The Emperor

Beccah

REDWOOD ~ Power, protection, love, success.

OSMANTHUS ~ Potency, healing, peace, protection, lust.

RASPBERRY ~ Stamina, vigor. Love inducing, protection.

CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

PEAR ~ Love, lust, passion, longevity and luck.

SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

SPICES ~ Money attracting, deflects negative and hostile energies. Sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers

I smelled this yesterday & it is surprisinly clean smelling. I do get the power in this scent when smelling out of the vial, but I didn't want to say it smelled 'powerful' because it's more of a true 'alpha' scent to me. Like a strong man who lets his woman be herself, not feeling the need to be 'in control' because he already is confident & actually in control of himself.

This one stayed clean & evergreen on me. I agree with Beccah, a definite aura of power surrounds this one. If your a woman that likes clean, woody scents, this one would be good to boost with SWS or Dominance.

This does a soapy green kind of thing on me, although initially it has a sort of "fizzy" smell, interestingly (probably the fruit accords on the top). Hopefully Quince likes it, he loves redwood and I can kind of sense it in the background, but the osmanthus is really strong on me, probably amped by the musk.

*edit*

It turns sort of woody and spicy on me after a time, but it's rather subtle.

Edited by luna65

This is really SWEET on me? <_< Might be from the Pear and Raspberry?

I also get the clean and woody scent!! OMG.. I love the sweetness of it! Itz driving me crazy!!! :J001:

This is another clean clear scent on me. I love anything with woods, so this is delightful! The sweetness - which I didn't realize was fruit until I came here too check the notes - aren't overwhelming. If I had my way it would be heavier on the woods, but it's still a *tiny* touch masculine. Very pretty, will be good for spring. It fades fast, tho.

Ugh! I was going to hold off on getting anything new for a while but you all make this one sound like it'd be right up my alley! Nothing worse than evil enablers.

Finally got to sniff this one last night. Whoa... Yup, I think this is going to be a full bottle buy for me. I am really liking it. Even though there are very few ingredients in common, it actually reminded me a lot of Medium. On me it smelled very similar and also had similar empowering feeling to it. I LOVED Medium and if I could have gotten my hands on more than one bottle I'd have worn it a lot. I have a feeling I'll be getting at least one full bottle of Emperor. :lol:

• 5 months later...

THIS EMPEROR SMELLS GOOD. ManThing and I both wear him. As the Emperor joined our household on Father's Day, he hasn't had a lot of test runs yet, but he does smell lovely on both of us! We definitely get the fruity sweetness around the edges, and the redwood, I think. He blends pretty thoroughly on both of us, and isn't as outspoken as I expected him to be. More of an understated ruler whose presence is felt, quietly, everywhere.

Finally tried this one on Q and he started out with his usual cry of "Too sweet!" (the fizzy quality it starts out with, I'm thinking) but after drydown he did the *sniff and shrug* thing which means he was okay with it. It definitely has the right vibe for him, I would say, although I don't know if he'd wear it often; I don't think there's enough of a wood smell in it for his nose.

• 4 weeks later...

This is way sweet on me and I love it!!! Mmmmm...I can never stop sniffing when I wear it.

I definitely smell the raspberry and I guess the redwood...or is that cedar...or osmanthus? I don't know but it is warm and comforting and makes me feel safe in my own skin somehow...and very sexy in my own skin. I still think it is amazing how the scents evoke the feelings that are intended by the magickal ingredients...I don't know why I am so baffled by Mara's Magic, but I am. Especially when one hits it right on like this one...Power, protection, grounding, strength, passion, etc..it's all in there. I feel SO GOOD wearing this.

Something about this also reminds me of Christmas. I think that is why I didn't get a full bottle when it first came out. Even though I really liked it, it came out right after Christmas and I was moving on to other things, but now I am CRAVING Christmas and I am getting a full bottle of this. The longer I have it on the more appalled I am that I waited so long to get it. I am lucky I didn't miss out on it.

• 9 months later...

sweet (the raspberry and the pear?) spicy wood... I do get the fizziness, which I really like. It's not too masculine for me to wear, and I really enjoy the scent, so it's definitely a keeper!

For some reason this perfume reminds me of my mum? I guess it must be similar to whatever fragrance she wears, but strangely enough I don't even know what fragrance she does wear. Must ask her sometime.

• 5 months later...

For some reason I get a banana, woodsy, spice, with a hint of incense. I had a friend smell me and he agreed that it smelled like banana on me too! Go figure. Maybe it's the pear and raspberry wood combo? Like pumpkin spice lattes, if you took a strawberry banana smoothie and spice latte-fied it, you would get what it smells like. I'm sure I'm just amping the fruit notes in a weird way.

For some reason I get a banana, woodsy, spice, with a hint of incense. I had a friend smell me and he agreed that it smelled like banana on me too! Go figure. Maybe it's the pear and raspberry wood combo? Like pumpkin spice lattes, if you took a strawberry banana smoothie and spice latte-fied it, you would get what it smells like. I'm sure I'm just amping the fruit notes in a weird way.

Ha! That is interesting. I never got banana. I haven't worn this in a while but I'll revisit it soon. It's a cozy scent and that is what I like for Fall. I remember lots of fruity woods.

eta: so I posted int the Night Potion thread that I am wearing this tonight and loving the sweet woods... no banana for me but it still reminds me of Christmas like I said in my original review. It is a great chilly night bed scent!

Edited by missdarlyncherie

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I got a combination of spice, incense, and sweet fruit on my first try when I didn't even bother shaking the bottle. It was a casual outing/dinner with some friends but it didn't seem appropriate for what I was going for. I'm going to try Emperor again for when Ritual work is done.

• 10 months later...

This is currently Captain Awesome's favorite scent. I picked up a GGG bottle of this off of Etsy and as much as my bride and I both like it, the kid is really in love with this scent! He said it makes him feel very confident and happy. I agree, the scent dries down to a nice, slightly woodsy clean smelling scent that isn't soapy.

• 8 months later...

I wore Emperor again yesterday. I love the scent but I really love how I feel when wearing it. I feel stronger, more confident and ready to tackle whatever comes at me. It's a great feeling and I notice that others seem to react as if I'm wearing pheromones even when I'm not. Ahhhh... the power of a scent with intent.