The Star

Beccah

JASMINE ~ Spiritual love, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, self confidence.

HONEYSUCKLE ~ Generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection; bonds of love

BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

POPLAR ~ Hope, rebirth, divination.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing.

SALT ~ Protection, purification, grounding, feminine energy, resurrection

I went full bottle on this one because jasmine & honeysuckle are in my favorite notes category. I'm glad that I did because I love this for a daily scent. It's very elegant, in the same vein as Silk & Fur, Forever After, or Lynne & Denise's PE's. Tied with Magician in my 2nd favorite of this month's collection.

I bought the large bottles of Star and Magician too. I love the Star. I think it's my favorite thus far. I bought it because of the Jasmine. When I first started dabbling in using scents for a purpose I discovered that anything with Jasmine in it worked like a charm for me. It still does. I will have to stock up.

I bought the large bottles of Star and Magician too. I love the Star. I think it's my favorite thus far. I bought it because of the Jasmine. When I first started dabbling in using scents for a purpose I discovered that anything with Jasmine in it worked like a charm for me. It still does. I will have to stock up.

I find I'm drawn to jasmine as well. It's almost like I crave the smell of it.

In theory, I love many white florals, including jasmine (Mara and I were reminiscing about how we each wore copious amounts of Love's Musky Jasmine as teenagers) but they don't always love me. However, The Star is a beautifully delicate floral in the vial and it does amp a bit with wear, but stays very pretty; feminine and lovely for any time but its aura of lightness of spirit is especially perfect for Spring.

JASMINE + Bamboo. :shocked::):D

I really like this! It's one of my top five so far!! <_< It's a Light, fresh, sophiscated scent! The jasmine is strong but it is not sharp at all :D

LIKEY LIKEY! Will try it a few more times!!! :):):)

The intent on this one is just beautiful. When I wear it I notice people are drawn to me & seem a bit deferential & just generally enjoy my company more. On the flip side I feel more positive and just exude 'good will', lolz. I do find myself stopping to t=speak with people more than I normally do. & the scent leads me to huff myself, so wrist application is a must that way I can covertly rest head on hand & huff w/out looking odd.

Dammit dammit dammit! Why do so many of the scents this month work so well on me!?!? I can not afford all these......

Yeah. At first it started as an almost soapy floral, and I was "yeah, whatever. No big thing." Then the soapiness disappeared and now it smells great! Delicate & girly while still being classy. I'm ready for spring!!

Sadness. :lol: I really, really wanted to love this one but my skin had other plans. I ended up amping the honeysuckle so much it literally reminded me of this huge honeysuckle plant we used to have that attracted swarms of wasps that scared the living crap out of me. I can imagine it would be beautiful on the right person, though.

Edited by Invidiana

• 1 month later...

I really love this one- The Jasmin lingers on me, it makes me feel safe and happy. Like I falling into nice big bed of white clean fluffy pillows. It really draws happy coincidences for me and elevates my mood, to a more peaceful state which is probably why the happy events occur. Even when I sniff it in its vial it brings a smile to my face. I am really addicted to this one. It lives up to its name for sure! I can't say enough about it, even writing about it makes me happy. Everyone should try at least a sample. There's just something really great about this one. If I could take this in a pill format.

I'm buying a big one.

• 4 months later...

The jasmine turned out to be a soft one and I am glad that the vanilla in this one isn't a loud. I didn't get much of the honeysuckle. I like this more than the other jasmine scent I have now on.

• 2 years later...

I got a bunch of new goods in a few recent trades. This one, I was iffy on cause I figured by having JALN, I had a,variant of it already, and JALN is a bit too sweet for me, so I worried this would be too. I like sweet, but with the right things, ya know?

Anyway, I'm SO GLAD I decided to get this. It is my very FAVORITE out of all the new ones I've acquired in recent trades. I can't believe how underrated it is! This should have caused a stampede to the cart when it came out!

So, its the perfect and most lush,beautiful treatment of Jasmine that I've ever smelled. Haunting in it's beauty,natural and clear. All the other notes set the perfect light and sweet frame work for its night blooming gorgeousness.

The supporting notes are very unique. I think its the poplar,probably that gives it such a special accent.

Also, as I noted in the thread about most peaceful and calming potions, this one works just like a spell oil in quieting my mind and helping me feel grounded and at ease. It soothed me to sleep last night and this morning I could still catch whiffs of its gentle blue aura.

What was the intent of this one guys? Were the Tarot oils somehow like the spell oils? Kinda seems that way. I know all of Maras scents have they're own intent, but this one seems to vibrate on a higher level like a spell oil. Anyone know?

Here's the description:

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/TStar/

Since the collection is called "Embody The Tarot," it means that each fragrance is an embodiment of the major arcana it is based upon, with the ingredients supporting and enhancing those aspects.

Oooo! Thank you Luna!

It IS like a spell oil. It really works too! Fantastic. :D

I need to learn more about the Tarot in general. I've dabbled with my deck that my mom gave me a bit, but the "instructions" that came with it were very vauge. I'll have to look online on how to get more out of them.