Festival of Lights

bruiseviolet

AD-FestofLights.jpg?v=7516fd43adaa

Festival of Lights

The holidays are a time to join in celebration with friends and loved ones, and many traditions are shared the world over - such as the Festival of Lights - which is celebrated by multiple cultures. A memory of joyous warmth is shared in our swoon-worthy hot cocoa scent...but with a twist. This is a version known as "Snowflake Cocoa" which is wholly light and fluffy with white chocolate, steamed milk, whipped cream, marshmallow and a kiss of peppermint. We must warn you against gnawing your own arm off, but we can't guarantee someone else might not try!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
WHITE CHOCOLATE aka COCOA BUTTER ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
MARSHMALLOW ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMG this one is so good! It smells just like peppermint hot cocoa with marshmallows! I feel like I could drink it. :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

I think this is my favorite of the month. Unbelievably yummy.

My favorite too. :666:

Halo, it doesn't really smell like white chocolate to me, I was surprised. Maybe because the peppermint smell covers up some of the white chocolate, I dunno, but it smells EXACTLY like hot chocolate to me. :001_302:

It doesn't make me think of white chocolate per se, in that I don't get the sense of sugary cocoa-ness. The peppermint is really present at first, but it burns off rather quickly for me, but the cocoa evocation is snuggly and warm and sweet, it wears fairly close. If you like chocolate scents this is definitely one to get!

Unbelievably yummy is right! Holy...I really, badly want to gnaw my arm off right now, and at the same time I'm craving an incredibly fattening drinkable version of this. The creamy hot chocolate is very true, the mint mixes into it perfectly without being too sharp; there just isn't much more to say because it's soooo good!

A light chocolate scent, with a hint of peppermint.

So delicious, so creamy! I really, really like this one.

I can't decide if it smells more like white chocolate or cocoa. But I am happy to sit here sniffing it and trying to guess!

OK, this time I didn't have 45 scents on and was able to properly pay attention to it wet- and yup, "kissed with peppermint" is the perfect description - delicious!!!

Did you get in on the Peppermint/Coffee scrub,I used it today and now am slathered in Festival of Lights...OMG,what a YUM combo!

*Grrr,I missed the Eggnoggy one,how sweet would that be with CompP !

I get no peppermint - just straight up rich creamy foamy hot chocolate. This is not a complaint.

Me too Tyvey. No Peppermint to be found. Just like swimming in a vat of Hot Cocoa.

Amazing how chemistry can differ so much,this one lasts long on me,or maybe I should say lingers?...I get those whiffs that make me smile :lol: It is not the strongest,but lasts.I am going to shower in a bit with the Peppermint/Coffee scrub and then slather on some more for the afternoon.It is such a soothing scent to me,hmmm,perhaps a scent memory from my childhood.

Had a thought,that this might get boosted with Teddy :icecream:

THIS SOUNDS SOOOOO GOOD.... I'm sitting in a cold cold COLD bedroom at 3am trying to finish my essay and reading about this made me want some "HOT" COCOA!!!! :icecream:

the mint in this reminds me of those soft butter mints, no sharpness at all

Thank you...mmmm that is it!

was like just right at the edge of my brain,trying to form,dang :D

• 3 weeks later...

THIS IS ONE AMAZING CHOCO SCENT! It's not dark chocolate. THIS IS SWEET MILK CHOCOLATE! It reminds me of maltesers!!!! THIS IS SO YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked:

LP team, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! <_<:D:D

• 4 months later...

Exactly like cocoa with mint, yummy! And now that it's dry, it's "blooming" and I am getting whiffs of milk chocolate that aren't making me crave food. Yay! A hit!

Edited by perfumesniffer

• 1 year later...

I am so glad I got a bottle of this in the sale! I just broke the seal on it today, because I've been waiting for a day exactly like today to wear it. It's a cold fall day, and we're getting quite a lot of rain and wind from Hurricane Sandy, so I'm happy to be wrapped up in jammies & fuzzy socks, wearing Festival of Lights, (and a bit of H&S).

I think it was Calii who suggested this one, and I thank her profusely, because this is lovely. There's a chocolatier in my town that makes a semi-famous confection called a "Mint Smoothie", and it's made of the creamiest milk chocolate you can imagine, and a gorgeous wintery peppermint. They're absolutely addictive. And they smell pretty much like this. In the winter, almost every restaurant in town keeps a supply of mint smoothies frozen, to grate over the top of hot chocolate. Sooo awesome! That's what FoL reminds me of: having a big frothy mug of hot chocolate topped with grated mint smoothie, (and doused with an obscene amount of Bailey's Irish Cream), while watching the snow fly from the front window of one of my favourite restaurants.

I shoved my arm under BF's nose after I applied, and his response was, "Mmm! You smell exactly like hot chocolate!". And as far as he's concerned, that is a very good thing. :)

• 2 years later...

Haven't worn this in ages and ages... It got minty sitting around all that time! I mean, mintier than minty! :lol: I rolled the little roller ball up my arm, and the coolness of the mint gave me goose bumps! I'm now happily slathered, and smelling like the best minty hot chocolate, ever. Damn! :D

• 4 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

This is nice, minty scent... When wet all I get is chocolate, but as it dries down it's all about the peppermint.