas when I use it around older men, they have complimented me on my eyes, hair etc. So that leads me to the second point

2) Every man is different, some produce more testosterone than others.

Younger men respond better it seems to lesser amounts of cops on me, whilst older men to more cops. In my individual experience, if I wear too much cops about my boyfriend who is 27 he often becomes somewhat aggressive whereas the same amount with an older gentleman I know had him swooning all over me but not in an aggressive way. I just need to use a few subtle swipes of cops around my boyfriend and that gets him going and that works far better than layering on the cops.

So bottom line:

not only your natural chemistry but also that of your target will determine what you should be using and how much.

3) Pheromone usage should be decided upon according to context:

-there are many warnings about not using cops in dangerous, stressful or certain work situations. I read one warning by Rosebud (?) about how she wore a cop heavy blend to work to affect her target man, since she works in a hospital performing surgery this was a fiasco as her man, a surgeon could not concentrate on the task at hand and kept on dropping surgical instruments. I have read yet others say that cops in public places can cause men to behave inappropriately or aggressively.

-I have also learned the hard way. I wore a cop heavy blend one holiday when my boyfriend and I were travelling with heavy cases on train. Big mistake. He is usually a little stressed with travel but that day he turned into an obsessive aggressive guy. I'd never seen him that way. He kept on complaining, shouting how we'd be late, getting upset and stressed about minor details. It was horrible.

The next time we travelled I put on Lace an EST blend. He was another man altogether, he carried my bags from our door step to the final destination, he was caring, chivalrous and calm.

4) Cops will cause other women to react negatively often, so don't wear a coppy blend when with older women, girlfriends or if your work place is mostly female. Once when wearing blatant invitation on the subway, in fact quite recently, going out on a dinner date, a woman in her 20s started to pick a fight with me, it was bizarre.

These are a few pointers I hope will prove useful...

Edited by Indigo

Your comment about cougar affecting *older* men "better" than (or at least as much as) younger ones actually seems pretty common, including when used by people who I believe to be older than you (including me).

Personally I haven't had any negative reactions from women when I wear cops, but I'm seldom around very young women so maybe that's a factor.

Hmmm cops usually get me hit on by other women??? So weird!

Yeah, a lot of women say that other women can get bitchy if one wears too many cops....some younger ladies have reported actual fights occurring. I think it is more common in situations where there are men around as well, and the women sense the cops as a signal of "competition". I have only seen the claws come out when I am cop-laden and at parties where there is a mixed group of men and women (and even then, it is not EVERY time, either)......if it is just women, I normally don't have any issues....sometimes I do get the "what is that smell?" comments, but other than that, if there are no males to "compete" for, no prob......

Edited by Dolly

I tend to think Cougar works as it was created to do when a woman who could actually qualify as such wears it. Younger women are the ones who seem to experience the effect of attracting older men. Cougar makes me a little more sparkly to people in general, but it has absolutely no effect on Quince (who is 11 years older than me) whereas I have at times noticed a bit of attention from younger guys, but nothing blatantly obvious.

Edited by luna65

I tend to think Cougar works are it was created to do when a woman who could actually qualify as such wears it. Younger women are the ones who seem to experience the effect of attracting older men. Cougar makes me a little more sparkly to people in general, but it has absolutely no effect on Quince (who is 11 years older than me) whereas I have at times noticed a bit of attention from younger guys, but nothing blatantly obvious.

Yeah, me too......I get younger men (and boys) falling all over themselves, but with the older men and women, I get more of a "popularity" vibe.....