Unwrapped

luna65

AD-Unwrapped.jpg

Unwrapped

A simple but sexy version of the coveted comestible - The Winter Pear - oft given as a holiday gift. Few can resist the naked allure of the "bare" pear: we blended several pear accords then accentuated the ripe juicy aspect with touches of brown sugar, vanilla, fig and fresh pumpkin. 'Tis better to give than to receive...so let yourself be unwrapped with great anticipation!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PEAR ~ Love, lust, passion, longevity and luck.
BROWN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
BUTTER ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some of you may recall that I'm a bit of a pear fanatic and Sugared Pears is one of my absolute favorites for that perfect moment of juicy pear AWESOMENESS.

*ahem*

So when Mara told me she was doing another pear fragrance I made squeaky sounds and flailed about and now here it is...*huffs self*

This is more of an actual pear, if that makes sense: it's an evocation of crisp flesh and a bit of tartness from the skin and it's really fresh and it sort of reminds me of the accord which is in Maxine d'Arc's Tarty Spiced Pear except this is just fruit. It's definitely more of a fall/winter-type fruit fragrance and yet you could throw some EoW in there if you wanted because it's such a robust kind of fruit even if it's not overtly sweet. But if you're a pear lover you need this for your collection, definitely.

I am a pear lover, and this is incredible! When I first sniffed it in the vial it was strong and spicy, and not precisely pear-ish.

As soon as it hit my skin, hello gorgeous pear! It is warm and sweet and spicy pearfection. Lasts long, and I think it would layer beautifully with any sugary, buttery, or creamy blends.

Yum. I knew I would love this one!

I am normally not a fan of pear as a single note BUT when I saw this had brown sugar, vanilla, fig and pumpkin--some of my favorite note--I knew I couldn't pass it by, and I was right. This is like a lovely baked pear caramelized with brown sugar and vanilla and warmed up with fig and pumpkin. It's actually quite addictive too--I can't stop sniffing it myself, so I'll try it with the boy...

So odd -- on me it gives a strong, clear, bright floral, not pear, impression, like a single note blown on a trumpet or like a lighthouse beacon. No pear, no fig, no vanilla, no pumpkin (thoguh that tends to disappear on me anyway). I couldn't tell you what flower, but a sweet-smelling one like freesia (it doesn't smell like freesia, but sweet the way freesia is sweet). Will try again - nose may be timing out.

Upon application, it's a fresh pear that makes me think specifically of biting through the skin of a nice pear.

On drydown, a little more of the fig and pumpkin come through, melding together in a sweet delightful way.

• 1 month later...

This reminds me of Pomme de Poison but with pears instead of apples. They are both crisp, ripe fruit types of scents and both have a Christmasy feel. This one doesn't smell like potpourri though and it is warmer. It is like crisp juicy pears covered in butter and brown sugar.

• 1 month later...

One night at work, I kept catching whiffs of something deeeelishus, that I couldn't place. It didn't seem to be what I had on, but similar... It was SO pretty, I couldn't find it though and it was driving me crazy. I was sniffing all on myself and the other girls (yeah, it was goofy), I figured out it was me (YAY) but not sure how exactly I'd gotten that sweet, creamy, yummy smell ...and why it wafted sporadically :001_302:

As it turns out, the Unwrapped sample I had in my pocket had broken :) Aaaaah, bittersweet. Thank god I had already gotten a bottle! :D

• 6 months later...

I had high hopes for this one... at first I wasn't too impressed with it, but it's growing on me. Definitely a yummy, baked pear, a little tart. Not as much spices as I had hoped, but still a very pretty scent :Hug_emoticon:

• 8 months later...

This starts out like warm, baked goods on me, which I guess is the pumpkin and the brown sugar. The pear quickly comes out, but it is too sharp for my liking, I almost thought it was a woody smell actually. Fortunately it settles down on dry down, to become a soft, florally pear.

I don't think I'm a big fan of pear scents. I love fruits, but I think I go more for berries and tropical fruity smells. Pear is a little too green to me, like sandalwood.

• 1 year later...

Hmm...Another I could have sworn I'd reviewed a long, long time ago. I got a sample in a trade quite a while back, and loved it immediately. I didn't get a bottle until this most recent sale, when I finally scooped one up. (woot!)

Tonight I put it on, (everywhere - I mean, I *slathered* this puppy), and the weirdest thing happened. It went on smelling gorgeous, as usual, and then as I was waiting for it to dry, it disappeared for about 10-15 minutes. :huh: I don't know where it went. Coffee break, maybe? But when it came back, it went right on doing what it normally does - behave like the sexy, pear-flesh skin scent it is. The fruitiness is cut by the vanilla, and maybe a little by the pumpkin, too? I'm not sure. But it's luscious. I gave my arm to BF to smell, and he kind of grunted and said, "smells good". Then he grabbed my arm back and stuck his nose on it and said, "Oh my God, that one smells good. I mean, rully, rully good."

Which is funny, 'cause that's the reason I got it. He did *exactly* the same thing the very first time I ever tried it, way back when... :lol: Glad I scored a bottle! I think I need one boosted with cops. :666:

• 4 months later...

Oh Wow! This is a sexy, naughty spiced , juicy pear with some holiday treats trimming the edges. A little sweet & sticky holiday treat, that's what i am wearing this.

I started laughing because I was forcibly reminded of the SNL holiday video "Twin Bed"

Check out this clip if you can. It says it all. :D

• 4 months later...

I found my sample of this that I forgot I had!

This one is pretty much all fresh pear on me, early on there is a hint of the brown sugar, but my skin eats that up. Then fig appears and mixes with the pear too, no sign of vanilla/butter/pumpkin sadly. Once wearing the fig dominates and as a result it ended up smelling a bit soapy! Fresh and light but the soapy wasn't what I was looking for.

I wanted to spice it up a bit so I layered with some LP Original (I don't have any LP Red but thought that might be good too?). On me LP wears pretty much vanilla/patchouli, but that gives the Unwrapped just enough chutzpah to spice it up.

Still on a quest for a spicy pear...

• 4 months later...

I finally tried the vial of this that one of my lovely and generous trade partners sent me :) I had no idea what was in it until I looked it up. I actually thought at first it might be honeydew :lol: But yeah, once I saw it was pear, it totally smelled like pear :lol:

I'm not a big fan of fruity scents but I really enjoy this one. I'll use up the vial for sure. I get pears and brown sugar, and that's it, but it's delicious and a very fresh, juicy pear.

Edited by Memorare

This is a classic. Hard to believe it's four years old! Usually I swap out the scents on my dresser with the seasons, but Unwrapped--in spite of its "cheeky" Christmas label--stays year-round. For Unwrapped, there really is no time like the (Christmas) present.

• 6 months later...

Mountainwitch - I swap out my scents, too!!! And I love pear scents! However, this smells like a wonderful holiday pear scent to me! I save it for late fall/Christmas. It definitely smells like a crisp pear, but with nothing but sweetness. A yummy pear, but a wintery pear if that makes sense. The husband commented right away that I smelled good just by walking in the room. But it does not seem to last very long on me. I must reapply. A definite slatherer! I do kind of get a floral. It must be the fig that is the culprit. I am starting to think that fig translates as "floral" to my nose.

• 2 months later...