Temperance

luna65

Temperance

Embody the spirit of rational nature, of balance of all things, of attainment of the proper direction of all energies in the spiritual and material worlds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
Sparkling OZONE & OXYGEN accords ~ give off a vitalizing aura of fresh, clean air.
TEA ~ Health. Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength, balance.
LIME ~ Healing, love, protection.
PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.
SALT ~ Protection, purification, grounding, resurrection.
ZUCCHINI BLOSSOM ~ Bestows energy and vitality. Balancing, aids fertility and virility.
MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mara and I had a talk about water and I was telling her about how I love the scent of water, especially when I get out of the shower, but how water/ozone accords just never work on me. Some other notes do better with that kind of evocation, like bamboo (though aloe can turn ugly on me), but I was saying how wonderful it would be if there was a scent which smelled like you do when you get out of the shower, just that essence of clean when your skin is still wet. And then she talked about mineral content in water, how it should be slightly sweet, and that is part of the equation in creating a water accord which is true rather than the sharpness of most of those accords (which can give people headaches, myself included). Or that "clean" often means "soapy" but that's not what it means to everyone (I am not particularly a fan of soapy scents).

And she did it...this is the scent of water, almost neutral, slightly sweet, but clean. And in that it truly helps to embody the concept. You can't help but want to be clean, truly clean, when you wear this. Not just that the scent will make you smell clean, but like you have to start from nothing and allow it to transform you.

(Yes, I know that sounds a bit hippy-dippy, but there it is.)

As your skin warms it then it might show some of the other characteristics, for me the musk is the most obvious after a few hours wear when my body heat has changed it a bit, but the watery aspect is still there. Even if you don't particularly care for aquatics or light scents I would encourage you to at least try a sample because there is always a time when you might want to be clean and this will absolutely positively evoke and embody the balance of Temperance for you.

The whole CONCEPT of the potion is BRILLIANT!!!!! ;) Will this be a bit like the scent in Open Window? A sort of clear and transparent feel to the scent? neutral and clean? I want to try it badly now!!!!! :666:

Sparkling OZONE & OXYGEN accords ~ give off a vitalizing aura of fresh, clean air.

TEA ~ Health. Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength, balance.

LIME ~ Healing, love, protection.

PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.

SALT ~ Protection, purification, grounding, resurrection.

ZUCCHINI BLOSSOM ~ Bestows energy and vitality. Balancing, aids fertility and verility.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousa

l

This one is my #1 favorite of this months collection. I really need a full bottle!

Very clean & fresh....usually Aquatics & I don't get along. They turn vicious on me. This one however, I could wear anywhere.

Scented my self before I went to bed & slept wonderfully!

A full bottle on this one too I think!

Edited by paganlady

Lovely, gentle and clean. It's not harsh at all, which I usually associate with clean scents. I'll need to test this again when I don't have the other nine scents up and down each arm because it is getting overshadowed right now. Upon initial application, though, I really liked it!

Edited by rinster

Wow. I knew this would be a clean & pretty scent but WOW. It doesn't strike me as aquatic, tho - which is good. Most aquatics go weird on me. I get a soft clean mint, sweetness, tea (green?), lime that doesn't scream "citrus!!!" on me, and - of course - musk. I don't remember what zucchini blossoms smell like, so I can't say if they're present. It doesn't matter, because this is a light clean summer scent. Perfect for todays almost 70 degree weather!

• 3 weeks later...

this was beautiful. got a compliment from wearing it to work. so a good work scent. When wet it reminded me of salted cucumbers and then turned into a watery sweet lightly floral scent. It is very girly. Glad i got a full bottle

I REALLY LIKE this scent! I think I will need to get it in BETA SPRAY AMP with FOCUS!!!! Waiting for $$ fairy very patiently!!! >.<

I ordered this one in the large size also (it's on it's way, YAY). This one is very calming on me. I love to put it on after a shower, right before bed. I should have had this one boosted with B2. Next bottle...

• 1 year later...

This was a surprise love for me. Wet I get a very minty freshness almost like a lemon, it reminds me of a super clean kitchen or bathroom with sparkling tile.. that good feeling you get when something is very clean and shiny and fresh, as it dries down it becomes the most beautiful type of floral ? I have no idea what it is. It smells so pretty and fresh. Like clean sheets with pretty flowers by the bed. I love this especially for summer! I have to make a note to get this in a beta spray, because I would love to spray this at work when I feel stressed or frazzled, would also love to smell this in my candle warmer. This is a must have for summer.

Feels cool and refreshing and energetic!

• 3 months later...

OH MY GOD. This is GORGEOUS. So light and bright, watery and cool! I want to wear this casually, but also afraid to because of the magical intent of the fragrance! But of the magical oils this might just be okay to wear regularly! Who can't use an oil to banish bad habits?

I LOVE this wet, but on drydown the mintiness comes out, but still with the fresh watery scent to it.

LOVE so much. I didn't think I could find one to top Nymph for me for the fresh crisp scent I like but this might just be it.

• 5 months later...

I just wanted to give this one a shout out--

this has been the one I've tested most as a deodorant, and it's been my favorite consistent one.

I think Rose Cookies worked longer, and I liked the scent of Xehua Xing best (even including when the body bacteria start to smell a bit around the 18hr-24hr mark), but Temperance has been my go to for the last four or five days and I find it the best middle ground for smell and effectiveness.

When the smell of the bacteria start to poke through, it's just not as pretty as xehua xing.

However, I do think when I've gone a day without wearing anything, it might be effecting my non-deodorant days in a good way. My right armpit (I'm right side dominant,so more sweat glands over there) didn't hardly smell, so maybe I've been slathering more on perfume-as-deodorant days there than in my left armpit.

I absolutely agree that there's a slight and pleasant mintiness coming through. I'm not into florals AT ALL but this one I could even consider wearing as a perfume, though I like it best as deodorant with something else as perfume.

Edited by MissHazel

• 2 years later...

OK, I saw StacyK raving about this on a different thread and it occurred to me that maybe I should test my bottle that I've had listed on trade thread again. I am SO glad I did, because this is amazing! Wet is very lovely, and I get a nice mix of the mint and tea, while the ozone is as soft as I've smelled it. But the drydown is unbelievable. A couple of hours into it I happened to catch a wisp of scent coming from my wrist and started huffing. It's an extraordinarily delicate close wearing skin musk that is out of this world. I can no longer distinguish any individual notes; it's morphed into some entirely new animal. I'm so glad I gave it another try!