The Sun

Kovvy

I think I remember the PM saying that this scent was the favorite with the creators, so when my package came today, I had to try it out first.

It's awonderful, clean, citrus scent, though in the vial it has a little more of a floral scent. There's a hint of something green or grassy in it, too. It's wonderful, sweet without being cloying, light, and fresh. I can see why it'd be the favorite! I still can't wait to try the rest though.

Eeee, yeah, it's exciting!

My nose is a little stuffy, so I don't know if I'll try any of the others tonight.

Oh, also-- on drydown that floral comes through a little more strongly. Very nice.

I thought for sure mine would be here today!! Well, tomorrow for sure!!

Ugh!! Ok, what's worse...not *getting* the new LP Monthly Sampler...or *getting* it, and realizing that in your 2 free minutes last week you purchased the "Generic LP Sampler" and NOT the new ones at all!

...kicks self.

repeatedly.

Ugh!! Ok, what's worse...not *getting* the new LP Monthly Sampler...or *getting* it, and realizing that in your 2 free minutes last week you purchased the "Generic LP Sampler" and NOT the new ones at all!

...kicks self.

repeatedly.

Katz, send it back in original condition, and I will send you the monthly instead. That's what you actually wanted, right?

I haz mine too. :D

I love the lemonyness of this one, but I've only sniffed it thus far. I'll have Things To Say About It later.

Katz, send it back in original condition, and I will send you the monthly instead. That's what you actually wanted, right?

*sniff*... like Superman, Mara's always there when you need her! I'm so sorry PM! I'd like to add a scrub if it's not too confusing, and that way I'm not leaving you hang for the $hipping! I was literally popping between two systems on two different networks, trying to SLAM in my new order... Next time WAIT 'till you're home katz.

Oh i really want to try this out!!! I've been wanting to try something with a lemony note in LPs potion!!! >.<

This is definitely a citrus scent which is wonderfully unisex. The bergamot and spearmint lends a clean fresh quality without being specifically sweet. The floral elements to me aren't especially prevalent, The Sun really is clear and bright but not overtly "warm." And the citrus aspect is fairly long-lasting as well, another great quality about this one.

I think Focus Potion would be a great pheromone to use with The Sun because all of the ingredients in the fragrance support the uses of the mind and therefore it would create a nice congruent effect.

I think Focus Potion would be a great pheromone to use with The Sun because all of the ingredients in the fragrance support the uses of the mind and therefore it would create a nice congruent effect.

I have not tried it yet,but I do soooo agree with Luna,it sounds like a perfect pairing with FP :)

BEGONIA ~ Fancifulness, artistic vision.

BERGAMOT ~ Confidence builder. Uplifts emotions, protection, attracts riches. Mental alertness, energizing.

SPEARMINT ~ Stimulates, energizes and uplifts. Love, purification, healing, . psychism, creativity. Protects the home.

TEA ROSE ~ Memory, remembrance, renewal, hope, peace, higher virtues.

AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches

This one is also a favorite of mine. I love the citrus quality that the bergamot lends, I think lemon would've leaned towards pledge in this. TT also likes it, as he usually prefers the more 'classic' type scents.

This is wonderful! Like bottled sunshine or just soaking up the sun on a beautiful sunny day. I get citrus, but I can't for the life of me identify it Bergamot? Orange? Lemon? Grapefruit? On me, it smells like a salad of all of them with some fresh mint leaves as a garnish.

At dry-down it's more floral, but still very Citrus. And you're absolutely right Luna, it's not warm, more cool & bright. Almost like the winter Sun.

Full bottle worthy!

Edited by paganlady

Wet, this was a blast of lemon on me, even though it isn't an ingredient (that's the bergamot, maybe?) The next note I get is spearmint, which I wouldn't have thought would be good with lemon, but it has the effect of making me feel very alert. This may be good for driving on long trips!

There is something in the scent that makes me REALLY dizzy... Might be the lemon.... Didn't get the mintiness! It's a very beautiful fragrance tho!!! :shocked::):D

I get a really bad headache when i'm upclose to the scent!!! <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Got to try this scent last night. It was all bergamot and almost nothing else. I did get a hint of the amber in it but not really any mint even at the beginning. Having said that, I did think it smelled GREAT and reminded me a bit of Creed's Millsime Imperial (which is also a scent with bergamot) and that is a very good thing indeed considering the Creed scent is $150 and lasts maybe an hour. This scent I can still smell 12 hours later.

• 2 weeks later...

I do like this! Can't tell ya what's in it, but on me it smells clean, warm, a bit masculine. I see that there's bergamot & amber (2 winners). The spearmint must be blending with something else because I don't smell it. When I smell it I feel slightly more alert & calm. I likey!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm curious to try this - I think spearmint and amber would balance beautifully.

I know the one time I had it on I really liked this one.

• 1 year later...

Wearing this today - I really get the bergamot, it comes off as lemony/citrus on me. Super light, clean, and fresh-smelling. I love it! Not really getting any rose, and it barely smells floral-y at all to me. Just fresh and pretty.

• 6 months later...

Ok, I don't like lemon unless it's gloppy (ex Kanary Kremes)...but this is a burst of happiness wtih a big lemony blast - I don't believe the description that there isn't any :D must be the bergamot for me like some of you others. It is very uplifting yes, very focus-y and work appropriate. But you know what it overwhelmingly smells like to me wet? FRUIT STRIPE GUM!!! my mom didn't let me have that as a kid so naturally I remain unhealthily obsessed with it to this day. So this is happy forbidden fruitiness in a vial. Not my usual kind of thing but I will enjoy the hell out of my sample.

Edited by tyvey

Ok, I don't like lemon unless it's gloppy (ex Kanary Kremes)...but this is a burst of happiness wtih a big lemony blast - I don't believe the description that there isn't any :D must be the bergamot for me like some of you others. It is very uplifting yes, very focus-y and work appropriate. But you know what it overwhelmingly smells like to me wet? FRUIT STRIPE GUM!!! my mom didn't let me have that as a kid so naturally I remain unhealthily obsessed with it to this day. So this is happy forbidden fruitiness in a vial. Not my usual kind of thing but I will enjoy the hell out of my sample.

FRUIT STRIPE GUM!! That's my fav gum. I love the smell so very much. The flavor never lasted long, which meant I chewed the whole pack in half a day, but I still purchased it with my allowance. Now, even better, they came out with a bubblegum and the flavors lasted!!

I need to smell this. I'll have to keep my eye open on the trades.

• 4 months later...

*Looks up and waves* Hi, Tyvey! I just procured a sample of this from Tyvey...and it DOES smell like Fruit Stripe Gum when it's wet!!! I luuuuurrrrrrved that gum. I think you can still get it any place they sell more vintage-style candy, yes?

:heart: Anyhoo, this is BEAUTIFUL stuff. Funny--I never tried it because of the spearmint note. I love me some spearmint, and use the essential oil all the time. But I couldn't glom onto using it as a perfume. However, I do NOT perceive the spearmint in this! It's lemony and citrus-sweet, bright, refreshing, and lovely! What it truly reminds me of--only it's BETTER--is some Clememtine perfume I got at Pier 1 back in the dark ages. The Sun is like that was, only *without* the overwhelm. I think I'm going to have to get either more samples or a full bottle. I'm enjoying the living daylights outta this!!! :heart: THANKS Tyvey! :)

:greensmilies-024: <---- Me and The Sun

P.S. Forgot to tell y'all: On long drydown, what I get is sort of lemon and tea rose. OMGYUM!!!!!!!! *swoon* And it is indeed an inspiring, energizing sort of scent for me. :heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP