Ho Ho Ho (hohoho <- to help people search)

tyvey

AD-HoHoHo-sm_.jpg

Ho Ho Ho

If you wear this while sitting on Santa's knee, don't be surprised if he tells you he doesn't care if you've been bad or good, you'll be getting what you want anyway!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
POINSETTIA ~ Happiness, good cheer, success, good wishes, celebration, mirth. (aka Mexican Flame Leaf)
PLUM ~ Inspires & maintains love, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.
HOLLY ~ Aphrodisiac, promotes beauty; for consecration, foresight, strongly protective, luck.
EVERGREENS ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibility, soothes marital problems.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.
HOLIDAY SPICES ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Extremely sweet - pleasantly so. Otherwise frankly I wouldn't even consider wearing these green notes, as to me they sounded a bit scary on paper. WET: a new experience: foody greens and evergreens. I know it sounds weird but I'm acquiring the taste apace - you know, the way beer and coffee and vegemite all taste weird the first time and next thing you know you can't get enough. It's literally mouthwatering.

It does NOT have the pointyness I irrationally expected it to. Just sweet sweet, vaguely green, fruity candy.

Not yet 100% sold on wanting to smell like this, but I do keep compulsively sniffing the application spot. Would be absolutely delightful B&B.

DRY: nose may be timed out but I now get almost no green- mostly musky sweet slightly peachy goodness.

POINSETTIA ~ Happiness, good cheer, success, good wishes, celebration, mirth. (aka Mexican Flame Leaf)

PLUM ~ Inspires & maintains love, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.

HOLLY ~ Aphrodisiac, promotes beauty; for consecration, foresight, strongly protective, luck.

EVERGREENS ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.

YLANG YLANG ~ Strongly sensual, attraction, attention, irresistibility, soothes marital problems.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.

HOLIDAY SPICES ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

How loud is the peach in this one? Normally it amps on me, but I can wear it without even knowing it's there in Betrothal Potion.

Definitely not dominant especially at first (didn't pick it up at all for the first few hours). Then it comes out, but still not PEACH like Kittenish or Persica. Just part of the fun. That's on me at least.

When I first put this on, it was green and more than a little bitter/herbal. After about 30 minutes, it turned much sweeter, but not overly so. I am not a fan of green scents, but this one morphed into something really nice!

This was very sharp on me with application, I have to watch it with certain green notes because my skin just amps them terribly. But after about half an hour it settles down to a smooth green scent with sweet elements. It's a pretty holiday-themed green/floral blend for those who enjoy that kind of fragrance.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I brought the sample vial along for my summer vacation (I know this is truly a Christmas scent). I decided to use it (lightly on my wrists) one evening and the moment I apply this, my son told me that he wanted to puke and that, quote, "There are some scents which I don't like and this is one of them which makes me sick." Therefore I washed it off and applied LP Red to cover the scent.

I think I'll use it in an oil burner in my office this winter.

I brought the sample vial along for my summer vacation (I know this is truly a Christmas scent). I decided to use it (lightly on my wrists) one evening and the moment I apply this, my son told me that he wanted to puke and that, quote, "There are some scents which I don't like and this is one of them which makes me sick." Therefore I washed it off and applied LP Red to cover the scent.

I think I'll use it in an oil burner in my office this winter.

I am burning Skelly Head Flambe as we speak. It does smell super good, but just not on me. All the notes I loved in the bottle amp on me and go all sour... :-(

Edited by Raq On

• 1 year later...

I didn't know the notes to look for when i first sniffed this but my first thought was peach and a very nice peach with a greenish backdrop. The peach fades out a little more and wood takes over so that the greens,wood and peach are in a perfect triangle. I really like this. I will have to ration my sniffee!

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried this from a sniffee and I'm in love! I smell the evergreen and the spice, but not cloying or fake smelling evergreen. Fresh, lush. And as for the musk? I don't detect it at all. Or the peach and plumb but those are the notes that must give it that extra something. So often I go for the spice and especially at Christmas I tend to go overboard when those NR's hit. But This is different This is one of those that melds with my skin and doesn't fight or just sit on top of it.

Just have to now make sure my skin doesn't eat it and I can still detect a hint of it a few hours later :-)

I just tried this from a sniffee and I'm in love! I smell the evergreen and the spice, but not cloying or fake smelling evergreen. Fresh, lush. And as for the musk? I don't detect it at all. Or the peach and plumb but those are the notes that must give it that extra something. So often I go for the spice and especially at Christmas I tend to go overboard when those NR's hit. But This is different This is one of those that melds with my skin and doesn't fight or just sit on top of it.

Just have to now make sure my skin doesn't eat it and I can still detect a hint of it a few hours later :-)

Let us know if it lasts! I wore this today and about an hour after applying I did the dishes by hand, so it washed away. I'll have to wear it again when I'm out and about, so I can see how long it lasts for me.

All this talk of HoHoHo made me run to my sniffles and try it out. After the initial pine blast, which is good but I don't know if I would want to smell like that, it turned very fruity and fresh. It is lovely! I'm going to test for a full day tomorrow.

I must say that I love having this site to check out reviews. I may have stayed scared of the pine and not sampled it for awhile.

• 3 weeks later...

Huh, I got more of a ginger pear with evergreen splashed over with a sophisticated perfume scent. So far the best sample I've tried so far.

• 2 years later...

This one started out delightfully Christmassy on me yesterday, but it didn't last--it turned all weird on me fairly quickly. Which made me sad because sometimes I enjoy smelling like a Christmas tree. :D

But when it turned, it turned into a very "ointment"-like smell, which doesn't appeal to me. I am not sure what caused it--the poinsettia? That's the only note I am not sure about. Or maybe the plum? I don't know. I know gardenia tends to go ointment-y on me, but there's no gardenia in this, so...I dunno!