Snowbound

bruiseviolet

I love the maple in this, it's a really thick syrupy top note, and then I get a lot of coconut which actually accentuates the wood and nuts and makes it warm and snuggly. It reminds me that years ago BPAL made sort of a similar blend called Hearth (well one of the versions of that scent was a "chestnuts roasting" kind of scent) but that one made me think of bacon because the smoky wood was so strong!

*edit*

The maple comes back around after about an hour. *slurp*

Edited by luna65

This month is turning out to be absolute foody heaven, even more than I expected. Whoo, ee. This is spiced nuts caramel-roasted over hickory. YUMMMMMMMMMMM

ETA this is another one I'd *love* to smell on a guy...

Edited by tyvey

My goodies from this months release are still en route so I haven't actually tried it yet... I only got the sample of this one as the notes of smoke & hickory scared me. I tend to amp those kinds of scents to ridiculous levels.

Now I'm not so sure being a chicken was the right decision...maybe I should have just gotten the unsniffed bottle :OUDFDC~110:

MAPLE SYRUP ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.

HICKORY ~ Aids legal matters. Love, lust, protection.

CHESTNUT ~ Amplifies male potency, love.

ALMOND ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight.

COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity

So is the one fairly sweet and is the hickory, like hickory wood or hickory nuts?

I really liked this one! Very rich, very sweet. I was wearing it the other day because it seemed like the perfect thing to brighten up a literally "Snowbound" day . . . But I made the mistake of putting the sample in my pocket for later. *facepalm* Well, I smelled great at least . . . And now so does my cell phone!

I wore this last night to a very small, intimate girl's night in and it was perfect! Along with Open Windows it completely fit the vibe of hanging out at someone's home with a fire in the fireplace, rain outside, good food and drink and friends laughing together!!

Loved the almond in the beginning, but sadly it faded. Man do I wish I loved brown sugar. It takes over everything. It was a nutty warm nomminess but just too much into my evil brown sugar territory. Remined me a little of Sugared Moondust

I was going to get a bottle of this unsniffed but at the last minute I changed my mind as I was a bit worried I'd amp the hickory...

Turns out it was definitively the right decision. I did amp the hickory & it was so potent before dry down I even got a bit wheezy :)

So now Snowbound for Rosebud...just as well I guess since I didn't get any of the lovely vanilla I was hoping for :(

• 4 weeks later...

This is a delicious thick and gooey concoction of buttered chestnuts and almonds positively oozing with caramelized maple syrup and a hint of coconut like the dessert interpretation of a dusting of snow. As it dries down the woodsy background of the hickory only adds to the warmth and coziness of it. This is another one of those that made me keep reminding myself not to lick it off. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OOO... This didn't work on me a few months ago! :banana058: Now i"m getting almond biscuits!! :banana026::):banana011: Itz buttery almond biscuit! :banana038: