Transition

luna65

AD-Transition_1.jpg

Transition

Embody the spirit of natural transit, of inexorable movement towards the horizon of eternity and under the rose of Life our transformation is assured in matters spiritual and material. A potion for starting anew: with purifying and renewal ingredients of earth, frankincense and myrrh, white musk for building self confidence, and vanilla and amber for inspiring love and joy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, Consecration, Protection, Exorcism.
WHITE MUSK ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's always that one scent in a collection which gives you an "Oooh!" moment. As in: "Oooh I like that!" An immediate connection. And that is Transition for me.

I will say that you have to be a resin lover, but primarily a myrrh lover, to enjoy this; although of course it's entirely possible that some other note will take Center Stage on your skin. For me, it's the myrrh, and I looooove myrrh. The other notes sort of cocoon the myrrh for me and keep it smooth and beautiful. This is very rich and burnished in the way which resin-based scents can be, with the other notes adding to that impression. It has a sort of sweetness, but not a sugary sweetness. Myrrh lovers will know what I mean by that, as it has a unique sweet quality. It's a scent which, for me, makes me center myself with affection and care. Myrrh also has a reflective/contemplative character for me...there is a comfort and an aspect of self-confidence which I could sense from first sniff.

There's always that one scent in a collection which gives you an "Oooh!" moment. As in: "Oooh I like that!" An immediate connection. And that is Transition for me.

I will say that you have to be a resin lover, but primarily a myrrh lover, to enjoy this; although of course it's entirely possible that some other note will take Center Stage on your skin. For me, it's the myrrh, and I looooove myrrh. The other notes sort of cocoon the myrrh for me and keep it smooth and beautiful. This is very rich and burnished in the way which resin-based scents can be, with the other notes adding to that impression. It has a sort of sweetness, but not a sugary sweetness. Myrrh lovers will know what I mean by that, as it has a unique sweet quality. It's a scent which, for me, makes me center myself with affection and care. Myrrh also has a reflective/contemplative character for me...there is a comfort and an aspect of self-confidence which I could sense from first sniff.

Oooooooh...

I put this on today because I definitely am in need of some transition as I move from 23 (late early twenties) to 24 (mid-twenties, yikes) and just a little help to feel stable right now as things shift and move around me. I really love this scent because it's a gentle transition - I can smell the earth and the myrrh, with a touch of a sweetness - and not at all a BAM! Smack you in the face 'cause it's TRANSITION TIME B*TCHES scent. My skin loves amber, so I get a lot of that. It's just very smooth, intimate, and peaceful and I can tell I'm going to need a big bottle.

There's a touch of masculinity to it, but it's not a blatant boy scent; definitely unisex. It's just strong and steady.

I could sleep in this. I'm already trying to decide if I want to keep it straight or boost it: I could really go either way, but since I love Boy/Boy, it might be a nice addition because I feel good when I wear Boy/Boy. Referring to B2, of course.

Edited by lesreveurs

FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, Consecration, Protection, Exorcism.

WHITE MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.

WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

I like this one based on smell alone. There's something in this that has a really 'fresh' quality, must be the white musk?

sweet dirt. Not much of the resins yet, will have to give it more time

ETA: after drydown this one is such a morpher and I swear it has my nose fooled into thinking there is pineapple in there somewhere! So funny. But I really love this one

Edited by halo0073

Ooooooo this is pretty! I'm getting the powdery scent of the Myrrh, with the White Musk & a hint of Vanilla. Like Luna said, a very comforting scent, and pretty appropriate for places that smelling slutty would be a no no.

Odd, I didn't think I was going to like this one. Usually Myrrh overpowers everything else on me. This plays well with the other notes though.

WOW, i think this is one of the top five for me! I can imagine this going well with FOCUS! It is clear, quite masculine and it's not distractive at all! I def. see the reflective and contemplative aspect of this scent!! :)

I put this on this morning and it was Myrrh, Earth & maybe white musk. I liked it. Slightly masculine, very clean. Didn't get much throw and the up close smell was okay. But then it dried and I'd get this lovely *very light* vanilla woody(?) clean smell wafting up. "What smells so nice? Oh! It's MEEEEE!" :shocked: When I catch whiffs of it, it helps clean away mental clutter. Do I need a bottle? Maybe.......

• 9 months later...

hi,

I tried this potion with the intent. And i am in love with this one.

I can't pin point which note came first but i think i could feel, something masculin, musk, & flower and something sweet in the background with the deepening it quality. so went up to read the composition. oh my, i just love this scent.

it is very delicate musculin fragrance. more on feminine side, maybe cos i applied small dab on my upper chest. it is very clean, light. a must have summer potion. i think my search is over for something soft , feminine & elegant fragrance in which i can bathe. i am a spice & strong fragrance lover but this has taken my heart. oh make me feel like million buck perfume wearer with this on. it is romantically soft for me. it has something which takes the attention to the mind, as the air i inhale goes up in head, not to the heart, body or soul. when i close eyes N sniff all the attention goes to head. something that connects you to mind??? don't know but i feel it.

white musk comes nice on me. when it dried down after say an hour it becomes elegantly soft. kind of mix of musk, vanilla and amber sweetened. but i am not liking the fact that it is going fast. i think it will not last long.

when i applied it with intent , i burned 5 drops in my warmer pot also. the whole house & specially my room feels clean n clear & as if something is gone from here. some uplifting quality in the air.

a good scent for everyone to try once at least.

i am still waiting for the intent to work for me. i am sleeping with this on now. believing it will be a new morning for me.

Edited by Magnanimity

WOW, i think this is one of the top five for me! I can imagine this going well with FOCUS! It is clear, quite masculine and it's not distractive at all! I def. see the reflective and contemplative aspect of this scent!! :D

I have Focus and Tranq betas blightly scented with Transition, fabulous combinations, I loooove them both.

• 2 weeks later...

oh thats a good idea. i too can try this combo. as i am loving this scent and have just ordered tranquility sample. ok i am thinking of getting tranquility with it once i know how tranquility turns out on you.. how long does this lasts on you kblazin? pls share .

Edited by Magnanimity

oh thats a good idea. i too can try this combo. as i am loving this scent and have just ordered tranquility sample. ok i am thinking of getting tranquility with it once i know how tranquility turns out on you.. how long does this lasts on you kblazin? pls share .

I couldn't guess a time frame, but Transition lasts very well and is such a pretty scent... I'm surprised I don't wear this as my primary scent more often, but I've become so accustomed to using these betas for effects, and usually self-effects at that. I always have them with me at work, and sometimes spritz the area there with Tranq to combat bitchiness, mine or other's. That bottle is almost gone now, go figure!

If I have on other smellies/pheros, I still sometimes spray a tissue to keep in my pocket and huff occasionally. (Tranquility and Focus blend well together, IMO, so I often do a spray of each on the tissue. Great for a little 'chillax and back-to-the-grindstone' vibe.) Transition has a very calming affect on me scentwise, but at this point it may be Skinnerian as much as anything else :wink2: I LOVE the intention of it as a blend though, it was part of the Tarot set and based on the Death card, so is about transition (of course!) change, regeneration, etc... things I personally need more of, and extra relaxation and focus to deal!

Hope that helps you out :^^:

oh, i hope people don't think you sniffing some drug for addiction. lol.. he he he he

well its also an addiction but of different kind..... we all know ;):)

thanks for the info. i recently ordered tranquility in wax melts and phero both. lets see how it works out for me.

does transition magikcal intent worked for you. have you seen any kind of change in your life? that's what i wanted to know... :)

• 1 year later...

I'm wearing this this evening and I have to say I agree with Luna's post. The only thing I might add is that, on me, it feels like it shares a bit of DNA with TOS.

I'm loving this right now.

• 10 months later...

I got this as a sniffie in a trade a long, long time ago. I didn't care for it at the time, probably because of the earth note, which took some time for me to get used to and to like in perfumes. (Now I find it a bit addictive in certain scents. Go figure!). All the other notes used in Transition, I love. It could only be the earthy note putting me off.

Anyway, I was going through some of my sniffies early this afternoon, and found this one in my "to give away" pile. I re-tested it on a whim, and OH. MY. GOD. I can't tell you if it's because I've come to love that earth note, or if it's because I actually *am* in a state of transition, but this suddenly smells absolutely heavenly to me. In the vial, on my skin, floating through the air... It's simply lovely. Airy somehow. Sheer. Feminine without being flowery or sweet.

And now I'm sulking a little that I wasn't smart enough to grab a bottle while it was still available! :lol: If ever there was a time when I could use a little help "transitioning", this would be it. I'm going to keep my sniffie for future sniffing purposes, and cross my fingers that I eventually find a few more drops on someone's trade page.