Lorien's Forest Floor

bumbob

Has this been reviewed yet???

I'm not v.good at describing scent... but may be i can describe an image?

Wet: sharp green - the scent reminds me of Pride & Prejudice the scene when Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy kissed... That grassy and misty atmosphere with the sun glowing through the foggy morning :( The scent really reminds me of the English morning... I miss how when you wake up in the morning, you see droplets on the grass, you smell that FRESHness of the garden/park/field... oh, I miss ENGLAND!!! :'(

http://tinypineapple.com/a/film/pride-and-...5-one-sheet.jpg

Dried: I get watery floral and a bit of musk? If you like morning of glory, i think you will like Lorien's Forest Floor :)

Hope this helps... :P

Edited by bumbob

I received a bottle of this which I gave to Quince because I thought he'd like the green aspect of it. He says he prefers to smell it more than to wear it, because it's a bit too floral for his liking. My impression was of a green floral with a slighty earthy drydown...but it's funny you should bring up Blighty because he had the same impression. He said it reminded him of the garden at the back of the house where he used to live years ago (in Primrose Hill, I think?) when it got really damp (which I'm assuming was most of the time :( ).

Edited by luna65

I received a bottle of this which I gave to Quince because I thought he'd like the green aspect of it. He says he prefers to smell it more than to wear it, because it's a bit too floral for his liking. My impression was of a green floral with a slighty earthy drydown...but it's funny you should bring up Blighty because he had the same impression. He said it reminded him of the garden at the back of the house where he used to live years ago (in Primrose Hill, I think?) when it got really damp (which I'm assuming was most of the time :) ).

I would prefer smelling it than to wear it too!! Simply because the scent when wet brings me to my memory of my old school... The early morning of the green field in Spring :) The damp grass, fog and crisp clear temperature!! :(

This one was a FAVORITE for both me and John John. We made off with the last of the stock. John uses it in his oil burner, and I roll it on my pillowcase, but we both wear it too.

To me it smells exactly like the woods behind my father's house in the wilds of New Jersey - moist leafy earth.

John uses it in his oil burner, and I roll it on my pillowcase, but we both wear it too.

moist leafy earth.

YES- moist leafy earth!

I have a question about oil burner! Do scent smell the same on oil burner in comparison to scent from the vial? Does that make sense? Also.... are the electric ones good? I've seen some on the market and... they don't really heat up like candle ones??

• 4 years later...

I absolutely love this! I spent part of yesterday cutting herbs to dry, pulling the spent zucchini, watermelon and cucumber vines, brushing against all the garden plants that were still damp from the morning rain. The mornings are starting to cool off here, all dew-heavy . The scent of the leaves and herbs cling to your skin when you brush your hands atop them. This scent is exactly that. Beautiful!